Bury or Burn?

old man emu

I am not racist. I just hate the Japanese. Well I have got over that now but it was true for probably over 50 years.I cannot see what is wrong with racism. Do you really believe that all other races are as good as you are. If so I think you must have ignored world events for all your lifetime.

I admire many aspects of Japanese culture and they're entitled to protect their national identity, but perhaps they go a bit far. Japan is one of the most racist countries in the planet; even third-generation Korean residents with Japanese names and perfect language skills are denied citizenship.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that one has to be realistic and accept that each of us is a racist. It is a natural animal instinct for survival of ourselves and of our close family members.

The civilised person accepts that feature of their personality, but makes an effort to curtail their racist behaviour. Its like the alcoholic who acknowledges their alcoholism will never go away, but makes an effort not to succumb to it.

I'm happy to admit my racism exists, but I try to do my best not to express it. Unless, of course I'm dealing with some aerial ping-pong playing, rattler riding Mexican.

OLE!

Cockroaches, I understand though it's not my strong subject. Mexico is a hot place nearer the equator than the USA. Qld is a hot place nearer the equator than NSW. SO where is the logic in this categorisation? Oh I get it the earth is flat and only other planets/suns spin on an axis .Nev

Cockroaches, I understand though it's not my strong subject. Mexico is a hot place nearer the equator than the USA. Qld is a hot place nearer the equator than NSW. SO where is the logic in this categorisation? Oh I get it the earth is flat and only other planets/suns spin on an axis .Nev

"South of the border" Nev. You're looking for logic, that's your first mistake...

So, what's it to be for Mr T?

Gagged, glued into a deerskin and released in the woods of North Carolina in hunting season.

Oh, did I say that out loud?

(Actually, just re-read your post... the answer is "Bury me, fool! You think this bling gonna burn??")

Mexicans - south of the border

Cockraoches - New South Welshmen

Cane Toads (formerly Banana Benders) - Queenslanders

Crow Eaters - South Australians

Sand Gropers - Western Australians

Taswegians - Tasmanians

The two Territories do not seem to have spawned nicknames for their inhabitants.

Mexicans - south of the borderCockraoches - New South Welshmen

Cane Toads (formerly Banana Benders) - Queenslanders

Crow Eaters - South Australians

Sand Gropers - Western Australians

Taswegians - Tasmanians

The two Territories do not seem to have spawned nicknames for their inhabitants.

Well I don't know about the NT, although if you were to base your impression on the "NT News" then it's a pretty strange place... but I believe that the ACT is the "P" territory... full of Pollies, Pushers, Pimps and Prostitutes...

Gosh Nev, freedom is what most of us old guys had as kids. One guy I know used to buy dynamite at a hardware shop in Adelaide wearing his school uniform. Nowadays, kids are collected from the school and driven home by their moms... I think of the whole thing as a gigantic experiment in seeing what the effects of extreme over-supervision will turn out to be.

My son reckons that some of the unwarranted violence seen these days is an early result of this experiment.

Dynamite fuse lit and put into a 4 gallon drum would cause the drum to get nice round ends and then explode.. it sure made a big bang. But we didn't have detonators, I only remember getting lectured at school about how they could blow your fingers off. In hindsight, this was the beginnings of the nanny state.

Nomad, referring to your motto, do you think kids should get easier to look after when they turn 50? I had hopes for 45, but alas they are still hard to look after at 45.

I don't think I can make childhood last for ever. I just want to be a teenager. Forever.

Everyone expects a teen to have mood swings, and make excuses when they do irrational things and generally behave badly.

Sounds like fun.

A detonator has quite an amount of force and they ARE dangerous for that reason when handled, but not effective over any distance. There are fused ones that delay depending on the fuse length and the others have two cotton wrapped wires coming from them. The handle you often see being pushed down to fire a batch of them is a magneto of sorts but any small battery will do it for a single detonator. Nev