Republican win

Yenn

My prediction could still come true. No matter who wins Australia will lose. Clinton is a warmonger, voted for GW Bush to get his way.

As far as Australia is concerned the house of reps have no say in sending our troops to fight for the yanks. That has always been a decision made by the PM, from Menzies on. Maybe I will be proved wrong there as Turnbull wouldn't make a decision to save his life. How long before he is tossed out?

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey people, this is AUSTRALIA, Not the Useless of A. Trump and Clinton are Yanks, not Australians. Just to mention it as some people cant seem to get their heads around that. Who the heck cares about the USA elections, we should be addressing our own problems here at home.

Australian warships are being sent to China South Seas to antagonise China on behalf of the American Military machine that has 600 billion spent on it per year. Turnbull even had the audacity to front Xi Jin Ping at the G20 about it - not Australia's business.

Then there's the Foreign aid to the surrounding countries, humanitarian of course, cough, cough, countries that just happen to have convenient ports for parking warships or American military bases. 80+ million to Vietnam, 80+ million to Phillipines, and other strategic, I mean needy countries that just happen to be around China, money that should be spent on Australians.

If China gets pissed off about it enough, doubtful luckily, then it will be an Australian warship that gets hit first as a warning, i.e. dead Australians.

I very much want this military machine broken up and while the establishment is there, as it is in Australia, nothing will change. Trump has already forced future changes in the Republican Party, win or lose this time.

There are very intelligent people in the know who won't support Trump because they consider him to not be smart enough for the job of running a country and world affairs, those same people also concede that Clinton will be one of the killing'est and globally disruptive Presidents outside of WW1 and WW2 ever, is that what you want?

I think people sometimes miss the point.

All the anti-Trump sentiment is very similar to the anti-Hansen/One Nation attitude in this country. People spend a lot of energy knocking these people. But the real problem is that they gain popularity because the established political incumbents have badly failed people.

If you waste time knocking people like Trump, you are avoiding the real issue. He wouldn't have got this far if people weren't thoroughly p*ssed off with the people you say are a better alternative. If you're offered a choice of two turd sandwiches, why should you have to put up with selecting the one which is a lighter shade of brown.

Correct, I would call for any Lefties here to name at least 2 of Trump's many excellent policies to prove to me they are aware of his actual policies and positions, and not just ignorant bandwagoners who read nothing more than Facebook level memes .....

Well, they've done it. I'm stunned and depressed. This is far worse than Brexit.

The world is going to be an interesting place over the next 4 years. "Interesting" in the way of the Chinese curse - "may you live in interesting times."

I guess the old saying is correct, the two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

Well, they've done it. I'm stunned and depressed. This is far worse than Brexit.

You have no evidence or proof whatsoever of how things will turn out, but note the whining has started already, and will not stop.

I feel sorry for Trump right from the outset, he will not be given a fair go because the last thing Lefts believe in or support is Democracy, and of course the mainstream media is controlled by the Left. - the same ones who even up til yesterday were reporting their "easy victory" Polls for the Democrats trying to steer the election, azzholes.

[ATTACH]48026._xfImport[/ATTACH]

Irony is had they actually followed and reported both Parties policies and positions and actually discussed those, results may have been different.

I guess the old saying is correct, the two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

And you will continue to not understand why Brexit, Hanson and now Trump, and a number of other country's 'Right' (sic) are coming to the fore.

988329940_donconheader.thumb.jpg.ac271606a7e89a41428673aeeb91a3b3.jpg

I feel sorry for Trump right from the outset, he will not be given a fair go because the last thing Lefts believe in or support is Democracy, and of course the mainstream media is controlled by the Left. - the same ones who even up til yesterday were reporting their "easy victory" Polls for the Democrats trying to steer the election, azzholes.

So.....you feel sorry for Trump because he won't be given a fair go? How exactly is that? His pre-election policies were atrocious by your own admission. He publicly stated he'll slap 45% trade tariffs on Chinese goods (one example of many).

Option 1) He breaks his promise first up. "Oh yeah I said it but I didn't really mean it". And this guy is President of the USA. If that was an Australian politician we'd crucify them, then burn their body in public. Hang on....except maybe if they were in the Liberal Party we'd just kinda pretend it didn't happen.

Option 2) He actually does it. 45% tariffs on Chinese goods. Yes that will make America great again! Give me a break.....

People expect policies to actually be delivered. Politicians often don't do this, which is why we get ticked off with them. But how is Trump going to be any different? It's almost a foregone conclusion that he cannot be, simply by virtue of what he has already said.

That's not even touching much of the stuff he'll need to backtrack severely on.

And you will continue to not understand why Brexit, Hanson and now Trump, and a number of other country's 'Right' (sic) are coming to the fore.

I understand it. Angry people are irrational people. The cause of their anger need not have anything whatsoever to do with the consequences of their irrationality. This is why an angry person in a workplace can go and shoot someone (or many people) dead who had absolutely nothing to do with what caused their anger in the first place. Angry people do strange things all the time which have nothing to do with the original source of their anger.

The world is going to be an interesting place over the next 4 years. "Interesting" in the way of the Chinese curse - "may you live in interesting times."

I awoke to this news not long ago Marty, ( Had an 'interesting' boozy night out at the aero club last night for the retirement party of our chairman. . ., and slept in 'A Little' ! )

Best quote I've heard on the media this morning was from some bloke interviewed outside Trump Tower in NY, who said :

"Well - at least having a 70 year old xenophobic racist lunatic redneck with bad hair in the White House will be nothing if not interesting" ( The interviewee described himself as a lifelong Republican. . . )

[quote="dutchroll, post: 587739, member: 5732"

I understand it. Angry people are irrational people.

I may be wrong, but the way I see it, the only truly irrational people are irrational people.

There are angry people who are not irrational, angry people who are irrational, calm people who are irrational and calm people who are not irrational.

I don't think 50% of the American voters were irrational today. If we didn't have angry or p*ssed off voters, we'd never have any change of government, and would end up living in a sort of Orwellian society.

Let's look at it this way - Trump wins - maybe because voters were angry, therefore irrational, so the poor lost souls made a terrible mistake.

Clinton wins - maybe because the voters were calm, sensible and rational - great people who made a wonderful choice.

The only way there will be any political change in any democracy is for people to be angry enough to kick the dishonest, corrupt, self serving bastards out. And if that happens election after election (a growing trend) then maybe, just maybe, the idiots might get the message.

Don't blame the voters, it's the politicians who are the problem. Democracy means this - if the result doesn't go your way, better luck next time. The alternative is to move to a country that doesn't have elected governments.

I don't think 50% of the American voters were irrational today. If we didn't have angry or p*ssed off voters, we'd never have any change of government, and would end up living in a sort of Orwellian society.

Ok I think we need to agree on the definition of "angry".

I think you're right that 50% weren't irrational and it certainly wasn't my intent to imply that simply one side is irrational and the other is not. But there's no doubt a sizeable proportion were. If they paid the slightest attention to Trump's actual stated policies (the very few which existed) they would think "oh geez how the heck can that work?"

However that wasn't the case.

Also you got so much hypocrisy it was just mind-numbing. Clinton's husband is an absolute sleazebag and the women accusing him are tragic victims. Trump is just uttering "locker room talk" and the women accusing him are jilted and.....even ugly. Jeezus. But this was, quite literally, totally ignored by the angry supporters.

I've never seen anything like it.

I understand it. Angry people are irrational people.

Yes, yes, of course, there has to be a bad reason for the result, that has to be the only logical answer for the result.

Nothing to do with having their cultures stripped away from them and other's culture's forced upon them, or unable to walk the streets in safety but make a wrong turn in your car and a policeman jumps on you, the crime rate, the drugs, constantly at war at massive expense while education and health services are crap and lets not mention manufacturing and jobs ...

Yeah, people are just idiots, imagine wanting change, the nerve of them.

Yes, yes, of course, there has to be a bad reason for the result, that has to be the only logical answer for the result.

Nothing to do with having their cultures stripped away from them and other's culture's forced upon them, or unable to walk the streets in safety but make a wrong turn in your car and a policeman jumps on you, the crime rate, the drugs, constantly at war at massive expense while education and health services are crap and lets not mention manufacturing and jobs ...

Yeah, people are just idiots, imagine wanting change, the nerve of them.

...and the Donald is going to fix all this.... how? Short answer is, he's not. Any idiot SHOULD be able to work that out.

I Wonder if the result wasn't truly a win for Democracy. Perhaps this was the first election the Yanks have had since FDR where a candidate wasn't beholden to the Military-Financial Complex. Maybe this candidate was able to ignite the fires of indignation within the hearts of the Silent Majority so that they got over their voting lethargy and made it to the voting booths.

I'm prepared to wait until the dust settles to see how much free rein the Senate and House of Representatives gives him. It was unfortunate that the reporting homed in on the mud slinging, and left a disussion of either candidate's policies out of the coverage.

One never knows, there maybe one or two gold nuggets amongst the mullock.

Old Man Emu

Personally, I don't think most people are inherently stupid. In any election, most of us know we are either being lied to, or promises are being made that can't be honoured. But a lot of people figure that if they vote for the status quo, that's exactly what they'll get. So even if they know the alternative has no better answers, a lot are prepared to give it a punt. If they do, possibly nothing will change, but if they vote for the incumbents, definitely nothing will change.

It's a sad state of affairs, but these days, the only incentive for politicians to do well, is the fear of getting the boot.

Maybe it's always been like that.

Nothing to do with having their cultures stripped away from them and other's culture's forced upon them

How is that?

.... unable to walk the streets in safety

Not changed significantly since I was first there in 1988.

but make a wrong turn in your car and a policeman jumps on you

Not changed significantly since I was there in 1988.

...the crime rate,

Steadily reducing since the 1990s and still doing so. (Source:FBI data 2015)

...the drugs

Cocaine, hallucinogens and prescription drug use has dropped slightly or been static over a decade. Marijuana use has risen by 1% in a decade. (Source: National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Drug Abuse)

....constantly at war at massive expense while education and health services are crap

Almost entirely driven by conservative US Governments. For education and health services, most Republicans I've met (which is many) actually honestly believe their healthcare and education are quite obviously the best in the world, even though most of them don't even have passports. And now they have a Republican President.