Republican win

Yenn

Now that Donald trump has got just about all the supporters fed up with him I predict that the Republicans will win the Presidential election in a landslide.

Given the US propensity for gun violence all it needs is for someone to knock Donald off and the republicans will have a brand new candidate and no time for Hillary to demolish him.

Given that GW Bush got elected twice it needs someone with an IQ of above 5 and the republicans will be home and hosed.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see Trump win, purely to see the Internet implode spacer.png

With a population in excess of 320 million, I'm shocked that Trump and Clinton are the candidates considered best for presidency. I mean it is like having the choice of either your fingernails or toenails being pulled out spacer.png

In reality a Trump win would be really, really bad for the UK, Australia, and most of the rest of the world.

His adulation of Putin would have major strategic consequences for Europe (including the UK) and his isolationism and protectionism would severely hurt our economies.

I've heard other people say "It's America's problem, if they're silly enough to elect him they deserve him".

While this may be true in most countries, you're talking about a superpower here both military and economically, and that affects the entire world.

With a population in excess of 320 million, I'm shocked that Trump and Clinton are the candidates considered best for presidency. I mean it is like having the choice of either your fingernails or toenails being pulled out spacer.png

Bleedin 'Eck Spooky. . .I thought you'd been bugsmashed by that twat who flies the PA28 at Popham. . . . Glad to see you have not . . . ! ! ! ! !

If it was me, . . .and the bloke was that bad,. . I'd consider filling his cockpit with turps and unwrapping a large catherine wheel as a fuse, lighting the blue touch paper, .. .then doing a quick bunk. . .Problem solved, AND you might save someone's life in the future if the 'So Called' Pilot. . . is as utterly crap as you tell me he is. . . . . . .( I WON'T grass you up mate, I Promise ! ! ! "Spooks?. . .Nah mate,. . .never heard of him. . . . . . )

• 2 weeks later...

It's allright for the rest of the world Spooky,. . . but when I heard today that the bookies have got trumpy down at odds of 3:1,. . . . I started searching for that jokey betting slip from 13 months ago, when he was 100:1 and I chucked a fiver in for a giggle . . .

Wifey says she doesn't know what she's done with it, probably chucked it in the bin. . . Since it was together with the Hillary slip as well, @ 7:4, I think,. . .that means I won't win anything EITHER WAY !. . . .

Just my luck. . . . I could have had a darn good night out on trump with £500.00. . . . would obviously have had to spend it quickly though, before vlad's forces took over, as they no doubt will, being donald's mates. . . .and then the rest of the world imploding into armageddonish chaos. . .

At least Marty will forgive me. . . . . ( ? ) Oh come on Marty,. . .I only did it as a joke, if the bookies hadn't had a poster in there, It would never have crossed my mind. . . .I don't usually bet on political stuff. . .not even the referendum. . . . Oh well, at least I won a £120 double on the gee gees that day. . . .

I dunno about the internet exploding, but the UK Media certainly will,. . . .they've been full on anti-trump for months now, on every single platform. . . . strange when you consider that we Poms can't vote in an American presidential election ? ? Very odd. . . .

BTW . . .Have you moved oop Narth yet mate ?

I'm not saying Trump supporters are dumb, (well yes I am) but let's face it, they can't even rhyme.

If they'd ever read a book without pictures in it they'd yell "Pillory Hillary!" instead of "Lock her up!"

There's a reason most of the world's press, with the possible exception of Pravda, is anti-Trump. Hillary's sins both real and imagined pale into absolute insignificance when compared with the billionaire who pays no tax.

Phil old son, I wish you absolute success in most things, but I really really really hope you don't win that £500!!

Friend of a friend the other day who is very pro-Trump stated that Hillary supported murdering babies after they were born. I asked him to provide a reference for any occasion where she'd ever said that.

Silence.

This is what the debate has come down to - people just making crap up because they hate her. Literally anything they want. I don't like her much (and Trump substantially less), but at least I don't make random crap up about either of them.

Friend of a friend the other day who is very pro-Trump stated that Hillary supported murdering babies after they were born. I asked him to provide a reference for any occasion where she'd ever said that.

Silence.

This is what the debate has come down to - people just making sh*t up because they hate her. Literally anything they want. I don't like her much (and Trump substantially less), but at least I don't make random crap up about either of them.

It's now descended from the sublime to the utterly ridiculous. I gave up even looking at any 'Soshul Meeja' coverage of the UBER-hysterical mudslinging some time ago. . .preferring some good books instead. . .

I'm not saying Trump supporters are dumb, (well yes I am) but let's face it, they can't even rhyme.  

If they'd ever read a book without pictures in it they'd yell "Pillory Hillary!" instead of "Lock her up!"

There's a reason most of the world's press, with the possible exception of Pravda, is anti-Trump. Hillary's sins both real and imagined pale into absolute insignificance when compared with the billionaire who pays no tax.

Phil old son, I wish you absolute success in most things, but I really really really hope you don't win that £500!!

No chance now I've lost the slip ! ! !

My old mate Chalkie down at the Rag pub occasionally gives me tips on the 'orses. . . not very often, but when he does, he is always right. . .weird that. He picked the winner of the Grand National this year and last, . . .how anyone could do that is beyond me when so many horses fall at the fences. . . this year, I was away and forgot what he'd told me ! Never mind. . .gambling for me is a bit of a giggle. I know people who put their entire weeks wages into slot machines. . .this is very sad. Old Chalkie ( 94 ) hasn't got a TV, says he can't justify the licence fee on his pension, but he DOES study the form on horse racing and being an ex-trainer, knows the beasts too.

The last nine wins I've had, thanks to him, were odd races spread all over the UK and Eire. . . Not a bad hobby. He paid for a nice week in Portugal last year for Me and Mrs P.

The reason I bring this up, is that when I asked his opinion on the US election and did he have a 'Tip' . . .I was surprised to learn that he knew absolutely nothing about it, nor the names of the combatants. He plays dominoes in the pub league, plays Crib and reads the form. that's it. He was a mid-upper gunner on Lancs in ww2, but doesn't like to talk about it much.

I have offered to take him for a fly around the local area, his response was a definite. . ." FLYING ? ? ? ? ? . . . Never again Son. . .Bloody terrifying. . . ."

Hahaha Trumps 'war' is to make lefties heads explode all over the planet... spacer.png

I know and work with a significant number of conservative-voting people.

So far I have known two (2) who like Trump (both of whom are twits in more ways than one), the remainder generally despising pretty much everything about him.

However if a demonstrated misogynistic womanising so and so who pays no income tax and has spent his entire life becoming rich using other people's money and repeatedly narrowly avoiding bankruptcy symbolises all of your ideals - everything you look for and admire in a person - that's fine by me!

I love it, I love it spacer.png

I don't like President Trump as a person and wouldn't vote for him but this is totally worth it all..... oh my sides spacer.png Only thing better will be the day when Hillary and Huma enter the slammer.

One theory is that Trump or someone close to him implied a full review of Comey and the FBI investigation after the election and in the past month when it became clear Hillary was not getting ahead (well before the media admitted it) Comey was forced to do something in an effort to preserve his hide. Either way I reckon Weiner is a dead man walking, he will go the Vince Foster way once the dust settles.

Following on from my comment to Dutch re Trump; where I said I had avoided Social media sites, being fed up of the constant USA election crap. . . . Big Daughter sent me this, asking if any of my Internet 'Friends' were responsible for it !

NOW COME ON, FESS UP . . .which one of you ne'er do wells posted it then ? ? ? ?

[ATTACH]48021._xfImport[/ATTACH]

1747089578_AUSSIESFORTRUMP.thumb.jpg.292d84a3c40c2a21526a9ae2e4a8cee1.jpg

Lol.

"I don't like Trump as a person, but I hate others so much I'd love to inflict him on them and the rest of the world!"

What a lovely sentiment!

One good thing about Trump is that he's seriously conflicting the religious nuts. While they can't stand his sinful ways, he's promised to stack the Supreme Court with conservative judges, and it's all about anti-abortion to the evangelicals.

So the ones who actually have principles (or brains) won't vote for him, and the others sell out their principles for the chance at conservative judges.

Hypocrisy in the heartland!

I think people sometimes miss the point.

All the anti-Trump sentiment is very similar to the anti-Hansen/One Nation attitude in this country. People spend a lot of energy knocking these people. But the real problem is that they gain popularity because the established political incumbents have badly failed people.

If you waste time knocking people like Trump, you are avoiding the real issue. He wouldn't have got this far if people weren't thoroughly p*ssed off with the people you say are a better alternative. If you're offered a choice of two turd sandwiches, why should you have to put up with selecting the one which is a lighter shade of brown.

Hey people, this is AUSTRALIA, Not the Useless of A. Trump and Clinton are Yanks, not Australians. Just to mention it as some people cant seem to get their heads around that. Who the heck cares about the USA elections, we should be addressing our own problems here at home.

Hey people, this is AUSTRALIA, Not the Useless of A. Trump and Clinton are Yanks, not Australians. Just to mention it as some people cant seem to get their heads around that. Who the heck cares about the USA elections, we should be addressing our own problems here at home.

Well, some Australians are interested because U.S. Foreign Policy determines whether or not Australian Defence Force personnel die overseas participating in their adventures.

Only if our Govt agrees, no matter who is in power in the states, we will follow like little sheep so, again, the Yank leaders do not matter, its our leaders that do... They changed leaders and parties in the states during Vietnam but we still died. Policy is not made by the president, its made by the house of reps.

we will follow like little sheep .

And therein lies the reality. None of our leaders have the courage to make a difference.

The only difference is that one U.S. President may go to war and the other might not.

But as you say, we will follow like little sheep, so who's running the U.S. will ultimately have a big influence on Australia's overseas military involvement.

Well...

a) I have direct family (including my sister, niece and nephew, and my uncle and his family which include quite a number of first cousins) who live in the USA, are US citizens, and vote there.

b) Both my sister and niece have previously been shafted by the US health insurance system - one of the most appalling health insurance/healthcare systems in the modern western world. Although they (just) have their heads above water there now, some years ago it cost my family in Australia a lot of money (in the many thousands of dollars) to help them. What happened to them in the USA would not have happened in any other western country.

c) With the USA being one of the most powerful economies in the world, what happens there economically can often be directly relevant to what happens here. The entire Global Financial Crisis which actually sent some Australian companies into bankruptcy was triggered by the US sub-prime mortgage crisis and bank bailout. So it matters whether anyone likes it or not.

d) US trade and defence policies directly affect Australia in various ways. Trump will be particularly destructive if he carries through with his threat to slap 40% trade tariffs onto China and start a trade war. We will be collateral damage in that, so I feel I'm entitled to have say about it!

I think people sometimes miss the point.

All the anti-Trump sentiment is very similar to the anti-Hansen/One Nation attitude in this country. People spend a lot of energy knocking these people. But the real problem is that they gain popularity because the established political incumbents have badly failed people.

Is it? I can understand that people feel left out when change happens. Every time there's change, some people lose out. Whalers. Craftsmen. Timber workers. Journalists. Next it'll be coal workers. With advances in AI and robotics, pretty much no industry is safe. How much of that is down to the government of the day? Can an obnoxious fruitcake alternative do any better, or will they just make it worse?

If you waste time knocking people like Trump, you are avoiding the real issue. He wouldn't have got this far if people weren't thoroughly p*ssed off with the people you say are a better alternative. If you're offered a choice of two turd sandwiches, why should you have to put up with selecting the one which is a lighter shade of brown.

No, knocking people like Trump, Hanson and One Nation is not a waste of time. They're not an alternative at all. They offer nothing positive, only divisive and toxic rhetoric. If you're going to use the turd sandwich metaphor, they don't even have the bread.