Ice Cream

winsor68

• 5 years later...

Just look at modern farming methods. they will put you off food. It is not the fault of the farmer, but the big business that is screwing him. Dairy farmers are getting out. I got out in the sixties. How can you run a farming busines, when you sell your product and get paid, then the processor wants his money back. You would think that the producer could say "Get lost" but how can he then sell what he produces today.

One buyer in the area and you cannot sell to anyone else.

Beef cattle are now finished in feed lots. Have you seen them, or worse smelt them?

Feed lots.

I've been 7500 feet above one, soaring in a thermal that resulted from the feedlot. The stink was almost unbearable. I refuse to buy meat if I know it came from a feedlot. All three in the area smell the same so I'm guessing they all are like that.

Bit of trivia: what's in ice cream?

When I went back to fibreglassing after a 25 year gap, I ordered bags of filler, but made enquiries to make sure it wasn't the asbestos flock they used to send. I was assured the fine white powder is food grade silicon, as used in ice cream.

Bit of trivia: what's in ice cream?When I went back to fibreglassing after a 25 year gap, I ordered bags of filler, but made enquiries to make sure it wasn't the asbestos flock they used to send. I was assured the fine white powder is food grade silicon, as used in ice cream.

I don't believe traditional ice cream is supposed to have silicone in it.

We make our own occasionally - cream, eggs, honey and vanilla - that's it!