New Year Resolutions

Robbo

So what is everyones new years resolutions?

Mine is to do a digital detox and take things easy.

Oh and I say every year but spend more time in the gym.

Hmmm my new years resolution should be not to make one as I always break them.

Funny how one thing leads to another. I visit the link posted by Robbo, then spent an hour reading up on half a dozen psychology topics. Was relieved to discover a digital detox does not involve rubber gloves or anybody's digits. Thanks to the Great Magnet for the cool change, been awful here in Adelaide.

I havn't got enough kilo to want to lose any, maybe brain cells are what I will lose.

Seriously I never have a new years resolution. If I need a resolution I will do it at any time of the year. No resolution and you always feel good.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm... also in the same gallery...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/howaboutthat/11051388/Ambitious-Chinese-inventors-take-on-crazy-do-it-yourself-projects-in-pictures.html?frame=3015759

Not sure how a Zenith CH-701 (or could be an 801, if the "seats 4 people" is correct) with a perfectly standard Rotax setup falls into the "Crazy DIY inventions" category.

spend more, eat more, drink more.....forgot...fly more. In a nut shell...........do anything, but MORE of it.

If you love your tucker etc, and weight is gaining...........why pain yourself and eat shyte, jog everyday, ride a bicycle in lycra..........it's all pain. Lifes short, eat drink yourself to death, lovin every minute of it.

well done, that's what I need to do. Is there any particular trick that's worked for you?

Jenny Craig is working for me. I don't spend any more with that than I would on regular food, and I haven't given up on the red wine, so progress is slow but that's how I want it.

I go for a walk in the mornings. Once you're into the habit it's quite good. Stick my earbuds in and listen to some marching music, but not too loud. I mapped out a path (clear of the Visigoths and Vandals) and it's about 3 ks which I aim to cover in 30 mins. It has done a great job on the legs with respect to aching feet etc. And, I get to nick lemons etc. hanging over peoples fences! As for food, I'll eat anything and everything. I want to try grasshoppers with rice this year. I might try lifting some weights as the port bottle isn't heavy enough.

I go for a walk in the mornings...I'll eat anything and everything. I want to try grasshoppers with rice this year. I might try lifting some weights as the port bottle isn't heavy enough.

Hey I can relate to this. I also do some walking and amateur powerlifting and have eaten grasshoppers (crickets actually). Dunno about with rice though, had mine with a side of silkworms (they are nicer IMO). spacer.png

My New Year Resolution is to get an instrument rating, and as much as it frightens me I want to get some basic aerobatic training. The latter more so doing spin recovery and some slightly more advanced unusual attitude recovery.

And whilst everyone is on the weight topic, I would love to do that too. I need an operation on my knee and spine due to a pretty bad trail bike accident a few years ago, but I know the recovery time is going to see me sidelined from flying for a while. Not keen for the couch so I will suck up the pain for now. The end result of that is exercise is virtually impossible (including walking). So in lieu of exercise, I guess I am going to have to cut back on the vino and food, so sad. Life was so much easier and pleasant when I was super active, I used to go do a 10km (running) race on a Sat morning, go sailing then retire to the pub for the evening.

Ultimate goal, do some time in gliders, but probably wont happen till I get those operations done... Maybe I should just bite the bullet and suck up that time on the couch...