New Year Resolutions

Robbo

All the best with your recovery and NY resolutions Pearo! And everyone else on here, God bless you all, even the God-haters. spacer.png

Pearo you would most likely be inspired this talk by Brian Jones who has largely self-recovered from a massive injury where he wasn't supposed to be walking again. Even just watch the fist few minutes - and you'll want to see it all:

All the best with your recovery and NY resolutions Pearo! And everyone else on here, God bless you all, even the God-haters. spacer.png

Pearo you would most likely be inspired this talk by Brian Jones who has largely self-recovered from a massive injury where he wasn't supposed to be walking again. Even just watch the fist few minutes - and you'll want to see it all:

Thanks for wishes as a non believer, not a god hater ( you cant hate something that does not exist!)

I am sure Brian Jones is an inspiration to many, but my injuries were not that bad. For me its a matter of prioritising getting fixed by doctors and spending some time on the sidelines or going flying. I am enjoying flying to much at the moment, so the others stuff can wait for now. I can walk, not far, but I can make the pub (500m) and back so life is good!

Thanks for wishes as a non believer, not a god hater ( you cant hate something that does not exist!)

I am sure Brian Jones is an inspiration to many, but my injuries were not that bad. For me its a matter of prioritising getting fixed by doctors and spending some time on the sidelines or going flying. I am enjoying flying to much at the moment, so the others stuff can wait for now. I can walk, not far, but I can make the pub (500m) and back so life is good!

Dr Matthew Scott-Young at alamander private hospital (southport.) is well worth the time to go and see for any spine related problems. I had my L5,S1 disc replaced a few years ago and I went from being crippled with pain (I could hobble around for a couple of hours of a morning but as soon as I sat down I was cactus, I had to crawl through the house and into bed I wasn't real good at all.) to back mustering on the motorbike in two weeks! Don't ever let anyone fuse any part of your spine until you have chased up the option of replacing vertebrae or discs with him (he used to be the only one doing it but that was probably around eight years ago now).

Anyway I don't earn anything by recommending him and no doubt we all think we know the best docs, but I just know how much he helped me and recommend him whenever I can. All the other docs I saw told me I would be off work for months and had no guarantee of ridding me of the pain but he was very positive that I would be back working in two weeks with no restrictions after 6 weeks.

Dr Matthew Scott-Young at alamander private hospital (southport.) is well worth the time to go and see for any spine related problems. I had my L5,S1 disc replaced a few years ago and I went from being crippled with pain (I could hobble around for a couple of hours of a morning but as soon as I sat down I was cactus, I had to crawl through the house and into bed I wasn't real good at all.) to back mustering on the motorbike in two weeks! Don't ever let anyone fuse any part of your spine until you have chased up the option of replacing vertebrae or discs with him (he used to be the only one doing it but that was probably around eight years ago now).

Anyway I don't earn anything by recommending him and no doubt we all think we know the best docs, but I just know how much he helped me and recommend him whenever I can. All the other docs I saw told me I would be off work for months and had no guarantee of ridding me of the pain but he was very positive that I would be back working in two weeks with no restrictions after 6 weeks.

Noted. My issue is cervical spine, so that's the work of a neurosurgeon apparently. Definitely interested in others opinions on this subject though, as the thought of getting surgery on spine does not really appeal to me that much. Thankfully is covered by my insurance, so I can choose where I go.

Yeah, that (when I had my op) is one of the only times I've not regretted paying my hcf membership. Private health cover is getting more and more expensive but after seeing some big bills payed and realising that without it I would be in deep trouble I still pay it without too much grudging.