An Addition to the "Woke" Vocabulary

old man emu

I reckon the name matters depending on who built the thing. So "Sydney" should stay the same since it is a whitefeller thing. Uluru was different and older than this so it is ok to change it to a blackfeller name.

The difference becomes harder for me when it comes to lake Eyre. Eyre was a brave explorer and I have no idea about the abo names or what they signify.But, on balance, I will live with the change. I won't agree with changing the Stuart Highway though.

I thought that the abo lot lost the plot when they wanted an undersea pipeline cancelled " because it might destroy the sleep of the Rainbow Serpent"...WTF???

• Agree 3

You should see some of the videos on Paranormal Caught on Camera (Fox 8). 

One guy had so many unexplained things happeninng, he installed a CCTV in his kitchen. Chairs 'fell' over, drawers pulled out and fell on the floor, glasses falling off shelves but no-one visible. The worst was when a potholder was pulled off a hook onto the bench, the gas stove automatically ignited, the potholder pulled over the flame and caught fire, but the smoke alarms didn't go off. Again, all looking like it happened autonpmously. Other CCTV at schools, where chairs were moved around, student lockers opened and contents pulled out on the floor.

All very spooky. 

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

2 hours ago, red750 said:

When you see the videos and 'expert' opinions.

Have a look at the 2 videos I posted in the drone thread. 

I watched the first one utterly amazed at the robot.  Only to find how they made it in the second.

If there's a choice between something seemingly impossible caught on camera, and someone doing some clever editing, you can put money on it being the second.

• Like 2

We had ' African ' statues . that moved to the edge of the shelve, on which they were placed  ' nightly ' , ony to be replaced every morning. 

But

with 300 tremors a year in England .

Anything is possible! .

spacesailor

• 1 month later...

I agree with Nev here. The guy sure missed out on a hundred grand, which was a prize offered once by dick smith for a genuine "paranormal" activity.

Personally, I was shocked by 2 things, firstly the poor quality of the non-entrants ( there were no real entrants because dick smith had engaged a magician guy to debunk the events) and, secondly, I was shocked at how the viewing public got angry at dick for spoiling an illusion they enjoyed.

• Like 1