Democracy vs dictatorship

Bruce Tuncks

2 hours ago, onetrack said:

Litespeed, I reckon if you got all the worlds power, you'd make a horrible dictator - ruthless, power-crazy, and unforgiving!! :classic_biggrin:

How dare you say such things, I am just a long haired Chihuahua and know how to control myself in any situation.

I can even show proof...

IMG_20231202_192607_03.jpg

I can even admit when I take on a job to big, it was all cool till I needed a ladder.

Edited by Litespeed
  • Haha 4

Sadly, Liz Cheney is an outlier for her genetics. She missed the greedy psychopathic drive of her father and got the intelligence and compassion of the postman.

The Trump's are a great example of  inbreeding causing collapse of genetic viability.  If he was a Roman Emperor, Donald would be Caligula.

The Murdoch's are similar but the old man is Dark lord Palpatine from Starwars.

Both are evil in intent.

Only one is Batshit crazy.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

Oh.. I dunno.. The Trump kids don't seem to have dropped very far from the tree; and Lachlan Murdoch much the same. I think I know more people, including myself that have not fallen too far from mthe tree. Hopefully we know enough of our parents problems to rectify ours..

To see our parents problems and history for that matter requires insight, perspective and the ability to see others with respect and understanding of circumstances.

The Trump's and Murdoch's have this only as a regressive gene and has never been expressed.

The ego gene however is even stronger than the delusional gene, both inversely proportional to the emotional intelligence and empathy genes. 

And that's before we talk about the home environment, another rocket powered ego expander. 

The day the Fake carrot top wears orange prison clothes will be a great day. Sadly nutjob Trumpists will try and break him out.

• Agree 1
  • Sad 1

POWER CORRUPTS but Trump was deliberately Created by his Father to be someone  SPECIAL, who is NEVER wrong.  READ his Neice's,( Mary Trump.s) book

" Too Much and Never Enough. How My Family Created the World's Most Dangerous Man" she's a trained Psychologist and It's an easy read. Nev

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

I reckon "flawed democracy" is a good description of the US. They too would be given a good kick up the bum if they had to apply to join a " democratic" group of nations and were only given partial membership till they improved.

I wonder if the pure dictatorships would still bother with things like sham elections?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, facthunter said:

Unfortunately The USA is NOT a democracy anymore and the society is deeply divided on purpose.. It will most likely end Badly.   Nev

I am going to play devil's advocate on this one.

The US suffered its worst attack on democracy in 2024; and while it took a battering, it stood firm. The Georgia Governor, a Republican, resisted severe pressure to attempt to overturn the election. Many Republican nominee judges threw out the false election lawsuits. The fake electors are in gaol, awaiting sentence, or are being tried.  Many of Trump's accomplices also are in the same boat, with some high profile ones agreeing to cooperate with prosecutors to record convictions, but testify against Trump.

Yet, despite all the truths coming out of the woodwork, the polls say the majority of Americans want Trump back (at least against Biden). Many are moderates and don't want everyting he represents, but want enough to turn a blind eye. They have heard him say he will seek revenge; they have heard him say he will become a dictator (only on day 1). They have seen him in action. So, if they vote him in, then that is democracy, is it not?

It probably stops being democracy soon after as, when the yanks finally wake up and smell the roses, they will not be able to vote him and his machine out.

Edited by Jerry_Atrick
  • Informative 1
  • Sad 1