red750 Posted Thursday at 11:43 PM Posted Thursday at 11:43 PM I see the surgeon this afternoon to check on the incision. I have slept sitting up in an armchair for the past 5 nights to aviod rolling over onto it. I see the Cochlear care centre on 5/10 when I expect to get the external sound processor. Then 5 consultations to help train the brain to the new sounds. They are different to what your ear hears, but they say it is a great improvement. I have no hearing at all in my left ear. 1 2
old man emu Posted Saturday at 06:41 AM Posted Saturday at 06:41 AM Why is it that the number of slices in a standard loaf of bread is uneven? If one uses two slices to make a sandwich, and the end crusts are whole, one ends up with a single slice left over when all the pairs of slices have been used.
Marty_d Posted Saturday at 07:19 AM Posted Saturday at 07:19 AM 31 minutes ago, old man emu said: Why is it that the number of slices in a standard loaf of bread is uneven? If one uses two slices to make a sandwich, and the end crusts are whole, one ends up with a single slice left over when all the pairs of slices have been used. Depends on the brand of bread, the loaf length, the slice width etc. For supermarket bread, loaves would be funneled into a multi-blade slicer. Bakery bread is usually hand-fed into the slicer so it's a bit variable whether the end crusts will be the same width as the others. You could always have a bonus slice once a loaf, or give it to the chooks.
Jerry_Atrick Posted Saturday at 07:21 AM Posted Saturday at 07:21 AM There was a quote from some business man (ahh the powers of AI: Jeremiah Colman.. founder of Colman's mustard that says (and I will quote AI): "I did not make my fortune from the mustard that people ate, but from the mustard they left on the side of their plates.". AI apparently found it on Redditt.
old man emu Posted Saturday at 09:51 AM Posted Saturday at 09:51 AM 2 hours ago, Jerry_Atrick said: I will quote AI I don't need to quote a AI source. I have seen that quoted in a documentary about Colman's business, but then again, that documetary was on Youtube.
Marty_d Posted Saturday at 11:30 AM Posted Saturday at 11:30 AM Quote from a novel I just read. "Wisdom may simply be the reduction in the amount of time it takes you to realise you know nothing." 1
red750 Posted Sunday at 02:07 AM Posted Sunday at 02:07 AM 19 hours ago, old man emu said: Why is it that the number of slices in a standard loaf of bread is uneven? The extra slice is so you can have a single slice of toast with jam or Vegemite. 1
willedoo Posted Sunday at 07:06 AM Posted Sunday at 07:06 AM Half time at the NRL semi final and the channel 9 ad came on spruiking what they have in store for the 6pm news. Can't wait, a big breaking news story on moths invading Aussie homes. They're going to give the full details on what's behind the plague. Riveting stuff, not to be missed. I wonder what they have in store for us tomorrow. Ants or flies perhaps. A three to four year university degree in journalism to get a scoop on moths. 1
Jerry_Atrick Posted Sunday at 04:37 PM Posted Sunday at 04:37 PM One of the many flaws in my character is that the long term partners I have managed to attract have all had phobias of flying and.. moths.. 2 of the three still live on the East Coast of Australia. Those moths are doomed. 1
old man emu Posted 5 hours ago Posted 5 hours ago Back in the early days of the Internet, we relied on dial-up modems and bulletin boards? Do you remember which search engine you used? I can recall one called Ask Jeeves. Founded in 1996 by Garrett Gruener and David Warthen in Berkeley, California, the service became one of the earliest prominent search engines on the World Wide Web during the late 1990s and early 2000s. The "Jeeves" branding was discontinued in 2006 and relaunched as Ask.com, focusing more directly on competing with major search engines such as Google, Yahoo! Search, and MSN Search. Ask.com was shut down on May 1, 2026, ending nearly three decades of operation. 2
nomadpete Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago (edited) In Ulladulla local gardening comp, first prize in 'Tomato' category, went to a bemused 83 y.o. bloke. Nothing dull about it. Not sure if the lady in the pic is one of the judges, but she seems to be enjoying a relaxing drag on her smoke! Edited 1 hour ago by nomadpete
facthunter Posted 46 minutes ago Posted 46 minutes ago An old Streaker got the Prize for the Best Dried Arrangement. Smoking is a dying habit. Nev 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now