Poor David Cameron, not getting good press at the moment.

Phil Perry

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abbot is very competent and balanced and runs the Party well. We couldn't reasonably hope for better, and they are genuinely trying to fix an economy that was worse than Greece and have made excellent progress and should have little trouble getting re elected to continue the good work. Coal is good for humanity. Murdoch papers are factual and balanced and a reliable source of information , and Tony is a fervent supporter of the ABC and the other drain on the public purse.Nev

Yes he is not very likable and will probably suffer the same fate as Campbell Newman for attempting to right the economic problems that occurred during ALP rule.And can I ask what was your opinion about Kevin Rudd?

Come on Teck, let's stick to the facts. Abbott has always been a head-kicker. His decisions as PM have been based more on his extreme right-wing agenda than on sound economic management. He has done tremendous harm to our economy, our environment and our international relations.

The LNP excuse that they have been repairing damage done by Labor has grown a little thin. We could just as easily argue that Labor governments have had to spend up large to repair the damage done by the conservative governments they've replaced. By most measurements the Abbott government has been inept compared to those of Rudd and Gillard. The longer he remains in power the better they look.

Although the question was not directed at me, I'll venture an opinion of Kevin Rudd.

His faults are well-known (thanks to the ABC) so let's concentrate on his strengths.

Smart, very hard-working, possessed of vision and foresight. An excellent speaker; I was very impressed from the first time I heard him interviewed but, like most politicians, from when he was in the hot seat there was a noticeable caution in the way he spoke.

Unlike many PMs he made us proud. That is leadership. Both he and Gillard will be remembered far more fondly than the current PM.

teck air googlealan jones fined or alan jones london arrest spacer.png

perpetually massaging the truth to keep people like you listening to his rubbish

https://theconversation.com/a-very-naughty-parrot-acma-sends-alan-jones-back-to-school-10212

I have experienced how Shock Jocks use the 7-second delay to manage callers. Ask a difficult question and your line might suddenly drop out.

Yes he is not very likable and will probably suffer the same fate as Campbell Newman for attempting to right the economic problems that occurred during ALP rule.And can I ask what was your opinion about Kevin Rudd?

Narcissistic and nasty little man.

TA could get budget-tightening stuff though the Senate if he made it remotely reasonable, but he decided he was going to try to bulldoze some fairly savage (and some fairly stupid) legislation through and it backfired. Now he seems to have given up, apparently believing that the "all or nothing" approach is the only way to do business.

You watch this space and observe what the next Federal budget deficit is!

Now who is making up facts?

Ok....sorry. It is factually incorrect that Abbott's decision to award Prince Phillip a knighthood was idiotic. It was actually a great, well considered "Captain's Call". If there was ever a way we could demonstrate the extraordinary value of knighthoods, it would be to award one to Prince Phillip.

It is factually incorrect that Abbott's statement (recorded on camera) that he feels threatened by gays and lesbians was idiotic. To feel threatened by gays and lesbians is perfectly reasonable. I mean, with his dashing looks, I'm sure the gays out there are rushing to convert him. And as we know. they never try to hitch up with another gay person. They always try to convert a heterosexual.

It is factually incorrect that his statement that "what the housewives of Australia need to understand as they do the ironing" was that their power bills would go up was idiotic. In fact, my professional working wife really appreciated it and thought he offered incredible insight into the day to day lives of Australian women. She was really complimentary - so much so that I haven't heard her utter descriptive words like that for years!

It is factually incorrect that TA's statement on Q&A that "Jesus knew there was a place for everything, and it is not necessarily everyone's place to come to Australia" was the most idiotic invocation of religion into immigration policy I have ever heard in my life. Actually, it made perfect sense, and I really think he should always invoke the view of Jesus whenever Government policy is discussed.

Should I go on? I have more. Lots more.

Oh.....my.....god.

The only person who needs to be locked in a padded cell more than Cory Bernadi is David Leyonhjelm! I mean, just for the safety of the general population!

We need peope like David to prevent Australia turning into a dictatorship.

How exactly is a constitutional monarchy with two democratically elected houses of parliament and elections held every 3 years for the lower house going to turn into a dictatorship?

I'm intrigued.......

Abbott makes rule changes and decisions without consulting his own party. That makes him a dictator in my eyes. As a example, the temporary banning of the Adler lever action shotgun.

Yeah and the ABC is fair and unbiased.

Don't remember much about the ABC Teck,. . .been too long away, but I guess they might just have seen, over the years, a useful role model in our Lying, agenda - driven, open door immigration supporting, indiginous population suppressing BBC.

I would agree we need independents, Greens and any other homo sapiens that can get into government- "to keep the barstards honest".

It might be a democracy but it is a dominated by the government of the day. If you have a good/benign government then it tends to work well. IF the government is not pure ideology and/or self interest dominated then it works well.

But what we have is a government full of ideologies driving policy. With a born to rule mentality and very little to hold it in check. They undermine any level of government/policy area to suit their own ends and not those of the people. They disregard science, law, ethics and any moral compass at will to get what they or their influential friends want.

They might be only in for 3 years at a time, but the damage they create is very long lasting and for things like mining and the environment permanent. The also ensure that the money and influence flow even when they lose power.

The Mad Monk has many of the traits of a dictator but it is by proxy of his cabinet and influential friends. He has shown himself completely incapable of policy that benefits the people and country over his interest.

He has sent the country to war without consultation of the parliament or even his cabinet.

He changes laws and creates new ones to benefit his political hold on power

He has people held without lawful charges in detention, and removed judicial oversight

He has created laws to jail people who report abuse of those in detention. When other laws actually make it an offence to not report such abuse.

He has politicised the Judiciary and erodes the rule of law. He has politicised the Federal police and security services. As he has done for the Armed forces.

All have been used a playthings of power for him and Government, the separation of powers as a central tenet of our constitution has been undermined by Abbott and his cronies.

We all can see how he changed the operation of parliament with his speaker choice. We know he has a compliant private media and is actively trying to destroy any voices of dissent like the ABC.

He might not have complete power but in general for the period in-between elections- He has power to dictate his will on the levers of government and its people. He has proven he will disregard the law, constitution, courts, parliament and senate- and do what he wishes.

So essentially a dictator in action and intent. He even has nice black uniforms for his Border Force. A new force with special powers and laws to suit his will. Armed and complete with black uniforms. Anything this Black shirt force does is covered by special laws. They and their delegates IE. detention centre staff- which are often ex military contractors can lawfully assault and even kill a person if it is justified in keeping control of a detention centre. A justification of ' to prevent loss of life" is not required. And anything they do is shielded by secrecy- operational matters.

I wish it wasn't so.

We should very worried.

Don't remember much about the ABC Teck,. . .been too long away, but I guess they might just have seen, over the years, a useful role model in our Lying, agenda - driven, open door immigration supporting, indiginous population suppressing BBC.

The BBC is suppressing the Welsh????? An outrage!! Wasting time and money when the Anglo Saxons and Normans are doing such a fantastic without any help.

I just posted off 225 letters to all MP's and senators (about the risks of ISDS provisions in trade agreements) - and one thing that really sh*ts me is putting the "Honourable" in front of their name. The HONOURABLE Bronwyn Bishop??? Really?

I just posted off 225 letters to all MP's and senators (about the risks of ISDS provisions in trade agreements) - and one thing that really sh*ts me is putting the "Honourable" in front of their name. The HONOURABLE Bronwyn Bishop??? Really?

Marty, I agree with your sentiments entirely.

Although it isn't often that something incenses me so much that I HAVE to write to my local MP,. . . . having to place the words "RIGHT HONOURABLE" before Her name, jars with me more than scraping my front teeth down a old school blackboard. The Pommie TOFFS always have to go one better I suppose,. . . when both of the aforementioned words are oxymoronic when applied to 89 percent of the political class in this once great ( small "g" ) country.

Ok....sorry. It is factually incorrect that Abbott's decision to award Prince Phillip a knighthood was idiotic. It was actually a great, well considered "Captain's Call". If there was ever a way we could demonstrate the extraordinary value of knighthoods, it would be to award one to Prince Phillip.

It is factually incorrect that Abbott's statement (recorded on camera) that he feels threatened by gays and lesbians was idiotic. To feel threatened by gays and lesbians is perfectly reasonable. I mean, with his dashing looks, I'm sure the gays out there are rushing to convert him. And as we know. they never try to hitch up with another gay person. They always try to convert a heterosexual.

It is factually incorrect that his statement that "what the housewives of Australia need to understand as they do the ironing" was that their power bills would go up was idiotic. In fact, my professional working wife really appreciated it and thought he offered incredible insight into the day to day lives of Australian women. She was really complimentary - so much so that I haven't heard her utter descriptive words like that for years!

It is factually incorrect that TA's statement on Q&A that "Jesus knew there was a place for everything, and it is not necessarily everyone's place to come to Australia" was the most idiotic invocation of religion into immigration policy I have ever heard in my life. Actually, it made perfect sense, and I really think he should always invoke the view of Jesus whenever Government policy is discussed.

Should I go on? I have more. Lots more.

Don't bother, if you think those issues are a major problem with governing the country then I disagree. So what if he made Prince Phillip a knight and feels threatened by gays that is trivial unimportant crap. I don't like TA myself and have been doing protest votes for years but I think the criticisms on this thread are unfair.

Don't bother, if you think those issues are a major problem with governing the country then I disagree.

He cannot divorce himself from his own mindset.

That he thinks neither clearly nor rationally is of deep concern when talking about someone who is governing the country.

If you want to talk about stupid policy ideas:

GP copayment. A perfect way to drive people into emergency departments for coughs and colds - the exact opposite of what you want to achieve.

Severely scaling back renewable energy development (the exact opposite to what almost every other country in the world is doing) in favour of coal mining ('cos of course wind farms are a blight on the landscape, but the Shenhua open cut mine on 35 sq km of the Liverpool Plains will be a sight of majestic beauty).

I can just keep listing stuff. There's plenty more.

When you've got a national leader who is only held in check by a couple of sane Cabinet Ministers like Turnbull or Bishop, things are getting deeply troubling and yes, that amounts to a problem governing the country.