For a good cause

old man emu

Thanks, Jerry. There is no requirement that you keep the aircraft. You could always trade it for something you prefer.

My vehicle insurer runs competitions with an Indian motorcycle as the prize. If I won, the bike would be sold immediately and I would be off to the USA to buy one of these and do Route 66.

1951 Harley-Davidson Servi Cycle Model G for sale . Motorcycle for sale.

and take plenty of liquid to rehydrate.

harley davidson servicar used – Search for your used motorcycle on the  parking motorcycles

• Informative 1

When I go fishing, I actually go fish feeding. When I take a lottery ticket, I merely contribute to some blighter's good fortune. I would get a sense of satisfaction knowing someone got themselves a bargain of an aeroplane, while contributing to a top cause.

Edited by Jerry_Atrick
  • Like 1

My kid says that if you are going to be that lucky, you will find the winning ticket blowing along in the gutter.

Dunno if this is correct cos none of those who won recently found their tickets like that, but I didn't argue cos buying tickets is a waste of money. If you buy EVERY ticket, you will win for sure but only get back about 1/3 of your money.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

It's legit. Angel Flight is one of the several organisations that use volunteer pilots for these non-urgent medical-related movements. Also this Art Union has been approved of by NSW Gaming and Licensing

NSW Permit No GOCAU/2487. This is the promoter's ABN 94 664 193 346. It's so legit that I'll disclose my identity.

YJL_Ticket_Mark ADAMS.pdf

5 hours ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

I know it's legit - but as the owner of a publication the owner of the forum has to satisfy himself I guess

Fair enough. I just wanted to send you proof that it was on the up and up so you could tell him.

It is a sad indictment on what our society has become that everyone believes that anything coming off the 'Net that requires payment of money is a scam. And yet eCommerce booms.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just a bit of an update from the UK... I popped a post on the UK forum. There are some real killjoys.. I used the click bait of A New Cirrus SR22 for $15 as the title. Well, f! me, the first response was to the words, "no offence, but click bait pisses me off, so I am not buying". Buggah me mad.. who on earth would have thought the title was anything but click bait.. and who would seriously think they could be a brand new Cirrus SR22 for $15 (well, except for a cheap model)? Some people just need to complain, or, whinge!

Anyway, at least two people should have purchased, which is two more than if I hadn't posted, and I am sure a few others would have without having to reply to the forum.

One person pointed out in the Ts & Cs that the draw can be cancelled or the prize can be changed at any time. I get why she did (I think the member is a she), because raffle laws here are so lax, not long before lockdown there were some high profile news stories of raffles for expensive homes were cancelled due to lack of sales, and the entry fees were not refunded as some fine print said in the event of cancellation admin costs of the raffle incured to cancellation could be withdrawn from the entry fee. I have got Your Jet Life to respond, so hopefully more will be on board.

In all honesty, I think it is a great prize and for a max of 500,000 tickets gioves you a much better chance than a similary valued prize for a lottery ticket.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

I popped a post on the UK forum.

Thanks for that. Even if only a few people bought a few tickets each it helps. As my Dad used to say, "Small fish are sweet."

I And what are they bitching about? At the moment 15 AUD = 8.60 GBP.

2 hours ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

but click bait pisses me off, so I am not buying

Geez, I'd better not post on that forum. You know what my thread titles are like!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

YES !.

''One person pointed out in the Ts & Cs that the draw can be cancelled or the prize can be changed at any time. I get why she did (I think the member is a she), ''

They could/Should . change the prize to a different aircraft as it seems there is a BIG problem with the engine . ( Don''t ask me ).  & a few have fallen from the skies .I read ' over 100 deaths ' .

'' Cirrus Aircraft, maker of high-performance single-engine aircraft, has grounded its SR22 and SR22T models after “an issue” was discovered with its Continental Aerospace engines.'' .

'' Duluth-based Cirrus says that it continues to operate all its SR20s, as well as SR22s and SR22Ts manufactured before June 1, 2021 or after February 7, 2023, without restrictions '' .

'' https://www.flightglobal.com/safety/cirrus-grounds-its-own-sr22-and-sr22t-aircraft-due-to-engine-issue/151993.article '' .

BUT

I couldn't find that particular site again , SO probably NOT Cirrus website & not all SR 22/T , Hopefully .

Jabiru . Rotax , VW

spacesailor

Edited by spacesailor
A little more added

From the UK forum I am a member of:

New Cirrus owners have been told that Cirrus has grounded SR22s and SR22Ts under its control, manufactured since June 2021, out of 'an abundance of caution' owing to a Continental engine 'issue' that may become the subject of an SB. Owners of aircraft in this timeframe should take note.

Dear Cirrus Aircraft Owner,

The purpose of this notification is to inform you of a potential upcoming Continental Aerospace Technologies (Continental) Service Bulletin that may include your aircraft.

We have just been informed by Continental of an issue that affects the engines that power both our SR22 and SR22T. While we are still working with Continental to determine the scope of the issue and specific serial number range of affected aircraft, we are proactively making the decision - out of an abundance of caution - to pause all internal Cirrus Aircraft company flight operations on SR22s and SR22Ts manufactured and issued a Certificate of Airworthiness from June 1, 2021, through February 7, 2023.

This pause in Cirrus Aircraft company flight operations affects all SR22 and SR22T aircraft under our control, including aircraft in production, ferry flights, training flights, delivery flights and demonstration flights. In addition, we are pausing new aircraft customer deliveries for SR22s and SR22Ts. We continue to operate – without restriction - all our SR20s, as well as SR22s and SR22Ts with engines that were manufactured prior to June 1, 2021.

Even though we are in the very early stages of working with Continental to gather more information, we wanted to proactively reach out to you now to let you know the decision we have made regarding flight operations for our company-owned and operated aircraft.

We anticipate Continental to issue a Service Bulletin in the near future which will detail the specific range of affected aircraft, root cause of the issue and corrective action. The Continental Service Bulletin will also be accompanied by a Cirrus Aircraft Service Advisory notification. In addition, we are also reaching out to our Authorized Service Center network to inform them of this anticipated Continental Service Bulletin.

Please anticipate receiving additional communications from Cirrus Aircraft on this important topic in the near future.

----
And a response
I understand from Forum sources that the issue is that the propeller falls off.

It sounds like there will be an AD released in the not too distant future, and there will be to be a mod/replacements made. I wonder if the manufacturer will pick up the bill on an in-warranty aircraft?

Too late to edit the above, but from Flyer Magazine's website: https://flyer.co.uk/cirrus-grounds-aircraft-after-engine-problem-revealed/

If I were so lucky as to win the raffle.. then I would be thinking make sure any SB/AD is complied with before taking delivery. What the heck? There's always the chute 😉

Edited by Jerry_Atrick