For a good cause

old man emu

The details of the prize is here: https://yourjetlife.com/prize-tcs/

Note, it covers not only the aircraft, but reasonable first year operating costs, including fuel, and $60K of PPL training.. so is not a bad deal. The max. number of tickets they can sell is 500K.. Which gives them $7.5m revenue; 30% to Angel Flight (OME, I am assuming it is 30% of gross revenue), gives Angel Flight $2.25m; Leaves $5.25m. Say they pay full price for the aircraft and other bits, adding up to around $3.47m. leace Jet Life a gross profit of $1.7m. Obviosuly their costs have to come out, and their Ts &Cs say they want to give Angel Flight more than 30%, so I am guessing there is a max profit clause in there somewhere.

Win-Win.. Angel Flight get the money they need; Jet Life are paid for underwriting the prize and taking the risk; and someone gets a great aircraft for $15 (as the other tickets they buy are donations) and reasonable first year operating costs thrown in, to boot.

Partner said if I win it I should sell it... I was like - yeah after the first year (can't affort to run that beast after that!)..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

Partner said if I win it I should sell it... I was like - yeah after the first year (can't affort to run that beast after that!)..

Exactly. At 180-odd kts cruise speed it's too slick for this dick. Question is how quickly would it sell. 

Spacey, one of my clients is a Cirrus agent at Bankstown. It's probably them who are handling the supply. I'll pop in next Wednesday and see if I can get some interior photos and more info.

• Like 1

It looks like a BENTLEY  Can't call a Bentley, a mere car.

What do you think about the ' steering ' handle ' , can't call it '' Joystick '' , '' Column '' or  '' side-stick '' .

Two screens , one for the ' passengers '? .

AND first trip Bankstown :  YBWU  to Hamilton Island YHTI .  EASY WITH THAT RANGE .

now

who GETS TO RIDE SHARE.LoL

PS

I always thought A '' Demo '' vehicle is used, For our test flight .

spacesailor

• Informative 1

1 hour ago, old man emu said:

If we did that it would be a "used" plane and I know you want to be the first owner to put your bum on the pilot's seat. The "new plane" smell is much richer than the "new car"

Given that new cars and planes involve someone pre-delivery test driving it or flying it before handing over the keys as a new car.. I am sure there is no problem in still calling it new after one or two more hours are put on it 😉

• Informative 1

I've bought new vehicles before that had quite a few "delivery" miles or kms on the clock, from being driven from holding yards to dealerships. That was in the days before drive-on car transporters were common, and it was easier to pay a junior from the dealership to go pick the new car up from the holding yard, and for them to drive it back to the dealership.