Who is it?

red750

28 minutes ago, onetrack said:

I can' figure out who he is, but as a entertainer, he's obviously known for his lifeless performances.

He's been a solo artist for a long time but in the past was front man for an Australian band. His musical career started in Queensland, then the band he was in at the time moved to Victoria. He's lived in your state for a long time. Like a lot of old musos he's down to pubs and small venues. You might not recognise him now but you probably remember when he was young.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, ClintonB said:

Allan Jackson?

No, he's an Australian performer. It's starting to sound like he might have been an under performer going by his lack of recognition here. Australian musician, singer/songwriter, harmonica and guitar player, lives somewhere near onetrack.

Matt Taylor, former front man of the late 60's, early 70's blues band Chain. He started out in the Bay City Union in Brisbane. The band moved to Melbourne and when it broke up, Matt Taylor joined the Wild Cherries for a while then joined Chain. Chain was originally a Perth band before moving to Melbourne and had a lot of lineup changes over the years. It's most recognisable years were when the Matt Taylor/Phil Manning duo were heading the band.

Matt Taylor aside, it's like a big spider web the way some of those musicians moved around from band to band.

I think I might have to pick someone a bit more famous next time. At least he's now famous for being unknown on this forum.

• Informative 1

Ali MacGraw! She turned 84 this year. Her mother was from a family of Hungarian Jews, and her father was abandoned by his parents and put in an orphanage as a young child. He ran away to sea when he was 16.

He was apparently a difficult but brilliant man, possibly "on the spectrum", by the sound of it. Ali says he was also a violent man, and nurtured life-long rage against his parents for abandoning him.

Edited by onetrack
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

22 hours ago, onetrack said:

Yeah, sorry Willie, even though it appears he lived in Balingup, W.A. and now lives in Perth, I don't know him from a bar of soap. Could be because I don't really follow blues music.

They always refer to Matt Taylor as a blues musician, but he doesn't really fit into any category. Rhythm and Blues maybe. He's got one thing going for him - he sings in his natural broad Aussie accent, no wannabe Yank stuff. 

I don't follow a lot of blues music, mainly hill country blues. It's more upbeat, glass half full type of stuff, as opposed to a lot of blues music where the glass is totally empty and your wife has run off with your best mate and taken the dog. Hill country blues originated in southern juke joints for people to party and dance to. It has a couple of styles - Delta Drone and Hypnotic Boogie. A lot of one chord songs. They adhere to the K.I.S.S. principle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juke_joint

• Informative 1