Saigon racetrack....they've gotta be kidding!

red750

Those racing car drivers, for fun, participate in close formation dogfighting comps on the weekend. ..

OME's video reminded me of a couple of weeks I spent in Hyderabad, India. Traffic was even more chaotic... Long story about trying to cross the road as a pedestrian... I still have 3 of my 4 limbs working, apparently.. and lost a lot of weight through a sudden onslaught of a natural laxative.

• Haha 1

That's what you shouldn't do. Best a pillion just sits in the one place unless you really know what to do and lean with the rider who is really trying to go fast. Most novices try to stay more vertical and  THAT can really make things dangerous. Side saddle is quite risky but you often  see 4 or more on a Bike in some of these places. Nev

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, facthunter said:

That's what you shouldn't do. Best a pillion just sits in the one place unless you really know what to do and lean with the rider who is really trying to go fast. Most novices try to stay more vertical and  THAT can really make things dangerous. Side saddle is quite risky but you often  see 4 or more on a Bike in some of these places. Nev

Tell that to the Muslims. Women straddling the seat is not the done thing in Java. I think they think it's indecent. In Malaysia, all the Malay Muslim girls are side saddle, the Chinese and Indians straddle the seat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, onetrack said:

It was pretty common in Vietnam in the 1960's to see the whole family - Dad, Mum and 3 kids - plus a crate of chooks, or several bags of personal possessions - all on a 70cc step-through Honda.

Nine on a bike..

1032075461_nineonabike.thumb.jpe.c3f170284cbaa05e95bc427623b99b25.jpe

• Like 3

2 hours ago, onetrack said:

plus a crate of chooks

I've got an Asian chook story. The first time I went to Bali, we were in a VW country buggy driving down the road when the mate driving hit a chook. I looked around to see the chook, and without a word of a lie, some old girl had grabbed that freshly killed chook off the road while feathers were still floating in mid air. No tucker wasted there.

• Haha 1

On 25/01/2022 at 2:48 PM, facthunter said:

Road kill is fresh and nutritional. Waste NOT , want Not. . Keep your wild pigs though.  Nev

Maybe you are just too discriminating.

True story:-

Driving along the Cape York highway (500k of corrugations) I crested a hill to see long skid marks, an oil trail and a sad almost new, hot lowered red Ford with it's front badly compacted. Fully expired. A couple of First World people stood folornly by. Knowing that there is always an extended family involved, I stopped and offered ONE a lift to town. 

"Nah, we won't be ready for quite a while. The others haven't caught the damn pig yet. Big BBQ tonite. You commin?"

I know it isn't polite to turn down such generosity, but....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Informative 1