Premier Dominic Perrottet

Dax

1 hour ago, facthunter said:

The LIb/Nats don't care about small business ALL of our tax money has been gifted to big business of whom at least a quarter didn't need it and little/ NO effort is made to recover the misplaced Billions.. Paying tax is OPTIONAL for many of the most wealthy.  THEY are in a special Club of privilege and entitlement. Nev

Scomo was one one of the main drivers of the RoboDebts fiasco, which caused enormous trauma to our most vulnerable, and claimed countless lives.

I watched this Prime Minister at a news conference where he was asked if, as with RoboDebts, his government would recover the millions over-allocated by Jobkeeper to wealthy businesses.
His answer, as he turned his back on the assembled media, told us everything we needed to know about who he is governing for: 

“that is the politics of envy!”

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Sad 1

We aren't envious of these 'crooks". We just want them to go to Gaol, as they deserve. Only people who are part of it and reap the benefits, like corruption. You've heard the term "as thick as thieves"? Another clue.. They hate whistleblowers or investigatory Journalists.  Attack the questioner rather than answer the question.. Nev

• Agree 2

Generally we only hear about ICAC investigations into the Tall Poppies. Just take a quick squiz at the sort of things that ICAC has looked at.

https://www.icac.nsw.gov.au/investigations/past-investigations?retain=true&PagingModule=668&Pg=2

It seems that Defraud Government Ltd is a major employer in this State, and probably in every other State and Territory.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, old man emu said:

It seems that Defraud Government Ltd is a major employer in this State, and probably in every other State and Territory.

"Sucking on the government tit" is the holy grail for any business.  

The conservative government line is that private enterprise is leaner, more efficient and better at getting outcomes than the public service.  In reality, private enterprise are out to make profits by doing the minimum work for the maximum payment.  Plus you can abrogate your responsibility in any situation by outsourcing the problem to a private firm, who will do you the same report in 6 months and for millions of dollars that your department could have done in 2 months for bugger all.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I suspect one reason governments outsource to private enterprise is to build up the coffers of the very firms who donate to their party’s election campaigns. The other us to give government ministers plenty of opportunity to weadle their way into the pockets of these same firms, where many end up with overpaid job, post politics.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Winner 1

38 minutes ago, Marty_d said:

Sucking on the government tit" is the holy grail for any business. 

Only to those who contribute to political party coffers, mostly big corporations, they are in the minority and there are millions of small/medium businesses who suffer under governments because they are not a political vested interest. This pandemic is a prime example, big business got billions, small business got a sniff, or sweet FA and many have gone broke or are on their way out. When they have got rid of most small business, the people are in for a shock, already the big food providers are throwing out Aus producers and replacing them with in house imported chemicalised junk foods and commodities.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Perottet has at least distanced himself and disagreed with Gladys who found Pork barrelling an acceptable process in government. But now he is showing his true fundamentalist catholic sentiments. He has a mother with terminal cancer who is in accute pain & would like to die but No as far as he is concerned compassion is all he should give. Assisted dying is not an option al all so he is prepared to sit there wringing his hands while she dies a slow and agonising death. Complete religious nutter IMO.

• Informative 1

Matthew 25: 34 - 40

Then the King will say to those on His right,  I was sick and you looked after Me.’

Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, When did we see You sick (and look after you - OME)

And the King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of Mine, you did for Me.’

It's too bad that Micks don't study the Bible. Perottet might show his mother some mercy.

• Informative 1