Bendigo bank

Bruce Tuncks

i'm not complaining about the results I got but it's totally time consuming and distracting from better things (Almost anything else). . There's nothing more off putting than talking of what you've done with your investments (except talking about golf.) I don't really want to mix with people who just exist to make more money.. I'm not directing at anyone here but someone I know who was never doing anything but chasing a  quid is now quite short of it and may find it hard to cope with that situation.  Some others are miserable bastards who have no real friends, having lived a life where you often expected jobs to be done for free. . . I've had jobs done where I gave double what the person was going to charge me as the Job was magnificent  and his pricing was wrong. He may have thought he could do me a favour but I can sleep at night in this regard . i've never been rich and now never will be but we still get Tatts tickets. Only one ticket wins but you have to be in it to win it.  To tell the truth I'd be embarrassed to be filthy rich. . it's not a new  thing. I've always felt so.  Nev

Edited by facthunter
  • Like 1

I did say I wasn't directing at anyone here and used the word JUST for making money. . You may never have met people like i'm referring to. I don't know. what your experiences are. Ensuring you have some (enough) is basic good sense but the system puts a lot of obstacles in the path of the average poor bugger and supports the already well off. This is happening all around the world. . Nev

• Agree 1

I know the type Nev means... I have a mate in Brisbane, and when we get together, it's all he wants to talk about. He is not a posterior-hole about it, to be honest; he is a good bloke, but it does get boring after a while. I also know of some complete bar stewards in the industry that would sell their children if they thought they could.

I recall early on in my career in London in this greasy cesspit of an industry, I took a break from the office and went for a quick walk. There was some bloke, mobile phone glued to his hear pacing (or stomping) backwards and forward up and down the pavement (footpath). His face and bald head was bright red and he was bellowing down the phone in the middle of Liverpool Street, oblivious to anyone around hims all sorts of profanities laced with some conversation that went something like if he loses that much money on the deal, in graphic detail, what he was going to do to the person at the other end of the telephone conversation... He was totally livid, stomping and thumping in his obviously expensive suit. I have never heard anyone so loud (without electronic assistance) in my life.

I have no idea who he was or what he did, but that end of town is where most of the investment banks and asset management companies are - I would suggest he was a hedge fund manager or something..

Still, came across as a nasty piece of work.

And this industry is full of them!

Edited by Jerry_Atrick
  • Agree 1
  • Sad 1

In a Past life I was a superannuation  fund trustee with about over half a billion in todays figures, to the folio. The people you meet with and the food you eat is remarkable. All they want is the dough you are in control of. It's another world.

Another bloke I know was doing well building lots of houses etc in Sydney  He was about the last person to find out his  "neglected?" wife was having it off with all and sundry.  Divorces get rid of a lot of money. Nev 

• Informative 1

6 minutes ago, facthunter said:

In a Past life I was a superannuation  fund trustee with about over half a billion in todays figures, to the folio. The people you meet with and the food you eat is remarkable. All they want is the dough you are in control of. It's another world.

Another bloke I know was doing well building lots of houses etc in Sydney  He was about the last person to find out his  "neglected?" wife was having it off with all and sundry.  Divorces get rid of a lot of money. Nev 

What was her name again?

• Haha 1

Mrs 'someone or other".  yes I do know but I'm discreet and if you're thinking I did I certainly didn't. There's plenty of that going on. When the cat's away the mice play. in Sinney town.  Warm sunny days around the pool. I used to teach there.. Anyhow I  prefer surfing. Oh and I forgot. I was finishing off the CPL plus Instructors  at Bankstown as well as doing Uni 4 nights a week Not much room for extra Curricular activity. Nev

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

22 hours ago, facthunter said:

Mrs 'someone or other".  yes I do know but I'm discreet and if you're thinking I did I certainly didn't. 

'sallright Nev, I was only joking.

Just reminded me of the joke about the young bloke who goes to confession and tells the Irish priest he'd had it off with a young, attractive married woman but couldn't remember her name. 

Priest says "Was it Mary Connell now?" 

Bloke:  "No..."

Priest:  "Angela McTiernan perhaps?"

Bloke:  "No..."

Priest:  "It wasn't Siobhan Healy?"

Bloke:  "Ummm... no..."

Priest:  "Not Sandra Power?" 

Bloke:  "Look - I'm really not sure Father!"

So the priest gives him his penance and off he goes.

Outside the church his mate asked him how he went.

"Fantastic, Paddy - sure I've got 4 good prospects for us!" 

• Haha 1

FFS!!! Those financial grubs should be taken out and shot, for their absolute and total greed!! And look at the persuasive and smooth patter associated with the loans, and the company!! :freaked:

The sad part is the huge number of people who are so desperate to get the loan of a few quid, to see them through the financial mess they've gotten themselves into, without realising they're only digging themselves into a deeper hole!!  :crying:

• Agree 1

We once had a brake on high interest rates when we had state and federal banks owned by the people. But our wonderful politicians gave them away, so not only did we lose the brakes on financing, we lost an income stream, whilst handing the elites an open cheque to make money as they wished and they have.

• Like 1

The Govt-owned Commonwealth Bank was set up by King O'Malley to rein in the greed of private banks - which it did for over 80 years. But the private banks hated the Commonwealth Bank and never stopped plotting to dismantle it.

With the weak and gutless PM Keating siding with the private banks, and offering the Commonwealth Bank on a plate to them, so they could take it over and dismantle it, the private banks glee knew no bounds.

The champagne glasses are still clinking in the boardrooms of the private banks at their unparalleled success, in getting rid of the last thorn in their side, that stopped them from making massive profits.

King O'Malley must be spinning in his grave - and even more so, after seeing how much the private banks profits soared to astronomical levels, in the years after the destruction of the Govt-owned Commonwealth Bank.

12 hours ago, Yenn said:

Dax are you talking about the Commonwealth bank, which was sold off to the mums and dads of Australia, Are they the elite. In which case you might also think about Telstra which was also sold off.

You need to catch up, both the commonwealth bank and telstra now have very high corporate ownership and they along with the other major banks, are all owned by the same corporations.

"Often consumers who choose to bank with smaller, more independent banks may, in fact, be banking with one of the 'Big Four'. The following examination of who owns the big four (ANZ, Commonwealth Bank, NAB and Westpac) is the logical follow-on from that initial investigation."

https://finty.com/au/research/big-four-ownership/

What telcos aren’t Australian owned?

Here is a list of telcos that are either foreign-owned or partly Australian-owned:

• ALDI Mobile – Germany
  • Circles.life – Singapore
  • Foxtel (Partly Australian-owned) – American and Australian
  • Lebara – United Kingdom
  • Lyca Mobile – United Kingdom
  • MyRepublic – Singapore
  • Optus  – Singapore
  • Origin (Partly Australian-owned) – ASX listed
  • Telstra (Partly Australian-owned) – ASX listed
  • Vodafone – United Kingdom

https://www.canstarblue.com.au/internet/telcos-australian-owned/