Covid logic???

red750

5 hours ago, red750 said:

Why is there plastic on the payment keypad?

Cashier: to protect people from Covid.

Me: but isn’t everyone touching the plastic keypad the same way they would the regular keypad?

Cashier: no words. Confused look.

My local pharmacist has plastic over the EFPOS machine.  The reason is that whilst pay wave customers am usually not actually making contact or at least fleeting contact.   The reason they have it is for customers who use the keypad.     At my pharmacy they then either replace the plastic or sometimes sanitize it the plastic preventing alcohol sanitizer getting into the buttons.  Seems logical to me.   It is not unlike the way dentists wrap some dental equipment.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8132847/Priceline-chemist-store-uses-glad-wrap-cover-Eftpos-machines-coronavirus.html  

• 3 months later...

Apres 11/10/21 logic.

Lockdown ends! You can now go places you haven't been able to go to for months.

BUT

If you want to go inside a public building which is a shopping centre,

1. Wear a mask at all times, except when seated and consuming food.
  2. Check-in at the entrance to the centre.
  3. Check-out of the centre and into each shop you enter.
  4. Produce your online Proof of Vaccination certificate before you enter each shop.
  5. Check out of each shop as you leave and check-in to the centre as you move to the next shop.
  6. Repeats Step 3 to 5 as you carry out your business in the centre.
  7. Check out of the centre as you leave.

Since the Hire-a-Cops at the entrances to shops will only accept Proof of Vaccination certificates displayed on a Smartphone, it now becomes compulsory to carry a Smartphone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh to be in Qld away from the SE corner. Life goes on the same as it always did, except that we take a bit more care. The downside is that a large part of the population are complacent. I think we have just about the lowest innoculation rates in the country, apart from the aboriginal settlements. I dread to think what will happen to our hospital system, when we open up to the other states. It can barely cope with the non covid situation, so disaster looms.

That will no doubt happen just before the coming federal election so our Labor premier will be able to blame it on ScumBag

• Like 1