Historic turnaround in Qld

Methusala

Not you best post Don. That was a very below the belt thing from Can Do He has claimed to have made changes that predated his VLAD laws and therefore did not exist to be fixed by them.. Those laws Bother many better legal minds than mine will ever be. The "name" has probably been anglicised and have several ways of pronouncing it. Nev

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think this is going to do our country any good at all in the longer term. It is like the difference between hazard reduction and fire fighting, our current governments at all levels already have trouble seeing past the next ballot, but they all budget spending to four or five or ten years out. Those are promises they only have to keep if they get re-elected for a second or third term, and don't get called to account for them if they get chucked out, meanwhile Joe punter is too short in memory to remember what they promised six years ago anyway.

I agree, it makes it hard to plan long term budgets and spending.

Guest Howard Hughes

Governments of all persuasions need to realise that just because you are elected with a large majority, it does not mean that you have a 'mandate' to make any change that you please, you still need to listen to the voters. This has been the downfall of Gillard/Rudd , Campbell Newman and most likely the Federal coalition if they don't wake up soon.

If a conservative Government gets voted out after one term in the most conservative State in Australia, then they really need to take a look at where their priorities lie.

Depends on what figures you use. Abbot keeps using a projection based on anything that makes his case. If you want to know the truth listen to what they say about the financial situation here when they are overseas. Usually the dead opposite of what you are given here. in the media. Is it the truth or did you read it in the Murdoch press? Often said. Nev

Governments of all persuasions need to realise that just because you are elected with a large majority, it does not mean that you have a 'mandate' to make any change that you please, you still need to listen to the voters.

Sadly for Queensland with the demise of their state upper house they may be at the whim of a government that didn't believe they had any chance of victory, so went to the election with the proportional lack of policy. Queensland has voted against Campbell Newman, and they have voted against asset leases BUT they have no clue what they have voted for. Only time will inform them!

Guest Howard Hughes
CN seriously misjudged the intelligence of the average voter.

Actually I would go so far as to say he treated them with contempt!

Only based on my observations but I couldn't disagree more, out of my social group my friends in the 20's nearly all are on the conservative side, friends in the 30's-40's much more split. My thoughts behind it being the different stages of life, pepole in their late 20's mostly don't care about hospital funding, schooling (assuming that they have already studied) and other similar stuff, they care about the economy, getting a better job and a better start in life. And conservative ideas were pretty popular when ALP governments got thrown out all across the country only a few years back.

I still believe the issues at the moment is that they are all rubbish. My vote will always be able to be brought for the price of a department/ minister of aviation!

what the libs believe and what they do are rarely aligned in any fashion. that's why they suck in government.

Imagine all the social issues associated with paying women $5000 to have babies, what a horrible social experiment.

what the libs believe and what they do are rarely aligned in any fashion. that's why they suck in government.

Imagine all the social issues associated with paying women $5000 to have babies, what a horrible social experiment.

Even though we dont see eye to eye, I do love you FT.

He had a massive majority. He did it his way and the people didn't like it No excuses,No wars no one loses their lives They can lick their wounds and reform their policies and LEARN. I actually doubt that the LNP will. Anyone who is a clever capitalistically inclined entrepreneur type would be out there making money instead of in there trying to make money for their mates and getting rewarded later. WE don't seem to be getting the brightest on the block on that side. Parliament would be too boring and tedious for many. Just pass the paper bags along and get on with it like in the old days. Why ruin a good thing Tony Fitzgerald.? Do gooder. Who needs THEM in QLD.?

When you sell or lease public assets (to your mates) you have to sell them cheap or allow more profits to be made after(Price increase) which is more cost to the people. Wouldn't happen otherwise .Nev

So now the assets are going to be rented to the other mobs mates instead. Leased/Rented, I am still having trouble seeing the difference but the Queensland electorate have it all sorted apparently. As far as I can see it the lease option may have made all the money immediately available to splash, with the rent option the proceeds will only dribble in, but I can't believe that the renter is going to be happy to pay more than they profit from use of the asset so open your eyes Queensland, you are still going to pay more now there is going to be an extra player in the power delivery.

Actually I would go so far as to say he treated them with contempt!

I did not feel he treated me with contempt did you? Maybe the bikie criminals and the dead wood in the public service felt badly treated but I really did not have a problem with that. CN was trying to fix a mess left by the ALP now we can expect that situation to get worse. People need to realise debt is very bad, once you get past the point of no return it is almost impossible to recover, just check what is happening in Greece and much of Europe. Seven years after the GFC the world has not recovered from that and Australia is still going down hill. The general public need to wake up right now we are headed for a very bad place.

Regardless of whichever party you favor, anyone with even the hint of a business brain, knows clearly that you can't operate efficiently or progress with an empty purse. Same with governments.

Any bloody fool can stand on a street corner and give money away to buy votes, there'll always be plenty of takers, even if they're not desperate for it.

It's harder to get it back after it's all been squandered, and then the whinging starts.

You can normally expect to reap what you sow, whether it is with seeds, or with money. No seeds, no crop!

Newman pork barrelled his electorate to a figure well above the TOTAL of ALL the surrounding electorates . Good money management?

The people have said "Good Riddance". Can Do underestimated the brain power of the Queensland people. especially in HIS own electorate. No one died .There were NO riots. They VOTED...Nev

teck, you are a big boy, go to the library and read up how to run a government.

in other news the long anticipated demerger of the LNP could be starting as early as tomorrow. Seeney called a meeting to pick new leader and Simpson says he has no authority to call meeting meaning that the new leader would be illegitimate!

teck, you are a big boy, go to the library and read up how to run a government.

in other news the long anticipated demerger of the LNP could be starting as early as tomorrow. Seeney called a meeting to pick new leader and Simpson says he has no authority to call meeting meaning that the new leader would be illegitimate!

That's enough crap for one day.