How long will this bloke last?

Old Koreelah

Most of his countrymen live in great poverty and many of their fishing boats have washed ashore in neighbouring countries with emaciated bodies aboard. 
Meanwhile, he and his pampered inner circle enjoy expensive western booze and luxuries.

Won’t be long before Karma catches up.

image.thumb.jpeg.a28f8b7b3ac68c8c31d5e3bd36a5721f.jpeg

There's a lot of speculation ill health will get him soon. Lately his sister has been stepping up and sharing the workload. She looks a lot healthier than he does. It's said that he's a heavy smoker as well. It would be any guess what will happen there when he finally pops off.

His old man used to pig out on fine food and being slothful. HE didn't make old bones either.. Maybe it's OK for God -Kings to be obese. They sure stand out in the crowd in North Korea. IF you study  Korean history since WW2 you might get an insight as to why they behave as they do. Nev

• Informative 1

I haven't studied their history but I can understand why they hate the Yanks. I can also understand why they are so belligerent. If they did not arm themselves and have the appearance of being strong the yanks would have invaded them years ago. In the meantime the yanks keep posturing and calling for de nuclearisation on the Korean peninsular, while they keep a massive army just South of the border and have nuclear warships close by. North Koreas only chance at survival is to keep the Yanks scared of them.

The West should have insisted on a conclusion to the Korean war nearly 70 years ago. If they had done the right thing the North and South would have re combined and would have been at peace with us.

One problem with unification is that one is communist and the other capitalist; it would be like mixing oil and water. One side would have to give up their system for it to work.  China and Hong Kong's one country, two systems thing doesn't seem to be going well.

• Agree 2

If you've been to Hong Kong a while back say 25 +years, you will know what they were like . Very keen on making money.  It's all pervading. I personally think Taiwan has made a nicer  attitude to a strong  market economy combined with lifestyle and a sense of identity. That's understandable because of the separation. Both I fear will face hard times.  Forcing unity at the barrell of a gun doesn't seem to click with one's sense of fairness. Nev.

• Agree 1

Fat Boy will be in power for a considerable time yet. One of the more interesting things of note in NK is the major decline in Nuclear weaponry and ballistic missile testing in the last couple of years.

I believe this is possibly due to an event that the Western media suppressed, for some unknown reason - possibly related to not revealing Western Intelligence and surveillance capabilities.

I don't know if anyone remembers, but the Norks Nuclear testing area, comprising a large array of tunnels in a mountain named Mt Mantap, in the Norks, Punggye-ri nuclear test site, collapsed in November 2017.

The scientists are all keen on measuring and calculating the seismic measurements of the Sept 2017 nuclear blast, reportedly responsible for the tunnels collapse, and the distance the mountain collapsed in Sept 2017.

But these are all scientific boffins doing this - very little information from any Western security agency, was issued as a result of this major level of nuclear testing, and subsequent test area tunnel collapse.

However, the news item, reporting the tunnel collapse, was mysteriously relegated to the bottom corners of news items, not long after I read it, in late 2017.

That news item stated that there had been a major human disaster at Mt Mantap, with up to 200 North Korean "labourers" killed in the tunnel collapse disaster. I wonder if a number of important NK nuclear scientists were killed in this event.

I gather that the Western Intelligence agencies would have picked this up, by eavesdropping on a sudden flurry of NK internal communications, with key words indicating a major disaster that had to be kept quiet.

There was a subsequent and unusual (for the Norks), display of destruction of the Nuclear testing area tunnels at  Punggye-Ri in May 2018.

This was reportedly done as an indication that the Norks were genuine in their desire to "denuclearise", if the West met their demands.

But there was speculation that the destruction was a purely theatrical event, and the tunnels were possibly no longer useable.

I believe this may be true - but the tunnel destruction may also have been designed to ensure that any evidence of a nuclear disaster, and subsequent loss of important personnel in 2017, would be further hidden.

I find it interesting, that since late 2017, the NK nuclear test and development programme has been very slow. They did launch a new missile a few days ago - but this was not a nuclear test.

There may be a number of other factors involved in the nuke slowdown - but if a swag of their top nuke scientists and experts were wiped out in a tunnel collapse disaster, this would surely lead to a major hiccup in the progress of their nuclear weapons programme.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44240047

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/873443/north-korea-nuclear-accident-Punggye-ri-tunnel-collapse-kim-jong-un

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

Bringing Hong Kong into the debate is interesting. HK was a British colony until they gave it back to China. Right up until the very end of British rule there was no democracy in HK, but as they were walking away, they decided to promote democracy. Now China really wants to go back to what the Brits had.

Similarly in Korea the Yanks did not want a unified Korea with democracy as the Koreans would have thrown the yanks out, so they have kept the war alive for seventy years with a load of lies and bulldust.

• Like 1