Atheist knowledge

Gnarly Gnu

If the Jews were God's chosen people, why did he lead the around the desert in circles for hundres of years and when they gave them the "Promised Land " it was the only part of the middle east that had no water or oil.

See thats what happens when you dont keep OzRunways up to date, Either that he was on his mobile & missed a turn lol

2000 years of the ten commndments?

I can't roll off the ten commandments, but from memory the first few seem to show how much God needed us to look up to him. He seems very insecure, but with more knowledge and working things out for ourslves, he an see his insurance scam failing.

As far as morals go we only have to look at how those who profess to be religous behave to see that religion has no concept of moral behaviour.

The 10 commandments weren't all that flash anyway. The first four were kind of self-serving "worship me" ones, three were "don't covet" (which as far as I know, isn't against any laws), in fact the only ones that made sense were "don't kill", "don't steal" and "don't bear false witness". All of which have, in any sensible person's mind, various caveats and exceptions. (Don't kill - unless defending yourself or others. Don't steal - unless you're starving or freezing or have no other choice. Don't bear false witness - unless you're in an undercover sting and trying to entrap a crook.)

There should only be one commandment.... "Don't be an asshole!"

The 10 commandments weren't all that flash anyway. The first four were kind of self-serving "worship me" ones, three were "don't covet" (which as far as I know, isn't against any laws), in fact the only ones that made sense were "don't kill", "don't steal" and "don't bear false witness". All of which have, in any sensible person's mind, various caveats and exceptions. (Don't kill - unless defending yourself or others. Don't steal - unless you're starving or freezing or have no other choice. Don't bear false witness - unless you're in an undercover sting and trying to entrap a crook.)

There should only be one commandment.... "Don't be an *******!"

I like Ricky's take on the 10 commandments

Does your phone contract mention weeping wailing and gnashing of teeth in an environment of eternal hellfire and damnation? That's pretty serious stuff meant to get your attention. Nev

I believe that's part of Telstra's customer charter.

Guest Nightmare1
What about if you wouldn't like it being done to you , don't do it to others? and Judge not lest ye be judged. Nev

I agree with your first point, do to others as you would like done to you.

But the 2nd one, I say judge everyone and everything. Doing less is not wise, an insult to your intelligence, lowers your guard and your judgement IMHO.

Tony

I find the commandments about not worshiping other gods to be ridiculous if coming from the deity who knows for sure that he is the only god.

However there is the possibility that the commandments were in fact invented by priests who wanted to have less competition for their particular sect.

Priests wouldn't do that would they?

I have known a few over the years and mostly they seemed good blokes. A few of them didn't seem to be completely convinced that there really was a God, but it was a good living.

I also notice that the average christian religous god botherer will eventually agree with me when I say that there are bad chistians, but point out that they are not real Christians.

Funny Christianity is good but anyone bad can't be Christian. I say anyone with what I consider bad morals is bad, but christians seem to think they must be atheists.

Guest Nightmare1
Priests wouldn't do that would they?I have known a few over the years and mostly they seemed good blokes. A few of them didn't seem to be completely convinced that there really was a God, but it was a good living.

I also notice that the average christian religous god botherer will eventually agree with me when I say that there are bad chistians, but point out that they are not real Christians.

Funny Christianity is good but anyone bad can't be Christian. I say anyone with what I consider bad morals is bad, but christians seem to think they must be atheists.

Funny, I know a lot of priests, and they are ALL bad blokes.... mind you, they are all locked up in prison for molesting children. They truly fit the bill for "wolves in sheep clothing" sick perverts with sickly sweet smiles and demeanor's, to groom their victims.... they make me sick!

Their existence alone, hiding behind the facade of religion, proves there is no god, as he/she/it does nothing about the multitude of cases. And don't say the old throw off, "God moves in mysterious ways." It doesn't cut it, god simply doesn't move at all! If god is all powerful, all seeing and all knowing, why is there no divine intervention?

The only entities protecting the children are the real life families, friends, and law enforcement authorities. Religious institutions frequently hinder the investigations and protect the perpetrators, and are frequently found to be very non supportive to the victims.

Guest Nightmare1
This arrogant attitude is best summed up by the bumper sticker:Christian aren't perfect, but they are forgiven.

Yes, forgiven by their imaginary friend, but not the people who they hurt or offend generally

Guest Nightmare1

Unfortunately for the believers, there is more evidence for the almighty, or not so almighty, asterisk, than the deity people seem to want to dedicate their everything to....