UK MEDIA BLANKS ALL MENTION OF YELLOW VEST PROTESTS IN FRANCE

Phil Perry

These protests and the violent response of French CRS and paramilitary police in cities all over the country have been ongoing continuously for nearly a year.  The entire UK media have orchestrated a total ban on ANY reporting of this.

[MEDIA=twitter]1207007495383859201[/MEDIA]

What are they protesting about?

General Tax increases but Mainly drastic increases in fuel prices which affect everyone.  Mr. Macron refuses to back down on this.    I've been watching social media throughout and can only assume that there is a 'D' notice or some such instrument preventing UK press coverage.  Nothing seen in the newspapers either.  Amazing level of censorship. . never seen ( or not seen ) anything like it.  

And yet every bit of the Hong Kong trouble has been extensively covered.

Very odd.

Amazing level of censorship. . never seen ( or not seen ) anything like it.  

And yet every bit of the Hong Kong trouble has been extensively covered.

Very odd.

Phil, here's George Galloway's viewpoint:

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/476161-pension-reform-protests-france/

The second video clip in the article is interesting. It shows the police and firefighters battling each other. I didn't think we'd ever see scenes of police pepper spraying uniformed firefighters.

I'm not sure if it's intentional censorship, lazy journalism or just embarrassment pegging it down to a low priority. Violence and unrest in Western nations doesn't fit the narrative of Western press and Governments. After all, we're supposed to be the shining example of democracy, fairness and freedom. When it happens in Hong Kong, Venezuela, China, Iran or Russia, our press is all over it as there is already a long term perception of designated baddies running those countries. In their case, our press doesn't have to put much effort into it, just keep reporting and adding to the existing bad guy narrative.

But when it happens to us in the West, well jeez, what do you say. If our press goes hard on Western nations, then it becomes harder to make the distinction when the so called bad guys have it happen to them. Think regime change and the use of press to influence public opinion. We want to force regime change on multiples of other countries but heaven forbid it happens to us.

But it's not happening in the West. Nothing to see here, move along. Just keep taking the pills.

If one types French protests into google, there is MSM news coverage - including the violence; but I have to agree, it seems pitiful in its coverage and I haven' seen it feature anywhere; not that I have been watching the news too much. It isn't a Yelllow Vest protest and notably, the UK state broadcaster last had coverage (through Google) on 10th December. To some extent, most people here are treating this as just another French mass strike; happens about once a year or so...

The French I had a meeting with the other day were bemoaning the strikes as they are crippling (and I complain about a 28 day train striker here). THey were, however, supportive of the aims. Despite Galloway's claims of this is a protest against everythig that os perceived to be wrong in France/Europe, The French I met with the other day maintained it was only about pensions...

I haven't been keeping up with the social media, but  rarely do as it is only the active that post a lot and they are as skewed as anyone...