Advertising

Yenn

I see Coles have a new advert..

Curtis Stone says we haven't changed the quality.

What he should say next is "We have just screwed the farmers"

They are advertising a big drop in chook prices.

They started with the $1 milk and look where that has led. Farmers are walking off, Yesterday we saw a full dairy herd sent to the abbatoir, because the farmer was getting less for the milk than he was paying for cattle feed. They gave the numbers for the darling Downs and the number of dairy farmers has decreased vastly. It will not be long before we have to import milk to supply the demand and you know what the prices will be then.

". It will not be long before we have to import milk to supply the demand "

Aren't Powdered milk products Imported.

Simple to dehydrate, Light weight, for transport, & cheap to source oversea's.

Just add Australian H2O.

There fresh milk !. LoL

AND there was a mountain of Butter, to get rid of a couple of decades ago.

spacesailor 

Producer's, OR importers.

Our fruit took a big quality dive, this tear.

I suspect it was picked before ripening & "Gassed" to make it look good. Tart strawberries. sour oranges, & apples with brown centres.

more to look forward too in the future.

spacesailor

Our fruit took a big quality cut years ago. When did you taste a good strawberry, or a pear, and bananas are rubbish. they are either picked far too early or have been bred to travel without damage and forget the flavour.

The way the drought is going we may have to import water to liquify the powered milk.

When you travel through Asia you notice very few milk products in the supermarkets and 7 elevens, they really don't have much of a dairy industry. New Zealand and Australian powdered milk are very sought after. If you want to take a gift to a friend in Asia, take them some high quality Aussie powdered Milk.

But whats the point of "selling" Product,

If it's unfit for the consumer, Not just Coles but my supermarket "Aldi". Bag of oranges returned & no questions asked, They knew  it was no good for it's purpose. but sold sell it.

spacesailor

Because the other 99 people didn't bring it back, just either ate the tasteless oranges or threw them out, either way the supermarket makes its money.

I refuse to buy meat, fruit or veg from Coles/Woolies.