Highway robbery.

red750

Highway (and byway) robbery. Petrol jumped from $1.23.9/L to $1.65.9/L. Surprise, surprise, guess what. It's school holiday time. Increases should be limited to 15c in any week, with 48hrs notice. They won't drop it 42c/L in one hit! I managed to get to a servo who hadn't yet increased their price. Put in $40 worth, would have cost me $54 tomorrow or at the servo 5 minutes closer to home. Actually the servo with the old price was a Woolworths Caltex station. I have a Woolworths Rewards Card with petrol points, so I got an extra 1.25 L for free.

Newspapers as just as bad. The Herald-Sun went up from $1-70 to $1-90 today, and The Age is $3-20. FFS. Any wonder I haven't bought a paper in over 20 years. I can remember when the paper was 1s3d (12c).

Petrol jumped from $1.23.9/L to $1.65.9/L.

Well, it's Melbourne's turn to pay the high price. Fuel in southwest Sydney is down the the mid-$1.20s. It always amazes me that the price of fuel is always lower in areas where people of Middle Eastern origin have chosen to live in Sydney.

OME, do you know that Australia is the biggest exporter on gas in the world? John Howard sold 50 years supply to China for 5 cents a litre.

Great statesman, Howard. He used the money to extend welfare to well-off people.

" do you know that Australia is the biggest exporter on gas in the world? John Howard sold 50 years supply to China for 5 cents a litre."

How much would the pump price be if we could have it for car-fuel.

Always wonder were the kick-back's get hidden, Lets tax the kick-back, that cost Australia so much money.

spacesailor

That cheap gas is used to manufacture materials we used to make in Australia until the price of fuel and electricity killed our industries.

John Howard, just about the worst PM we had and the Lib Nats still think he is god.