Coalition Government, Corruption!!!

farri

It's a pretty damning record. Australia is at No 13 on the World Corruptions index behind most of Western Europe but 3 ahead of the USA. No surprises there. Interestingly our nearest neighbour NZ is at No 1 being the least corrupt country in the World. According to Transparency International, since 2012, several countries significantly improved their index score, including Côte d’Ivoire, Senegal and the United Kingdom, while several countries declined, including Syria, Yemen and Australia.

As I've said elsewhere - I simply cannot understand why people vote for the LNP. They instituted a Royal Commission into trade unions simply to try to get dirt on Shorten (which didn't), yet their own behaviour makes unions look like choirboys.

At least everyone now sees what Dutton's true colours are.

Our whole system where candidates need to get money to get elected makes us corrupt. The result is that we are governed to the benefit of those moneyed interests who fund the political parties.

Immigration numbers are a good example. They are way higher than would be voted for in a plebiscite, and why? Because the rich people who own apartment blocks or subdivideable land or shopping malls or even investment houses want big immigration and this is their repayment requirement.

I don't mean to say this is done openly or crudely. But the aspiring politicians know the score.

There are several other examples of this.

And they didn't Bully her, of course? Julie Bishop was always digging dirt on her but none stuck . None the less she always had more "questions to answer". Big signs saying " Bitch and Witch" for a sitting PM.. with the Liberal "notables" all in front.. An Image beamed all over the world .Nev

What is wrong with the NBN. I got a phone call from my daughter yesterday to say her phone is going to be out of action for up to 4 weeks while they install NBN in Beechworth Victoria. What sort of a joke is that? At least I don't have a problem, when NBN got here I had to go to satellite and it is much better than the old land line, but still not fast.

There used to be something called USO - "Universal Service Obligation".

This used to provide a high level of phone service. There were big penalties if anyone needed to call triple O and the phone didn't work. The old fashioned land line phone was backed up by large batteries and generators at every telephone exchange in the country. The old phone network generally worked regardless of whether the mains power was working or not. Now we have high technology and competition which has resulted in mobile phone and NBN systems which have often only got an hour of backup battery. Then they cease working. Also we now have minimal phone capacity which is fine for "normal" call density - so if there is a natural disaster (for instance), the network locks up with congestion. So all phones are now operating on a fragile service which is unlikely to cope with emergencies. And NBN suffers similar fragility. (when it works)

The ABC who are supposed to be left all the way with the ALP always refer to the "pink bats scandal". Never refer to the NBN as Turnbull's trouble plagued NBN scandal. What happened to "direct action"? This scam cost over $5bn and what did it acheive in carbon reduction? Didley squat. Answer that one please Mr Niel. Don

Well, in fairness, anyone can plan something properly - anyone can also stuff up their plans (i.e. execute the plan poorly). You should see the well laid plans being decimated over Brexit over here... (And the argument of personnel change contributing is not a valid one; those that have moved on are equally incompetent as those that replaced them).

What is wrong with the NBN. I got a phone call from my daughter yesterday to say her phone is going to be out of action for up to 4 weeks while they install NBN in Beechworth Victoria. What sort of a joke is that? At least I don't have a problem, when NBN got here I had to go to satellite and it is much better than the old land line, but still not fast.

Sounds like a beat up Yenn. You should ask your daughter for a quote from an authoritative source. Alan Jones, Ray Haddley and the local paper usually invent stories to suit there own agenda.