Spelling

dazza 38

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GraemeM

When I went to school we would get our bums kicked for saying "Me and John" instead of saying "John and I". We were always to put ourselves last.

Now all I here people everywhere saying Me and .... The media both television and news papers do this all the time. Did the rules for english and gramma change somewhere along the line?

Should I talk about how my father would react if I did not say Please when I asked for something?

Graeme.

When I went to school we would get our bums kicked for saying "Me and John" instead of saying "John and I". We were always to put ourselves last.Now all I here people everywhere saying Me and .... The media both television and news papers do this all the time. Did the rules for english and gramma change somewhere along the line?

Should I talk about how my father would react if I did not say Please when I asked for something?

Graeme.

I also notice the "And" is used a lot to start a sentence. We were taught at school to never start a sentence with And.

Examples? Not because I disagree but because I'd be interested to hear what you think.

Perhaps pointless was the incorrect word. I was thinking of all the things that were once the responsibility of the parent, which now seem to be taking up valuable time in schools. It almost seems parents want the education system to do everything for them.

Teachers are increasingly required to assume responsibility for more and parents accept less for the kids. My wife is a teaching aid and I was a chalkie myself once. I don't know where it ends. Logic and social responsibility would be a good.starting point.

How to go a day without using your iphone would be a good test in self control and dependency analysis. Nev

Too much time is taken up in schools with pointless courses rather than teaching the core subjects.

Examples? Not because I disagree but because I'd be interested to hear what you think.

Diploma of nail care? ("Nail Technician")

Cert IV cosmetics (DJ's/Myer counter sales for cosmetics...)

Yep we are wasting money hand over fist in the TAFE area

Wasn't surfing available as a HSC subject at a school in NSW a few years ago? Not that I have any problems with surfing, a great pastime no doubt. Hard to imagine how it would help in a job interview though.

Diploma of nail care? ("Nail Technician")Cert IV cosmetics (DJ's/Myer counter sales for cosmetics...)

Yep we are wasting money hand over fist in the TAFE area

TAFE is vocational, it is to prepare workers for employment and to supply business with trained workers, you might think that doing whatever nail technicians do is unworthy but it is a part of the economy and businesses require trained workers in order to run their business and make profit . Plumbers, electricians builder etc are initially trained through TAFE.

Also you do know that it does cost the student a substantial amount to attend TAFE.

Students who enrol in these undergraduate degree courses at TAFE are required to pay full fees and are not entitled to Commonwealth Government supported student fee loans, known as HECS loans, but may access a FEE-HELP loan scheme.[3] While Universities have the ability and power to design and offer their own degree courses, each TAFE degree course must be assessed and approved by the Higher Education Accreditation Committee (HEAC).[1]

I hate hearing "do the math" or "math class" it was always maths when I was at school. Maybe we all become grumpy nit pickers as we get older!

When I was at school* it was still proper "God be with ye" and non of that goodbye or bye, what are those youngsters doing to this language...just because they can't make the effort to write the whole sentence doesn't mean we should be bastardizing the language... What is this whole letter speak they seem to be using these days...

*about 5 lifetimes ago.

When you play with the spelling you lose the word meaning given by the parts the word is built from. Just letting usage dictate where it goes is not the best in the long run. We should design an entirely new language (Esperanto++mark 59). Something designed from the ground up, sophisticated but extensive and logical. Latin surprisingly is capable of being a very functioning language. Whoever worked that out was no dill.

Guess who invented the number "0" (zero) .Muslims . Pretty clever and you get powers of ten that way. How would you like to sell the idea of a number 0.? What's that number you have there Akmed ? It's a zero. How many is it? Nothing. it's zero which is nothing. but you can put lots of them after other numbers to make them bigger, Hundreds of times bigger .You're a dill Akmed. Go an sleep it off.mate....Nev