Here's another one for you to denigrate. . .should you wish to. . .

Phil Perry

An English Pig farmer converted his back-packer worker's, to pork, by feeding them to the pigs so cutting his wage bill.caught out by blocked drains,

plumber found hundreds of Teeth in the drains.

Kiwis had very low doors, don't get invited for dinner when you get old.

spacesailor

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BSoylent Green?

From the movie " Quatermas Experiments".

I could be thinking of the wrong film but I,m sure it,s "Quatermas ".

spacesailor

The Movie was "Soylent Green" staring Charlton Heston. early 70's. Was also a reference in the Simpsons, Bart buying Hommer a beer in the future for $200 and Homer salivating over some "soylent Green" for sale.

Soylent Green - Wikipedia

Space, I don't think its legal to sell stuff to your employees to cut their wages. There was a "slavery" outcry when some Brazilian ranchers were providing huts and charging so much rent that their employees got nothing.

what if it were introduced surreptitiously into pies and pasties?

Sweeny Todd a Victorian melodramatic tale an English barber and serial killer who murders his customers with a straight razor and, with the help of his accomplice, Mrs. Lovett, processes their corpses into meat pies. The Pies were sought after for their taste and the wellness people felt after eating them.

Latest climate conference is predicting disaster by 2040. This is much later than that guy who is predicting our extinction in ten years.As far as Australia is concerned, it is more the number of immigrants than where they came from. Every extra mouth to feed will be a problem.

Marty, how do you imagine Australia will feed an extra 10 million with oil and phosphorous depletion in full swing, plus climate change running amok?

Well Bruce, if the ten million are immigrants, then if they weren't here they'd be consuming resources somewhere else, and given that climate change is affecting the whole planet it's a moot point.

What do : Stalin, Hitler, Trump, Abbott and Morrison have in common?

Answer, a lack of science education. None of them could ( or can ) do do maths, chemistry, physics or biology.

Stalin had as his chief scientific adviser a man called Lysenko, who never understood evolution. Lysenko died of old age in 1979 having spent his last 20 years trying to breed cows that gave more butterfat by feeding them the stuff.

The last 3 are climate-change deniers and I bet Hitler and Stalin would have been too.

Marty, how do you imagine Australia will feed an extra 10 million with oil and phosphorous depletion in full swing, plus climate change running amok?

We're living in a fool's paradise. Environmentally, in my opinion, Australia is maxed out at the current 24 million. Some say our economy is based on migration. It's an honorable goal to have a strong economy, but if our main industry is importing people, then we are foregoing our environment for pure capitalist greed. And that makes us fools.

The logistics of further population growth in an environmentally fragile country like ours is mind boggling. To feed an extra 10 million people is one part of it. Then there's things like getting rid of an extra 10 million turds per day, providing water, electricity, and road infrastructure to handle several million more cars on the road.

Nearby where I live is a formerly quiet little seaside town. It's now a nightmare. There's a four lane road in and out of the town which is totally gridlocked most of the day. Meanwhile the developers are hard at work creating blocks for another 100,000 people. Is this really the Australia we want? Once upon a time we were a reasonably intelligent nation of people. Now, I think we're just a bunch of greedy destructive f**king idiots.

What can you expect? People, being people, are going to have more kids than necessary. Those kids are going to grow up and want a place of their own (eventually). They don't make any more land. It's quite simple, mathematically. I can't claim any moral high ground here, we have 3 kids.

If I owned prime real estate near a seaside town and a developer offered me a fortune for it, I'd probably take it. Or sit on it for a few more years while it appreciates in value, but at the end of the day either way it's going to get sold and developed. I don't know that selling land for enough to keep yourselves and your kids comfortable for life is greedy, it's just a logical choice. The only ones who have the luxury of NOT developing high value real estate are those who are already rich.

If women are free to choose, the population doesn't grow much. You can see this in many countries in the world. In current Australia, 3 is considered a lot of kids but when you take into consideration those who have none, it is quite ok. What is crazy is putting those home-grown kids at risk of a terrible future by importing millions more.

The sub fertility rate is about 2.33 children per woman which means 2 children per woman to replace the parents, plus a "third of a child" to make up for the higher probability of boys born and mortality prior to the end of their fertile life. Below this and the population declines. So some women may have lots of children and some none. Australia is among the worlds countries amounting to about 3.3 billion people below the sub fertility rate. Of course this does not take into account immigration and many immigrants come for countries with high mortality rates and virtually no birth control so they push the figures into positive territory including the immigrants themselves. 360,000 last year & whether they are permanent or temporary it all puts a massive strain on everything (infrastructure, housing, health, education etc) but is the only thing keeping the economy growing. Everyone knows it but politicians deny it.