The epitome of laziness

red750

Last night I bought 91 octane fuel for $135.4 p/l less 10c with a special offer. I decided to go back this morning to fill a 20l jerrycan. The pump price had gone up overnight to $1.57.

It's about time the public lynched the Prices Commissioner for colluding with government, and retail chains in inflating the price of fuel. Blind Freddy can see that there's collusion going on, and for once, I doubt if the oil companies are major players in the collusion.

Obviously someone is paying for it. All I know is I am part of the loyalty program at Woolies, which is free, unlike the $10 per month program recently announced by Coles. I usually buy the same products each week...

Red it has always intrigued me that supermarkets waste lots of labour unpacking boxes of groceries, stacking it on the shelves, then after checkout, packing it back in boxes or bags. My attempts to short-circuit the process have come to naught. Why can't I just buy a box full of each much-used item?

There's nothing to stop you buying in bulk to save on the unpacking and stacking. You just have to give the store manager a list of what you want so a storeman can pick it for you. In most supermarkeets, especially between 10 am and 2 pm, front of store staff numbers are at a minimum during the week, so coming in out of the blue to ask for whole boxes of stuff to be brought from the back storeroom might not work efficiently.

Last night I bought 91 octane fuel for $135.4 p/l less 10c with a special offer. I decided to go back this morning to fill a 20l jerrycan. The pump price had gone up overnight to $1.57.

Petrol prices should not be allowed to increase at a faster rate than they decrease. In other words, if they drop 1 or 2 cents per day, the increase should be at the same rate, not 20 or 30 cents in one day. If wholesale prices jump, refiners are still refining and delivering crude bought at the lower price..

Depends on the service station. Some of the independent ones, like the one close to us, sell their fuel at what they paid for that batch plus markup. So quite often they'll be 10c cheaper than many other servos in Hobart, until they pay more for the next truckload and then they'll up the price.