Dave Allen - on religion. . . .( Comedy )

Phil Perry

IF he gets to Heaven, God would have to have the sense of humour I would like HiM SHe IT to have. irreverent and funny. (Always smoking) Nev

I saw him at live shows twice Nev,. . .hilarious, and, as well as the cigarettes,. . .he always had a glass of whiskey ( Irish of course ) on the table next to where he sat.

I reckon Charles will be king, just so that his wife can lord it over all those that hated her.

I would be sorry for William if he had to do the job for as long as the Queen has done. I very much doubt that anyone could do the job as well as Elizabeth.

Charlie won't be king. I don't think he's got any desire to be. I reckon he'll be like his great-uncle and abdicate - it'll be King Willie next. (Kaiser Wilhelm??)

I disagree, I think he wants it that bad he can taste it.

I reckon if it goes on much longer he might try and get Mummsy committed or worse.

Beside Camilla won't let him abdicate she probably wants it worse than him.

I disagree, I think he wants it that bad he can taste it.I reckon if it goes on much longer he might try and get Mummsy committed or worse.

Beside Camilla won't let him abdicate she probably wants it worse than him.

Camilla won't be around much longer. Things are not rosy in paradise, is the rumour. And I think Charlie would rather spend his days talking to his vegie garden than wear the crown.

• 3 weeks later...

The institution of the monarchy is bizarre to say the least. You can imagine a dominant animal being like the king for awhile, but to dominate the other animals so completely that your mantle gets passed down to your offspring in perpetuity has only ever happened in our particular species of apes.

Nope Nev it doesn't. Humans are the only animals to have thugs ( knights ) to assist them in their fight to retain dominance, and we are certainly the only ones where the dominant animal can pass on their authority to their (possibly weak) offspring.

And the concept of "noble blood" is ridiculous. The nobles were taller because they ate better.