Dave Allen - on religion. . . .( Comedy )

Phil Perry

Bugger, there are no monarchists here willing to argue their ridiculous points. And no creationists either. Who scared them off, or don't they really exist?

It's funny, the Gnu used to be our resident creationist but he's throttled back he rhetoric considerably. In fact I can't remember him posting anything on this site.

That's why Ian created this site. He had to get us rationalists away from the GNU. It's possible we were saying things that upset him.

Anyway, it is good to divert "Off Topic" away from the Rec Flying forum. There is an old adage about staying out of trouble by steering clear of discussing sex, politics or religion. Some forums specifically ban those topics - the mods automatically banning the poster. I can see why, as some people allow such discussions to get polarised and personal.

The only religious people I know make their living from it. They could well be atheists deep down, you would never know.

Well there is one exception; there is an elderly neighbor who goes to church and gives them money. But he hasn't got so much money since he fell for a scam and sent $20,000 to a Hong Kong PO box number. Maybe religion is a scam too huh?

Yep Nev, that's in the 1000 year old Omar Khayam poem...

" The grape, which can with logic absolute

The two and seventy jarring sects confute"

How come the likes of us and old Omar notice this but the religious people ignore it? They all think ( they say ) that they have the one true one.