Skippy hates electric cars

storchy neil

[ATTACH]49008._xfImport[/ATTACH]

These things are not supposed to scare wildlife. The idea is to give them a new sound which makes them stop an wonder what the hell it is. While they are thinking about it, you drive past them. Don't forget that wildlife that lives adjacent to roads is accustomed to the sound of traffic, and tend to ignore it. Just like pedestrians in the city who walk around with their heads bent over their mobile phones, ignorant of their surroundings.

As an addendum, did you know that Volvo's anti-collision avoidance technology cannot comprehend an object which bounces across the road in front of the car? Volvos travelling in the country will hit kangaroos, and those in the city will run over kids' soccer balls.

OME

upload_2017-10-13_8-16-49.jpeg.42bdda85d7cd29282d26c5fb7010c824.jpeg

Have you noticed that sheep will stand by the side of the road until you are 6m from them and then all charge across the road, while goats are visible on the road when you are a kM away are nowhere to be seen when you get there.

Notice also that goats are usually connected to the muslim religion and sheep are more like christians.

That explains why christians are so trusting of muslims.

I once asked a question of a local Councillor here in the Cannock Chase area: Q) Would it be possible to fit all the Deer on the Chase with Hi-Viz waistcoats so we can see the buggers darting out into the roads in the dark ? I DID say that it was a comment made by my Daughter, after a Deer wrote off her Partner's car a couple of years back. . . The bloke had a good giggle and suggested that the authority did not have the funding, and that the Deer themselves might be a bit pi$$ed off with that idea. ( Not to mention the Animal Rights Mafia )

However,. . . . I notice that some twerp has used my idea and there are now many signs showing a picture of a Deer wearing a Hi-Viz coat ! The text below the pic simply says ' If Only. . .' . .I should sue the buggers for intellectual theft !

Our local Deer problem is obviously nowhere near as serious as it must be in Australia of course, but the collisions with deer keep on happening. Fortunately, there have been no Human fatalities for a couple of years. ( YES I AM sorry about the animals too ! )

I recently carried out fleet Graphics work some Nissan EV-200 electric panel vans ( Small ones ) these work in Central London operating free of any congestion charge due to being non-fossil fuel powered. The drivers complain that since Nissan did not have the forethought to include Reversing 'Beepers' in these vans, their drivers are constantly being berated for nearly running in to pedestrians in the busy streets whilst trying to reverse out of angle parking spaces with the restricted rearwards visibility afforded by Vans. . . . ! A rather silly oversight by the manufacturer methinks. . .

I recently carried out fleet Graphics work some Nissan EV-200 electric panel vans ( Small ones ) these work in Central London operating free of any congestion charge due to being non-fossil fuel powered. The drivers complain that since Nissan did not have the forethought to include Reversing 'Beepers' in these vans, their drivers are constantly being berated for nearly running in to pedestrians in the busy streets whilst trying to reverse out of angle parking spaces with the restricted rearwards visibility afforded by Vans. . . . ! A rather silly oversight by the manufacturer methinks. . .

Point them here... (or equivalent in England) - GLOBE LED BA15S REVERSE W/BEEPER 12V | Jaycar Electronics

Point them here... (or equivalent in England) - GLOBE LED BA15S REVERSE W/BEEPER 12V | Jaycar Electronics

Thanks Marty,. . .I think the Boss, ( my mate Alex, one of our aircraft owners at Otherton, and the Club Secretary too. . ) Is already on it,. doesn't need any lawsuits from pedestrians. . ..he said that he's just investigating whether he will invalidate any warranties on the nine vehicles if he carries out the neccessary mods. . .One thing he has been warned about is drilling any additional holes in the bodywork for wiring / fixing sensors, which will immediately void the 'Anti-Corrosion' warranty on the 'Leased' fleet. . .bloody minefield innit ?

Thanks Marty,. . .I think the Boss, ( my mate Alex, one of our aircraft owners at Otherton, and the Club Secretary too. . ) Is already on it,. doesn't need any lawsuits from pedestrians. . ..he said that he's just investigating whether he will invalidate any warranties on the nine vehicles if he carries out the neccessary mods. . .One thing he has been warned about is drilling any additional holes in the bodywork for wiring / fixing sensors, which will immediately void the 'Anti-Corrosion' warranty on the 'Leased' fleet. . .bloody minefield innit ?

That's what I like about that solution - just replace the reversing light globe. (If they have a globe, that is, and not an LED unit).

That's what I like about that solution - just replace the reversing light globe. (If they have a globe, that is, and not an LED unit).

All LED nowadays mate. . . .no doubt they'll have to come up with something though, as the Last thing a fledgling company needs would be the bad publicity and litigation following hurting a pedestrian during their 'Exact - Timed Deliveries' ( How they'd accomplish that in Central London is anyone's guess. . .every time I go there the traffic seems to be in permanent gridlock. . . perhaps it would be better to get a fleet of Electric motor scooters, thereby competing with the lads doing the handbag and mobile phone snatching using the same transport medium. . .. . .! who knows. . .

I am sitting outside the little general store on an island off the coast of southern Tasmania (sipping a latte).

I noticed that the store sells fuel. It has unleaded petrol, diesel, Tesla fast charge, and Bosch fast charge.

The writing is on the wall - all you doubting Thomas's, if Bruny Island can do it, everyone can.

I am sitting outside the little general store on an island off the coast of southern Tasmania (sipping a latte).

I noticed that the store sells fuel. It has unleaded petrol, diesel, Tesla fast charge, and Bosch fast charge.

The writing is on the wall - all you doubting Thomas's, if Bruny Island can do it, everyone can.

I hadn't noticed any fast chargers at local servos, but at this site - EV Charge Stations in Australia - Maps & Addresses - it says that Willie Smith's Apple shed at Grove has one!

I can & do travel a thousand k's at times on petrol or diesel. when the the battery power IS equivalent to that, It Might be time to change!.Alice springs to Birdsville via the RED centre, and not a power pole in site.LoL.

spacesailor

[ATTACH]49041._xfImport[/ATTACH]

There'll be people that need IC power in places like the red centre for sure - but 99.9999 whatever percent of the population don't go anywhere near it.

upload_2017-10-29_22-8-15.thumb.png.5ea325f6b4c00ed624a9602e04f460e1.png

Dos'nt exclude the rest of us that do!

"but 99.9999 whatever percent of the population don't" :FLY.

but some like to soar with the eagles. One hour battery on an aircraft = Melbourne to Brissy I don't think so.

Next time in the Alice, Go fly the "painted hills" they're spectacular.

spacesailor

Dos'nt exclude the rest of us that do!"but 99.9999 whatever percent of the population don't" :FLY.

but some like to soar with the eagles. One hour battery on an aircraft = Melbourne to Brissy I don't think so.

Next time in the Alice, Go fly the "painted hills" they're spectacular.

spacesailor

Sorry if it came across that way Spacesailor - wasn't having a crack at those who drive the Red Centre, just saying as a commercial decision you're most likely to put charging stations where the population is.

Why would you need power poles? Your charging station could be powered by solar. Yes, most of Australia is "technically" uninhabited. Most "live" on the East Coast of Australia and drive on congested roads in for the most part a hot humid climate with worlds highest prices for housing. Nev