'Removal of politically incorrect statues' is ratcheted up. . .

Phil Perry

History being erased by a certain section of the populations of the UK and America. Statue of Cecil Rhodes ( Think Rhodesia / Zimbabwe ) removed from a major UK University by mass student pressure, as the was a 'Racist' This has been supported by some of those students who benefited from a 'Rhodes Scholarship' . . .you couldn't make it up. . .

Skip over to the the 'ole US of A now,. . . some feminist SJW has caused a pressure group to remove an 'Asian American' News anchor from the ESPN network, as his surname was 'LEE' and this is the same surname as General Robert E. Lee of the Confederate Army, and they were supporters of slaves before and during the Civil War. . . .( ? )

( If these people had read a little actual History they could have discovered that General Lee was actually AGAINST slavery. . . .)

[ATTACH]48906._xfImport[/ATTACH]

Different part of America now. . .let's go to Seattle. Here there is a life size bronze statue of BRUCE LEE . . .yeah, the kung Fu fighter movie star bloke. . . .same reason for wanting him gone. . .Surname. . . . .

Cognitive dissonance is large with these mongs. . . .they also don't appear to 'DO' Irony either,. . . as the picture below shows . . .

[ATTACH]48907._xfImport[/ATTACH]

I had to giggle at this. .. the white guy supporting BLM and the black bloke waving a Confederate flag. . . .

Only in America you think ?. ..Noooo It's spread to the UK now.

There are a bunch of Rabid Looney SJWs touring the land looking for statues that don't fit with their narrative.. . .so that they can get them removed from history too. Nelson's statue on top of his lofty column in Trafalgar Square has been threatened already by the looney Twitterati as well. . . .Dunno why, but perhaps it's just that he was White and we can't have old white men being honoured in this way. Old White men have a lot to answer for, for all the pain and suffering that they have inflicted upon the world. . . ( Their words, not mine btw ).

I have to wonder what all those brave young men who fought at Gallipoli and on the Somme would have thought if they could see what was happening now. . .I can easily imagine them saying something like. . . . 'Sod this for a game of soldiers mate. . .I'm buggering off home. . .'

1620749040_RobertLee-ESPNANCHOR.thumb.PNG.07038276af903783d7512e1e6d43932e.PNG

405201512_Cognitivedissonance.thumb.PNG.95bf6bb16daf578bfe3b8e1bf2fd9106.PNG

I have not got a 'Twitter' account. . . dunno why,. . just can't be ar$ed I suppose,. . but I was so incensed at the threat to Nelson's statue by the rabid looneys that I asked a friend to tweet a screenshoot graphic that I made as a counter attack.

Basically it said that. . . 'If you even Scratch' Lord Nelson's statue you bastards,. . then your bestest mate's statue in Highgate Cemetary is bloody history and no mistake." ( Karl Marx )

I'll probably get 'Done' for hate speech now that the CPS have ratcheted up the 'Hate Crime' legislation so that if you say ANYTHING counter to the narrative,. . you will be arrested and charged with a hate crime. . . .

IT'S STARTING FOLKS. . . .AND IF YOU DO NOT STAND UP TO IT your history will be re-written by the social jusitice warriors. . .the empty headed leftie educated brainwashed warriors who will do their level best to erase history as you know it. . . . . .

It's up to you to defend it,. . .shouLd you really WANT TO. . . . . . .

Mind you,. . Australia will be ruled by a 'Caliphate' within 30 years, so you may not have to worry. . . . .

Tess Allas shows herself to be one of these. Allegedly an expert in her own field of study (Ms Tess Allas | UNSW Research ), she is using her position in that field to publicize her personal opinions in another. If she is so anti Macquarie, then she should, in fairness, demand the renaming of the Sydney suburb of Pumulwuy, which was named in honour of an Aboriginal who lead a small army of warriors in attacks on the early European settlement around Sydney. Pemulwuy | The Dictionary of Sydney

OME

OME"Small army of warriors in attacks on the early European settlement around Sydney.

Could that read "Small army of murderers in attacks on the early European settlement around Sydney.

As I don't recall any declaration of war,

spacesailor

Surely you are joking, Spacey. Did the early settlers make any formal declaration of war? They killed many, many times more natives than the tiny number who were killed by blacks.

Picture yourself in twenty years (or less). Australia welcomes new settlers to our land, despite their radically different culture. They can't fend for themselves or produce their own food, so you support them until they get established. Very soon their numbers overwhelm yours, as they demolish the places you hold dear and replace them with their own, foreign structures.

They arrogantly push you aside in your own country. Your people endure many humiliations. Many of your people are killed or die of the diseases brought by the newcomers.

In desperation, some of your men decide to fight the invaders, but they don't issue a formal "declaration of war".

Now you are just a bunch of murderers.

"Small army of warriors" implies an organised group with an identified leader. The same as the Royal Marines who countered their operations.

Of course there was no "Declaration of War".

A declaration of war is a formal act by which one state goes to war against another. The declaration is a performative speech act (or the signing of a document) by an authorized party of a national government, in order to create a state of war between two or more states. The official international protocol for declaring war was defined in the Hague Convention (III) of 1907 on the Opening of Hostilities. (Somewhat later than the matters involving Pemulwuy and the Marines.) In addition to this, non-state or terrorist organizations may claim to or be described as "declaring war" when engaging in violent acts. These declarations may have no legal standing in themselves, but they may still act as a call to arms for supporters of these organizations.

OME

I am getting really annoyed with all and sundry blaming non aboriginal peoples for events that happened 200 plus years ago. I wasn't there, neither were the current brood of aboriginals, does that mean we are going to be held responsible for everything that occurred throughout recorded history by our ancestors? I wish some people would grow up, get a brain and just learn from the mistakes of the past. No apology necessary, no cash grants, no protests by white apologists. Just get along with life. Political correctness has gone absolutely stupid. When tree hugging apologists and bleeding hearts place the welfare, and feelings, of minority groups over the welfare and health of working australians, of all types, who have been here quietly all the time and have been funding all of this crap with their taxes, wake up and smell the roses, then common semse may reign but I am not holding my breath. We have a situation where the inmates are trying to impose their will on the asylum at the expense of the majority.

No apology, no rewards, no "sorry", just wake up for goodness sake.

With all this statue desecration . . . .an anecdote from a grumpy amateur historian friend.

In WW2 the Japanese removed several colonial statues from occupied cities.

In Rangoon the Military Commander was in a quandary. His father had been a diplomat posted to Britain and he had been brought up to admire the British empire and especially Queen Victoria who had been the first foreign monarch to acknowledge the Emperor, so instead of removal or destruction he had the statue of the old lady in Fytche Square boarded up.

However, such was his respect that he had a slit left in the planks so that the old girl could see out.

'Grumpy' says that on Burma gaining it's independence the above statue was returned to England and placed in some warehouse somewhere, stuffed with 19th century statuary; so it is not known if that one survives.

I agree mostly with robinsin that any aboriginal person my age was born into the same world as I not a pre captin Cook era.

BUT the vast majority of contempry aboriginals grew up in a much less advantaged society than I and consequently I believe that we as a society do owe an obligation to do all that can be done to redress that inbalance

I would really like to see our aboriginal population treated better and enjoying a good life, but I have absolutely no idea how to do that. There are some aboriginal people who live just like I do, ie they go to work, blend in with the society and seem to be the same as us. There is another group that live in poor conditions, abuse their children and wives and generally are not good citizens. We continuously hear about wives getting beaten up and children abused by drunken men. Nothing is done to prevent it happening again and again. The women live in fear, the kids don't go to school and they look forward to getting drunk and comitting crimes.

You tell me how we can help them.

I agree mostly with robinsin that any aboriginal person my age was born into the same world as I not a pre captin Cook era. BUT the vast majority of contempry aboriginals grew up in a much less advantaged society than I and consequently I believe that we as a society do owe an obligation to do all that can be done to redress that inbalance

I agree that as a society, we owe it to all socio-economic groups to take action to redress the imbalances in education and employment. A lot less should be spent on the socio-economic-religious underclass of foreign countries, and the money diverted to bringing those born here up to scratch. With suitably designed education programmes Aboriginal people will be able to preserve their cultures in various forms of media, and develop ways to pass on their cultural background in conjunction with the educational needs of the Western culture practised by the rest of us.

One of the keys to improving the socio-economic well-being of all residents of Australia is to rejuvenate the industries which flow on from our mineral resources wealth. We cannot keep shipping our continent away for others to send back to us in altered form.

OME

An important key to helping aborigines would be some tough love, or smart paternalism. They actually get quite a lot of money, but with no restrictions on how they spend it. Some inroads have been made, for example tying "kid money" to school attendance. A lot more is needed.

Not that aborigines are alone here, the rules should be the same for everybody.

Gosh there is more attention paid to the mental health of apes at Monarto zoo than to welfare recipients.

Phil, have you fact checked the ESPN Robert Lee thing - and the Bruce Lee thing - these sound exactly like the kind of lies that unfortunately pass for news among a certain alt-right segment of the community.

Trump's "where will it end" bullsh!t is ingenuous in the extreme. When do you think the statues of these Confederate generals were raised?

The answer is the 1920's - more than 60 years after the war ended. A period when those in the white supremacist camp (KKK and others) were starting to get concerned about the movement towards social justice. These statues were raised as a kind of warning - a "know your place, boy" statement.

Tell me where else in the world they raise statues of LOSING generals, who fought a war to keep slavery? It would be like the Germans raising statues of Goering or Himmler now.

I had a casual look at the following USA TODAY site just now,. . . after searching for 'Statue controversy in USA' on the Duck Duck Go search engine ( It doesn't track what you browse and target you with unwanted ads. . .) If this is deemed an ALT RIGHT ( bloody stupid title that is too, condemned in the UK as 'Anything minimally to the right of Extreme Marxist fundamentalism ) then I apologise., Plenty of links and references to other 'removed statues' in the article.. . .

There are embedded links in that which cover some of the statue removal stories. One General E. Lee statue in Charlottesville, had been erected 136 years ago, and a General Beauregard statue 103 years back. . . .another was erected in New Orleans in 1915. . . this may have been the youngest one. Other websites have alluded to the Democrats being major Slave owners, and the most vociferous with regard to it's banishment. Many KKK leaders were Democrats. This is a matter of fact. Whether they were deliberately erected to say 'Watch your step Boy' is rather subjective, although I do not disagree with that concept completely. . .being someone who detests extremists of any particular colour / type / flavour. . .

My ( possibly simple ) question has to be why now, after so many years ? This stuff his history. So is erasing it the best way to go ? . . . some of the BTL coments certainly agree with your feelings on the subject and as foir the 'LEE' thing,. . .ESPN have now backtracked on their comments from 2 days back, and their latest statement regarding moving Mr. Lee the Chinese fella to another less visible job, is covered there. No mention of vociferous protests about his surname. The seattle statue of Bruce Lee was protested about by a small number of loud people, but thankfully, I don't seriously believe that this will gain any traction with the city authorities. I drew attention to a certain 'Hysteria' here.

The kerfuffle in the UK, whilst being partially 'Racist' in flavour, is ore to do with objections to the agrandisement of prominent historical figures who are WHITE. Jesus,. . I've even heard that Mother Theresa was a horrible racist and any statues of her should be destroyed. . . . Please tell me that it isn't me who is going batty ?. . .surely it's the world. . . .

General Robert E. Lee statue coming down in New Orleans

May 19, 2017 · Lee Circle, where the statue is located, has been a focal point for New Orleans residents for more than 130 years.

spacer.pnghttps://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2017/05/19/general-robe...

I dislike the monuments to the upper-class who built this or that road, no worker would get their name put on a nice brass plaque, even if two or more get killed making the road, it's always.

This minister or Lord mayor whats-is-name, if they had a shovel in their hands it would only be to show-off.

spacesailor

IT'S STARTING FOLKS. . . .AND IF YOU DO NOT STAND UP TO IT your history will be re-written by the social jusitice warriors. . .the empty headed leftie educated brainwashed warriors who will do their level best to erase history as you know it. . . . . .

It's up to you to defend it,. . .shouLd you really WANT TO. . . . . . .

Mind you,. . Australia will be ruled by a 'Caliphate' within 30 years, so you may not have to worry. . . . .

Ok, there's a lovely assortment of things to pick apart in this post.

IT'S STARTING FOLKS. . . .AND IF YOU DO NOT STAND UP TO IT your history will be re-written by the social jusitice warriors. . .

So history is perfectly accurate now? There's an old saying now - "The South lost the war, but won the peace". Somehow the Civil War became about hard-done-by states standing up for state's rights against the interference from the do-gooder Union, rather than what it really was - slavery. The South didn't want things to change; it wanted to continue enslaving people, owning other human beings, to enrich the plantation owners, rather than change and progress.

In this country the massacres of Aboriginal people was covered up and denied for decades. That was "History".

. .the empty headed leftie educated brainwashed warriors

Make up your mind Phil. Are they empty headed or educated? Who's more likely to be brainwashed - those who are educated (ie have some capacity to learn and think for themselves) or those that aren't? It's thinking like this that got Trump elected in the US. People stop trusting experts and professionals, reject learning, reject "elites". Kind of like the passengers having a revolt on the aeroplane because they distrust the "elite" pilot. What would he know? Just because he has all that learning and training, any one of us know just as much as him... let us fly the plane!

who will do their level best to erase history as you know it. . . . .

"As you know it". Maybe you should add "that you're comfortable with". History is written by the winner, by those in power. It's like an autobiography where all the nasty bits are removed or played down. An unauthorised biography is usually far more interesting. If we're honest with ourselves we look at evidence with fresh eyes every now and again. Denying it because it makes us uncomfortable is just like those idiots that ignore the scientists and insist climate change isn't happening. Head in the sand stuff.

It's up to you to defend it,.

Yep! Be upstanding. Cover up, deny, everything is a leftie social work black lesbian plot to overturn the natural order of things (white males at the top of the food chain). Give me a break.

Australia will be ruled by a 'Caliphate' within 30 years

Ah yes, the 2% of the population are going to somehow overturn 117 years of federation, Westminster-style democracy, free and fair (mostly) courts and the rule of law, and we'll all be forced to become muslims and live in sharia law. Because of those leftie social worker lesbians with secret muslim tendencies.

History being erased by a certain section of the populations of the UK and America.

Unfortunately, it happens all over the world, Phil.

After the coup in Ukraine, all Soviet symbols are banned. The statues and monuments have mostly been demolished or removed, except for those re-purposed like the bronze statue of Lenin in Odessa which was converted to Darth Vader. It's also illegal to talk or write favourably of the former Soviet Union.

As a tourist, if you want to see a bit of old Soviet history, don't bother with Ukraine; it's all gone. Similar things have probably happened in a lot of countries.

Marty, you sure have some good points there, and for sure history was censored years ago. As I have said before, primary school and junior high school in the 1950,s gave me a highly censored view of the world.

While for much of my life I thought like you do, these days I tend to agree more with Phil. For example, ignoring experts is just what the loony left are doing with nuclear power. In fact, I reckon the greens are the biggest threat to the environment there is.

And I hate it that they are importing thousands of muslims in order ( say I ) to keep real estate prices booming, while being in denial about the risks involved.