SAS SNIPER USING A NEW U.S. COMPUTERISED WEAPON, KILLS AN ISIS SNIPER AT 1.5 MILES RANGE

Phil Perry

A shooting friend of mine told me recently that his wife has a pistol with sights zeroed in for up to 1000m. Now I know that is less than 1.5 miles, but for a pistol it is rather impressive. I may be gullible but he is not the kind of bloke who makes up wierd stories to impress others.

I was working with some US colleagues and one of them suggested, after a particularly painful day, that everyone should be issued with a gun and one bullet and legally allowed to kill one person. We scoffed at it (and he wasn't even red-necked), but he said, and the words live with me to this day, "think about it.... if you knew the guy next to you could legally kill you, you would be a lot more polite, wouldn't you."

Strangely, there is reason in that madness...

All I can see though, is a vibrant secondary trading market in unused bullets... and guns..

I was working with some US colleagues..."think about it.... if you knew the guy next to you could legally kill you, you would be a lot more polite, wouldn't you."...

There could be something in that. I've often been impressed by how many super polite Americans I've met.