Keep your Theist/Atheist arguments here

old man emu

I'm sorry, but I'm fed up with reasonable discussions being hijacked by the arguments carried on by Theists and Athiests. In an endeavour to keep those other discussions 'on topic,' I would ask those of you who wish to argue your Theist or Atheist case to do so here and not muddy the waters of other topics.

Is that fair enough?

OME

I like the idea OME but realistically I think it is optimistic.

It would be nice to have a thread for politics and one for beliefs but the trouble is those things influence lots of other topics hence they always get brought up.

I don't think it is unreasonable when already in an off topic thread to discuss them but I do think we should try and keep them out of the threads in the rest of the site.

SDQDI,

You are one of the ones who has hijacked another off topic thread : Republican win and other threads. I don't want to have plough through your, and your debating opposition's verbiage to follow the original topic. That's why I created this thread.

The only other option was to report all posts from both sides to the Moderators, which could result in removal of access. Hardly a path towards free speech. Besides, I have some thoughts on the topic that I'd like to add to the discussion, but I don't want to annoy anyone following the original thread by going off topic.

Old Man Emu

Now now OME I certainly didn't mean to hijack the republican win thread, actually I only placed my comment there after many off topic posts had already been posted.

Now not meaning to be nit picky but wasn't this the first post to bring theology into that thread?

But Israel is based on preserving the governance of a sector of the human population by a non-tangible entity whose existence cannot be proved by any currently observable means.

OME[/

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

I should have added a 'tongue in cheek' emoticon to that post, but I was alluding to the T/A posts in other threads. As you say - "after many off topic posts had already been posted."

I'm just saying that enough is enough in those other threads. Let's keep the T/A discussion in one place.

OME

I like his idea that "God" is above and beyond any organised religion.

That lets us focus the discussion on the existence or not of a "supreme being" without still carrying the millstone of all the theologies Humankind has created since first pondering what happens to the persona when death occurs.

OME