It's gone too far!

old man emu

Stop it now!

The erosion of the Anglo-Australian Culture has gone too far!

I went to two supermarkets this morning to buy some Worcestershire sauce. When I enquired at the first one (the one from the EU), I was told they they did not stock it. On further enquiry, I was told that they got it sometimes in cartons of mixed sauces for Asian style cooking.

The I went to the other major Australian supermarket - the one started in Melbourne by three brothers who served King and Country in WWl. I searched among a wide variety of sauces, soy, oyster, fish, peri-peri, American BBQ etc and was finally able to find a bottle of good old Holbrook's cringing in a corner on the lowest shelf.

It's a disgrace. Our distinctive Aussie culture - the one that hundreds of thousands have fought and died for, is being lost in a sea of weird liquid accompaniments. If this continues, we'll soon lose tomato sauce for our footy pies and be forced to globalised hand-helds like hot dogs with ketchup.

OME

It's really bad, try to get (are we allowed to say) "white" pepper .spacesailor

? I buy McCormick's white pepper here no problem, is it hard to buy in Oz?

What I can't buy for my motorcycles anymore is "White Power" shock absorbers, standard on KTMs made in Holland by a family named White. They are branded WP now.

? I buy McCormick's white pepper here no problem, is it hard to buy in Oz?

What I can't buy for my motorcycles anymore is "White Power" shock absorbers, standard on KTMs made in Holland by a family named White. They are branded WP now.

Tried to find a Black & Decker drill in B & Q hardware the other day. . . . but the SJWs have had the name changed to #BlackToolsMatter . . . . .

Here's something you don't see anymore - a school child's shoes worn down at the heel.

OME

Shoes, you had shoes? You lucky bar stand, when we were young .......

True, we used to wear a hole under the big toe pad and our socks got wet before we got new shoes.

... and we had to polish them every morning with Kiwi of course.

In the same vein OME, . . . I often wonder, outside schools of all kinds at 'Going home time' . . . why there are dozens of large 4x4 chelsea tractors, driven by 'Mums' collecting kiddies, when there's nowhere for many miles around where anybody would conceivably need to take a car 'Off-road' . . . bit strange that. . .