It's gone too far!

old man emu

In the same vein OME, . . . I often wonder, outside schools of all kinds at 'Going home time' . . . why there are dozens of large 4x4 chelsea tractors, driven by 'Mums' collecting kiddies, when there's nowhere for many miles around where anybody would conceivably need to take a car 'Off-road' . . . bit strange that. . .

Depends on how open your definition of "off-road" is. Driveways, car-parks and the McDonald's drive-through are technically off the road.

Phil.

The big 4x4's are much safer & have survivorbility if the school bus wants your exact parking spot.

Also to have a second "small" car just for the school-run is ridiculous, sister-in-law takes her grand-kids to school in the Landrover, (used for caravan towing) how much to buy a Fiat500?.

spacesailor

Stop it now!The erosion of the Anglo-Australian Culture has gone too far!

I went to two supermarkets this morning to buy some Worcestershire sauce. When I enquired at the first one (the one from the EU), I was told they they did not stock it. On further enquiry, I was told that they got it sometimes in cartons of mixed sauces for Asian style cooking.

The I went to the other major Australian supermarket - the one started in Melbourne by three brothers who served King and Country in WWl. I searched among a wide variety of sauces, soy, oyster, fish, peri-peri, American BBQ etc and was finally able to find a bottle of good old Holbrook's cringing in a corner on the lowest shelf.

It's a disgrace. Our distinctive Aussie culture - the one that hundreds of thousands have fought and died for, is being lost in a sea of weird liquid accompaniments. If this continues, we'll soon lose tomato sauce for our footy pies and be forced to globalised hand-helds like hot dogs with ketchup.

OME

You may be of the mistaken belief that this country today has more than a very small portion of Anglo-Australians. In my City we have 153 Nationalities and I wouldn't be surprised if Anglo-Australians were down to less than 20%.

You wouldn't get another Gallipoli here.