European Union "Divorce" case coming soon,. . .

Phil Perry

Latest BREXIT NEWS from the IK.

David Cameron spends £9.3 Million, on a booklet extolling the virtues of "Remaining" inside the European Union. This propaganda is being paid for out of taxpayers money, PRIOR to the announcement from the official announcement of a spending cap of £7 Million each for both sides of the argument. Incidentally,. . .the "Leave EU" side have to fund it ourselves.

This has caused a Parliamentary petition against the posting of this booklet to 27 Million homes, when a petition reaches 100,000 signatures, it HAS to be depbated in the HOC. . . .bit late for that methinks. . . The petition recieved 200,000 signatures in the first 24 hours, and is still climbing. Other laughable details about this story are that the Government outsourced the printing of the "Remain" booklet to a GERMAN OWNED printing company. . .you couldn't make it up. . . .

Latest news is that the Postal service union has said that their members are not being paid any extra, fot this huge door to door delivery, and that many of them will refuse to deliver, and bin the booklets en masse. Many postal workers have also commented that they are going to vote OUT in the forthcoming referendum and don't particularly want to deliver a booklet mainly filled with downright lies and general obfuscations regarding what would happen to the UK in the event of an OUT vote.

Add to this the current debacle about David Cameron's offshore tax haven investments, which, although perfectly legal,. . .make a joke of his previous pronouncements that people should pay their fair share of tax. . . . . It's not looking to bright. . . . Ho Ho Ho. . . .

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/ho...

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil, if the out vote carries at the referendum, is that legally binding on the Government to honour that result?

Cheers, Willie.

The unanswerable question. . . .the EU didn't accept the Irish Ref result and they had to keep voting until they got it right. . . the Dutch one re: the Ukranian accession to the EU has also been completely ignored, even though 64% voted against the proposal, which by the EUs OWN rules, requires all the members to vote again. Rules changed daily to suit their own agenda.

They have quoted "Qualified Majority Voting" . . .something which would require a treaty change, which has not happened, as this would take a couple of years.

The general feeling amongst the masses here is that the vote will be rigged,. . .Cameron can't possibly lose, as if he does, he's out on his ass.

Much obfuscation, fiddled postal votes and missing ballot boxes will probably be the order of the day, just like the Thanet South vote where Nigel Farage was standing. All the big guns and all the dirty tricks were in on that one, and both the Electoral commission an the police said. . .Move on. . .nothing to see here. . . .yeah, right.

We are now a banana republic mate.

Willie,. . . . .

I have copied this from a UKIP email I just recieved, in the same vein as the above posting. . . .might answer your question . . .

I have often described the EU as "undemocratic" in my letters and further proof of this was given last night when both the Dutch government and the (mis)leaders in Brussels ignored a near 66 per cent 'no' vote by the electorate in the Netherlands to go against democracy by granting visas to some 45 million Ukrainians. Under the EU rules the vote should have stopped the proposal.

On top of ignored referendum results in Ireland, Greece, France and elsewhere how clear does it have to get that staying in the EU is a complete surrender of our legitimate vote both in domestic elections and referendums?

It is not scaremongering or "Project Fear" to suggest that David Cameron and the others in the House of Commons who want us 'in' might do the same and ignore the result. I hope not, but then no doubt so did many Dutch voters over their result.

From time to time a letter is published asking "What's the point of UKIP now we have our promised referendum?"

Brussels and the Dutch governments have just given you one very solid answer.

• 3 weeks later...

Just who are the individuals calling the shots in the EU? I see no names, no faces in the media. Who are these faceless men re-establishing feudalism in Europe?

Who is this modern day Tomás de Torquemada? In 1483, Ferdinand and Isabella, of Spain established a state council to administer the inquisition with the Dominican Friar Tomás de Torquemada acting as its president. Torquemada eventually assumed the title of Inquisitor-General. Various motives have been proposed for the monarchs' decision to found the Inquisition such as increasing political authority, weakening opposition, suppressing conversos, profiting from confiscation of the property of convicted heretics, reducing social tensions, and protecting the kingdom from the danger of a fifth column.

Apart from the supression of conversos (Jews and Islamics who willingly (?) converted to Christianity) don't the actions of the Heads of the EU seem to echo those motives?

OME

Dutchroll.

I had a Maxi for many years, 1750 overhead cam & a better gearbox, Great car.

The 1500cc engine, the E-series, later enlarged to a bigger 1750cc unit for a slightly more luxurious HL version of the Maxi,

the car was quietly improved with a much nicer wooden dashboard and a completely different gearbox, which actually worked.

Did 30 mpG also got busted for 105 mph, on radar & was let off (Auckland motorway)

spacesailor

Just who are the individuals calling the shots in the EU? I see no names, no faces in the media. Who are these faceless men re-establishing feudalism in Europe?

Who is this modern day Tomás de Torquemada? In 1483, Ferdinand and Isabella, of Spain established a state council to administer the inquisition with the Dominican Friar Tomás de Torquemada acting as its president. Torquemada eventually assumed the title of Inquisitor-General. Various motives have been proposed for the monarchs' decision to found the Inquisition such as increasing political authority, weakening opposition, suppressing conversos, profiting from confiscation of the property of convicted heretics, reducing social tensions, and protecting the kingdom from the danger of a fifth column.

Apart from the supression of conversos (Jews and Islamics who willingly (?) converted to Christianity) don't the actions of the Heads of the EU seem to echo those motives?

OME

There are one or two unelected chappies in the EU commission mate, but it appears more than obvious who is actually calling the shots. . .

[ATTACH]47898._xfImport[/ATTACH]

Breaking news this morning ( tuesday 5th May ) " Merkel told Cameron that the Border Control part of his "Renegotiation" was totally unacceptable, and no way could he have it. This was the night before he was due to announce triumphantly to the country what a superb job of controlling the EU that he had achieved . . . . Plagues of frogs, pestilence and world war three shall insue immediately that we vote to Leave. . . . . hmmm. . . .

656361969_MERKELAGAIN.thumb.jpg.534a73809eb44a8ed1ff44f817842967.jpg

It's impossible to separate comedy for what passes as real life in the European Union.

This could be just a joke or it could be a legitimate program to some Brussels greenie weenie: EU to launch toaster and kettle crackdown.

No Gnarly, this legislation was passed by the EU (against British votes ) some time ago. The silly buggers have no scientific brains to let them know that if you reduce the power of the "Kettle" it will take longer to boil the water for the British Cuppa, and therefore there will be little difference in energy consumption.

This legislation also covers any Halogen type light globes, which are also to be banned from sale, leaving only the horrible fluorescent types, or LED lamps. Standard incandescent globes ( or bulbs as we degenerates call 'em ) were outlawed years ago. . . although I still have a good stock of them stashed, and the one outside my house entrance doorway has been working happily for seven years ( 60 watt incandescent bulb ) The stupid 18 watt fluoro bulb replacements have a blueish tint, not nce to read by and incredibly bloody DIM ! and they also emit a rather annoying high pitched whistle. . . they last a few hours then cark it. They cost around £2.75 per, against a 100 wat incandy, which sold at under 2 quid for a six pack !

Even if we are fantasmagorically "Allowed" to vote for Brexit, it will still take a long time to "Unpick" a load of laws which have been forced onto us over the last four decades,. . .don't get me wrong here,. . .some of the lawas are good, especially the ones which were sponsored by US. . .! but the European Court has got to go as a matter of urgency, so that we may legally deport unsavoury terrorists and foreign criminals who cannot at the moment be ejected because of their "Yuman bloody Rites"

In fact,. . .I feel like protesting about something today,. . . .

[ATTACH]47900._xfImport[/ATTACH]

1755994339_DOWNWITH.thumb.png.bf501baf14662484ee45b0a20ad4f36f.png

England for the English Phil

[ATTACH=full]42976[/ATTACH]

Er,. . .Phil,. . .you're not a closet "PORTIST" are you ? ( as opposed to a normalist, or a Starboardist ? . . .jus' wundered. . . )

But I've nicked that picture for my Political blogsite. . .I'm sure you won't mind. . .I'll make sure you are credited. . .

No Gnarly, this legislation was passed by the EU (against British votes ) some time ago. The silly buggers have no scientific brains to let them know that if you reduce the power of the "Kettle" it will take longer to boil the water for the British Cuppa, and therefore there will be little difference in energy consumption.

This legislation also covers any Halogen type light globes, which are also to be banned from sale, leaving only the horrible fluorescent types, or LED lamps. Standard incandescent globes ( or bulbs as we degenerates call 'em ) were outlawed years ago. . . although I still have a good stock of them stashed, and the one outside my house entrance doorway has been working happily for seven years ( 60 watt incandescent bulb ) The stupid 18 watt fluoro bulb replacements have a blueish tint, not nce to read by and incredibly bloody DIM ! and they also emit a rather annoying high pitched whistle. . . they last a few hours then cark it. They cost around £2.75 per, against a 100 wat incandy, which sold at under 2 quid for a six pack !

Even if we are fantasmagorically "Allowed" to vote for Brexit, it will still take a long time to "Unpick" a load of laws which have been forced onto us over the last four decades,. . .don't get me wrong here,. . .some of the lawas are good, especially the ones which were sponsored by US. . .! but the European Court has got to go as a matter of urgency, so that we may legally deport unsavoury terrorists and foreign criminals who cannot at the moment be ejected because of their "Yuman bloody Rites"

In fact,. . .I feel like protesting about something today,. . . .

[ATTACH=full]42993[/ATTACH]

Phil, you're not seriously complaining about incandescent globes being phased out are you? LED's come in "warm white" which IMHO isn't all that different to the old fashioned bulbs. Plus the power savings (when they do meet their life expectancy) more than covers the purchase price.

One of the most significant energy savings a household can make is replacing 60 - 100w incandescent bulbs with 4 - 8 (ish)w LED's.

Heard somewhere that today's fridge-freezers use 80% less power than 1990's versions (while being bigger).

You don't need to use more power to achieve the same result!

But I do like your extremely British protest.

The colour rendering index of incandescent and halogen lamps is very high and quite linear. CRI of compact florescent and LED tends to be quite low and nonlinear especially for the latter. There are significant areas of the visible wavelengths most LEDs don't produce. It's simply a much poorer quality light Marty.

If Phil is happy to pay the bill why should anyone dictate what type of lamps he chooses? If he chooses to use an older long-life fridge instead of a newer high electrical efficiency but short life version why should that matter to anyone else?

Phil as an individual has the absolute right to waste his money in any way he sees fit (like aviation, for example!) - as long as he stays within the law.

Phil as a member of a society which has a high energy use per capita (as indeed do we) may choose to use less energy where possible, especially as it benefits, in no particular order, his hip pocket, his country and his planet.

By the way I'd like to see your data that supports your assertion that a 2016 fridge-freezer has a shorter expected life than a 1990 one.

MartyD

My house lot of POOR quality fluoro globe didn't last 12 months, in fact the first globe didn't last ONE day, I have payed from my own pocket for replacements, when the government agent came to replace my globes he put them in "touch lights"

that don't dim, so buggered those lights that were used, Now we've a mixed lot of fluoro LED & incandescent lights in the house.

As for the old fridge versus the new, the "old" is still running out at a property and the new has been repaired 4 times in five years, the difference could be the "old" uses a thermostat for temperature settings, and the new uses "cyclit" cycling system.

spacesailor