Anyone good at speaking German?

flying dog

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, with all the replies, no one is prepared to help other than fob me off, rather than saying they speak German and be prepared to indulge me this "favour". :(

Well member Robbo offered to do it within 7 minutes of your original post ...

I think robbo was being a bit too smart for his own good. As then stated, I am suing a tablet and having grief using it on this web site. Strange not on others. posting replies is painful and it crashed my browser 3 times. I asked and, to me, got unhelpful replies. oh, I also tried to send him but am "not allowed", so could you please explain why I am the bad one.

Might just be security working. Nev

They have ASIC on tablets now? :P

Can't help with the translation... other than if you are looking to see if the words translate pretty much literally, then Google Translate would probably do a pretty literal translation, good enough to tell for your purposes...

If you plug it into English->German in Google translate and German->English in Bing translate and the resulting English is still readable, it's probably pretty literal. If it comes back as gibberish, it's probably slanged up a bit and the contextual equivalencies aren't meshing.

It's a bit like a wild goose chase, the same contextual meaning in Chinese is climbing a tree to catch fish.

Kaz this is Flying Dog . Are you referring to Flying Viszla , or have I got things all c****d up ? ..... Bob

Well, age is a funny thing. While I can be pretty definite about not being involved with any C***** up, I am probably guilty of being confused about which "Flying" posted

Kaz

So, with all the replies, no one is prepared to help other than fob me off, rather than saying they speak German and be prepared to indulge me this "favour". :(

Well, it looks like you're out of luck. Try another forum is the best I can suggest.

There's bound to be linguist forums out there happy to help.

Technical German is often difficult for general translation. If you need technical German you may to guess what the word is from the words. Eg a teeth wheel is a gear. I was once OK at that from my time doing engineering in Germany. Let us know if Google does not work

Having worked on Leopard tanks for many years I can certainly vouch for the technical German being almost untranslatable.

druckmessdose literally translates as a "pressure measuring socket" In a Leopard however it is a "strain gauge", or if you prefer a pressure measuring gauge.

There are so many of these that the Leopard Instrument, Electronic, Hydraulic course could have been shortened by months had we students all understood technical German

ONLY because it is cool enough to allow me to turn on the big PC, I shall post now.

This is the song:

This in the German version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jci_pFLz8r8

Are the lyrics the same (translated)?

Nina did it pretty good with 99 red balloons, way back.... But this is even earlier and I am interested about the lyrics.

I think robbo was being a bit too smart for his own good. As then stated, I am suing a tablet and having grief using it on this web site. Strange not on others. posting replies is painful and it crashed my browser 3 times. I asked and, to me, got unhelpful replies. oh, I also tried to send him but am "not allowed", so could you please explain why I am the bad one.

Nice thing to say about someone who was going to help you. I asked you a question and you never responded to my post. I asked this "How much needs translated and how quick do you need it? "

You never replied, so I assumed you didn't want it.

I have been away on a trip, only just got wifi !!!

Some people just expect people to drop everything and respond to them, I don't sit in front of the internet 24/7, I do have a life.

And again, I am on my tablet and so dont know kf this is going to work.1 robbo,you replied in German originally. why? 2 most other replies told me what i already knew, but it doesnt work. Other people reading the thread then also said to use online translators. Why is it that instead of saying nothing and "leaving well enough alone" people have to be so ...... arrogant to not really help rather tell me what to do as thouh i hadnt alrewady though of it. Yes the spelling sucks, as the ablet doesnt have real keys. Get over it. Good news though, I did find someone who COULD (AND DID) HELP!

Itt wasnt rocket science and it is now resolved. you lot seem more interested in posting replies which are unhelpful and demeaning to me. I cant read

German so replying to the question inGerman makes you LOOK smart, but really you are insulting me and not deing helpful.

I am alsso surprised how most of you are more interested in NOT helping me and rather duck shoving me to "somewhere else". eg google ranslate.

Ifmthat is a real reflection of who you are, I strongly suggest you take a good look in the mirror. I have enough iterpersonal problems myself, that I do not need people to reenforce the already bad examples I have.

And robbo,you replied in German originally. why?

Because I can........ There is no law saying I can't do that.

Good you found someone, next time don't respond with an attitude when people offer other suggestions, and don't expect someone to drop everything and do it for you on the spot.

I offered to help, but it was not going to be done within 5 minutes!

The thing I love about this forum is people offering suggestions to help other members out, what I don't like is when people get "shot down" for offering a suggestion.

I offered to help but you just made a "to smart for his own good comment" because I did not respond with your impatience so people like you do not deserve the help and I would not waste my time, I know there are other members within this forum that appreciates other members suggestions and assistance.

No I am not attacking you, I just take offence to people like you.

That is it for me on this topic......

Ah, robbo,so let me get this right: I wanted something translated and because you can speak it and replied in German (which, dont forget I cant read) and it ix MY fault?

Ok, if you say.

I then tried to PM you the detals, and was not allowed to. My fault - righht?

The tablet is giving me grief and I am not interestex in booting tbe windoze machine for two reasons, it is stinking hot and it takes too long to boot and shut down. My fault? gee, I don think so.

Tjen othI give up. tablet annoying me.

How about you give me a bit more understanding of MY side of it?

You say I am arrogant "expecting people to drop things and answer me" but in the same breath you respomd to me in German when I retty well said I cant understand it.

Who has the bigger chip in their shoulder?

Ah, robbo,so let me get this right: I wanted something translated and because you can speak it and replied in German (which, dont forget I cant read) and it ix MY fault?

Ok, if you say.

I then tried to PM you the detals, and was not allowed to. My fault - righht?

The tablet is giving me grief and I am not interestex in booting tbe windoze machine for two reasons, it is stinking hot and it takes too long to boot and shut down. My fault? gee, I don think so.

Tjen othI give up. tablet annoying me.

How about you give me a bit more understanding of MY side of it?

You say I am arrogant "expecting people to drop things and answer me" but in the same breath you respomd to me in German when I retty well said I cant understand it.

Who has the bigger chip in their shoulder?

I responded in German to show you I can speak it, nothing wrong with that, I did follow it up with the offer of help in English a few minutes later.

My PM's are turned off, I was planning to message you when I got back from work, Hence why I asked how much you needed translated and how quick you needed it, once I new that I was planning to message you when I had a free minute.

You are asking someone to help you translate something and spend there time on this yet your to lazy to boot up your windows machine? Well yes, I am sorry that is your fault, if you spent the same amount of time as you do whining about how its to hot and how long it takes to boot up your windows machine on fixing your tablet you would have it fixed in know time.

You are saying your having tablet problems, well there is a fix for this.

So I am sorry but yes the attitude is with you, you are to impatient and to lazy to turn on a computer to post your request.

Hope this make sense, can't be bothered proof reading it and I am not going to waste anymore time dealing with you, other people appreciate my help.