VERY OFF TOPIC. . . Immigration in Europe. .

Phil Perry

If you remember the lines of refugees during other conflicts they were made up of Women and Children and the Elderly. I don't remember seeing Men running away from those oppressing their Country. When England had its back against the wall in 1940 did all the young Men run away to hide from the Nazis. Why are these young Middle Eastern Males fleeing their Countries. Are they Cowards or are they planning to fight in a different war.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you remember the lines of refugees during other conflicts they were made up of Women and Children and the Elderly. I don't remember seeing Men running away from those oppressing their Country. When England had its back against the wall in 1940 did all the young Men run away to hide from the Nazis. Why are these young Middle Eastern Males fleeing their Countries. Are they Cowards or are they planning to fight in a different war.

I say: planning to fight in a different war.

"The Syrian operative claimed more than 4,000 trained ISIS gunmen have already been smuggled into Europe – hidden among innocent refugees"

Read more at: www.wnd.com/2015/09/isis-smuggler-we-will-use-refugee-crisis-to-infiltrate-west/

this shows how gullible you are, the press rarely fact check on a fast breaking story

Its always weird how the one thing a terrorist takes with him is his fake syrian passport.

this picture on the left got a run in major spanish and italian newspapers

spacer.png

apparently a large number of Europeans [and Australians and Americans and Canadians and English and ....] can't tell the difference between a sihk and a muslim

Not seen that photo, any idea on the newspapers that used it?

As for the passport thing, I wondered the same too as it seems a little convenient. However there are a number of reasons for carrying it.

1) they want to be identified after death

2) having a form of ID reduces the chances of extended police checks if they're stopped

3) if they decide to make a get away rather than carry out the attack due to obstacles (too much security for example)

4) 'false flag' - make it look like it was a refugee to further scare Europe

A video doing the rounds at the minute is this interview from Stacy Dooley for the BBC a few years back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8WVkbXOHfM

They were protesting about the police arresting the wife of a suicide bomber.

Obviously they're in a minority, but there is definitely a cancer in the midst of the U.K.

I dont want to give credit to any racism or fuel any debate aimed at an entire religion...I find racism and sexism etc funny in jokes, but not at all when its meant to hurt or harm or stigmatize.

But a few things are clear... we cant go down the current path where we have racist Australians labeling peaceful muslims as bad or evil...and we cant bury our heads in the sand and say its not a predominantly muslim problem...We will need muslims on board to solve this issue..

I have as strong a views as anyone on what we should do to extremists and in light of much stricter rules for immigration and refugee status. I would even go so far as to say that anyone who does not accept Australian way of life should be deported to place of origin .

But my real point is we will only fan the flames of racism and hatred if we are not careful to make peace loving muslims feel 100% embraced, loved and welcome in Australia. They are probably more horrified by what is happening, simply because they are sensible peaceful people as well, in Syria their fellow muslims are being slaughtered by all sides and they know the backlash from France will make them victims in Australia by racist white supremacists and the ill informed morons that abound..

I feel for the majority peace loving muslims every time this crap happens...they get labeled, harassed and stigmatized... and they hate this crap as much as we do, if not more.

I feel for the majority peace loving muslims every time this crap happens...they get labeled, harassed and stigmatized...

Personally I feel for the families that have lost innocent loved ones, butchered and torn in an instant and those that are left seriously injured and traumatized, many of whom may never fully recover. Can't find so much sympathy for the feelings of perpetrators, sympathisers and enablers.

and they hate this crap as much as we do, if not more.

Except few of them say so. Notice how the leaders have never pronounced a fatwa against Islamic terrorism?

Personally I feel for the families that have lost innocent loved ones, butchered and torn in an instant and those that are left seriously injured and traumatized, many of whom may never fully recover. Can't find so much sympathy for the feelings of perpetrators, sympathisers and enablers.

Except few of them say so. Notice how the leaders have never pronounced a fatwa against Islamic terrorism?

There is one of those enablers now....

Knu perhaps read "peace loving majority"

I feel for the majority peace loving muslims every time this crap happens...they get labeled, harassed and stigmatized... and they hate this crap as much as we do, if not more.

You do realise its comments and attitudes like this , that is exactly what the extremists want... its hard to mobilise peace loving muslims when they are surrounded by tolerant accepting peaceful people... but its damn easy to mobilise and radicalise marginalised children who grow up surrounded by these words and venom

You are actually being an extremely powerful enabler , just by saying this...!!

I Can't find so much sympathy for the feelings of perpetrators, sympathisers and enablers, either, but that has nothing to do with 98%+ of Muslims who want nothing to do with this rubbish..

In times like this the best thing we can do is unite with the 98%+ peaceful muslims against the extremists, rather than branding the peaceful majority for the actions of a few.

What happens to Palestinian moderates?

The west has apparently been 'enabling Moslem violence' for 1400 years according to lefties. Of course before the west it was the Quraysh - very peaceful, placid folk that lived in Saudi Arabia. You should read the Koran to find out how far they went to appease Mohammad and his followers.... and how he dealt with them.

And for Kaz or anyone who is interested in learning about more recent history of Islamic terrorism here is an excellent article from the Smithsonian about Sayyid Qutb, a king-pin amongst jihadis & godfather of the Moslem Brotherhood:

A lesson in Hate: how an Egyptian student came to study 1950's America and left determined to wage holy war.

I think the recent trend for dickheads to assult Muslim women and to try and remove their headgear is a bit crook. The women are not the main problem, and it's a weak man who takes it out on a woman. How many of those tools would have the b*lls to try and do the same to a Muslim bloke.

One thing to bear in mind is that the more moderately dressed (by our standards) women, eg: colourful head scarves, and semi fashionable gear etc., would be stoned to death by the hardliners for wearing that kit. So I don't understand why drunken clowns are trying to rip their head scarves off - they're not the problem.

There is a point to be made here -

I accept that probably 98% of people of muslim faith are not 'religious extremist terrorists'.

And that 98% of the rest of Australians (or any other nationality) are not 'religious extremist terrorists'

However I see that the worst religious terrorism carried out by yokel extremists here is some graffiti, or headscarf tugging. On the other hand there have been some very serious violent terrorist activities thwarted here by our authorities, that were attempted by Muslim extremists.

From a risk management perspective, that alone identifies one section of our society that warrants a greater proportion of attention, in order to mitigate the risk to life and limb of multiple innocent individuals.

I do not see this as discrimination.

It's a thin edge to the wedge though Pete. Once you start racial profiling - or at least be seen to be racial profiling - you are saying to the whole 100% of that community "You're dangerous. We don't trust you."

Where does that end? We've all seen the police shootings of unarmed black men in the US.

Put yourself in this situation; you're a young bloke of Middle Eastern descent. You're a muslim because your parents are muslims and that's how you've been brought up. You're not particularly observant, you like a beer, go to the footy, and if one of your flatmates cooks bacon you're probably going to sneak a piece.

Now, just because some terrorist freaks who love death and slaughter look like you and have the same religion, YOU are being looked at funny by everyone on the street. You get pulled aside every time at the airport for the explosive test. Cops watch you on the street while ignoring the skinheads giving you the finger. When you go to a pub people move away slightly as if you're going to pull out a knife and start stabbing.

If we start treating people like this, people who are us, they're Australian, they're part of our society, they fit in, you'd have them over for a BBQ or leave your kid with them for a playdate... then the terrorists have won. They've managed to sow discord and distrust among us. They will have encouraged us to isolate and demonize a segment of our own population, in some cases which may even sow the seeds of radicalization - in other words we'll do their job for them.

I do agree with you where it's obvious that someone is already radicalized. The intelligence services should be recruiting assets who are able to go to mosques and report any mad mullahs that are preaching jihad or trying to recruit people. These guys should be removed from the community and deported if they're not Australian citizens, or jailed under existing laws if they are. (And held incommunicado in prison to prevent them recruiting in there too). But if we start treating people as outcasts, then we play straight into the hands of ISIS.

What a dilemma we face: we want to protect ourselves from these murderous barbarians, but doing so might require us to break our anti-discrimination rules. These arrogant, ignorant bastards have no interest in respecting your rights or mine, so why should we allow them to misuse our freedoms to get a foothold in our country?

Many Moslems try to distance themselves from these evil events, but we must ask them why atrocities are committed by people raised and educated in western democracies. What they all have in common is the Koran.

Much as I admire Adam Hill, this time he is wrong and the despicable Rupert Murdoch is right. This issue is the responsibility of the entire Islamic community. Their holy book is used to justify this barbarity; do they agree with it?

If they don't, they should take the lead in ridding the world of this cancer.