Biden comes out fighting.

red750

Good on him.  I heard some of his speech.  Well rehearsed and delivered with energy.

If every Democrat leaning voter supported him despite their worries about his age, and every sensible Republican voter stayed home, there wouldn't be a problem.  But I don't think that's going to happen.

• Agree 1

Everyone complains about his age. He is relatively fit - fitter than Trump; he has better mental acuity than Trump - he has a stutter which gives the impression he is not entirely compis mentis. But if you do listen to his content and focus less on the mode, it is usually far more coherent than Trump. Yeah, he gaffes occasioanlly, but has anyone noticed how Trump does consistently and with increasing regularity, gaffes and seems to have a permanent parity error in his brain mistaking Nikki Haley with Hillary Clinton, and Obama for Biden?

One of the problems for Biden is that he does come across as slightly more frail than Trump.. But, short of a MAGA maniac assasinating Biden or someething like the development of cancer, my bet is on Biden outlasting Trump...

• Like 3

It's just a job for her, I reckon. A dirty and disgusting one but the payday is better than cleaning toilets.

To paraphrase Kanye... "I ain't sayin she a gold digger,  but she ain't hangin with no broke ancient white guy"

Edited by Marty_d
  • Like 2

The way it is going, the American two-party system seems to be morphing from Dem/Rep to Trump/Anti-Trump. 

As we watch the goings on in the USA this year, we should be taking notes so that if Australia ever becomes a republic, we don't adopt an personality contest method of selecting a National leader. We are being propagandised into this line of thought by the Meja who constantly pit Prime Minister against Opposition Leader in popularity polls, without taking into account the work of the Cabinet and Ministries.

Have you also noticed that we hear nothing of what either of the US parties have in their policy manifestos? At least in Australia all parties publish their manifestos for the electorate to consider.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

If Biden is reelected the worst that can happen is that he steps down part way through the term due to ill health. Whoever replaces him will be a Democrat. If Trump is reelected the worst thing that can happen is four more years of Trump.

The best case scenario for the 30% of Republicans that voted for Haley is that they see Biden as the lessor of two evils. She tried hard to push the Trump as a threat to democracy line.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

IF Trump DOESN'T get elected will HE accept that? NO. He says HE will only accept the vote as valid IF HE gets elected That's exactly what he tried to do LAST TIME and now He's more organised.. IF he gets IN he''ll come after those who didn't support him. He's as BAD as the worst out there,  potentially.  Nev

• Agree 1

I found this clip interesting. Check out the body language and uncomfortable expressions on the face of the arsewipe speaker Mike Johnson as Biden talks of support for Ukraine. Johnson is one of the main reasons Ukrainian troops aren't getting much needed help at the moment. He's Putin's boy with blood on his hands and he knows it.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

The way their system works, speaker Mike Johnson is second in line to the presidency. If something happened to both Biden and Harris, Johnson would be president. In that case, it would change from a Democrat president to a Republican president.

• Informative 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...