Oh. how quiet they've gone

Russ

It would be called corruption here too and is a crime, so how about giving us some examples?

Most of Australia's rich people got their wealth via political connections, rather than by hard work and innovation. The Land of the Fair Go has become as corrupt as Colombia or Indonesia.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-26/handshake/6725328

https://newsroom.unsw.edu.au/news/business-law/battlers-and-plutocrats-how-political-connections-reward-australias-super-rich

http://www98.griffith.edu.au/dspace/bitstream/handle/10072/49625/82387_1.pdf?sequence=1

http://www.theage.com.au/comment/australias-slide-into-corruption-must-be-stopped-20141203-11zso4.html

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite correct---- Malcolm Turnbull is helping structure legislation to line his pockets, look how he wanted carbon trading just something else for him to buy and sell to make a profit.. At the moment he buys and sells money. Look out he will try and get his hands on water.Regards

KP.

I'm sad to hear that Keith. We need leaders to inspire us, but we seem to be stuck with politicians we despise.

Some Third World countries could teach us a thing or two:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-31679475

Yes we have a bunch in power that many despise.

Our biggest problem is that they also despise us.

We normal citizens are just grist for the mill or cannon fodder for military adventures in politics.

Australia the best laws and pollies bussiness can buy.

Yes and you've made up these stories before, and never backed them up.

Ah- so if you didn't hear it on Alan Jones or Bolt, then it does not exist.

The list is so big- the feds refuse to have a Federal ICAC.

How about the bribing of Saddam Hussein at the same time as being at war against him? Very corrupt and also treason.

Libs just denied everything and made a enquiry to suit themselves.

Or the Bank note bribes to foreign countries?

I could go on all day.

But doesn't the above only cover a small portion of her time as a politician ? She was elected in 2007 or 2008 I think.

the carbon tax was a better way to introduce a price on carbon than an ETS. The ETS makes another venue for capitalists to gamble on the economy.

........................ and carbon tax is another tax which makes another avenue for politicians to gamble on the economy.

Regards,

KP.

Don't go into the kitchen IF you can't take the heat Dutton.. Squealing like a stuck pig. They get almost unbridled support from the Newscorp papers and a pretty fair run from the others. Signs of cracking at the seams. Media knocking the crap out of Gillard Ditch the witch. Bob Browns Bitch all over the front page. That was all OK. They want it ALL THEIR way this mob. Bit of criticism and they burst into tears or want some one sacked. Nev

Not quite correct---- Malcolm Turnbull is helping structure legislation to line his pockets, look how he wanted carbon trading just something else for him to buy and sell to make a profit.. At the moment he buys and sells money. Look out he will try and get his hands on water.Regards

KP.

authoritative source, please.

Media knocking the crap out of Gillard Ditch the witch.

I didn't agree with a number of Gillard policies, and I believe the carbon tax - while reasonable in principle (the reality is simply that for decades we have paid an artificially low price for power) - was politically suicidal and therefore rather pointless (why introduce something which will get you booted out and be repealed?). However her treatment by many conservatives when she was PM was utterly appalling. Even a few conservative adult friends of mine showed they have all the emotional maturity of a 2 year old when it came to discussing Gillard.

Don't go into the kitchen IF you can't take the heat Dutton.. Squealing like a stuck pig. They get almost unbridled support from the Newscorp papers and a pretty fair run from the others. Signs of cracking at the seams. Media knocking the crap out of Gillard Ditch the witch. Bob Browns Bitch all over the front page. That was all OK. They want it ALL THEIR way this mob. Bit of criticism and they burst into tears or want some one sacked. Nev

I can understand FT not knowing he'd slipped on a banana, but you live in Victoria, surely you've seen the headlines this week? surely you've seen the parliamentarians in a line all holding up the front page news of the latest Labor scandal.

Thank goodness the last extreme political thread was locked; this one need's Ian's touch as well. Can't you find any political forums where you can post your trash?

The thread is closed I thought, so I won't respond at length except to say I'm used to you saying I write "absolute rubbish" Turbs . If you believe that, don't read it, it's easy. We are all different. I've never started a religious or political thread, but once they get going I will contribute my little bit. That's fair enough innit? I'd be happy if we didn't run that stuff at all. Nev

authoritative source, please.

Just read a few articles from good papers ( Financial Review-- was one) and put one and one together there are the answers.

I am not going back and finding the articles. The most informative articles were about 4 years ago if my memory serves me correctly, and they were informative.

Regards,

Keith Page.

Heard a great excerpt from an interview with our Dear Leader last night... emphasizes the "3 word slogan" attitude of him and his crew. The interviewer was asking about the economy.

TA: "We've stopped the boats..."

Journo: "Er, the question was about the economy."

TA: "We've stopped the boats."

He is the most "complicated" PM I have ever witnessed since I reached voting age, on either side of politics. He has made more than enough brain snaps to be continually sailing along this very fine line of remaining leader, or being deposed. But still, some people love him because he's deeply conservative, no matter what.

I know people who still idolise George W Bush, genuinely believing he was the best thing which ever happened to the USA in the last 25 years. The economy absolutely tanked during his term, the mortgage & banking crisis and subsequent GFC exploded during his term, a very costly war which still has not resulted in stabilising that country was waged during his term, and the budget deficit skyrocketed during his term. I'd hate to see the worst thing!

Personal political bias is extremely powerful, and regularly trumps actually weighing the evidence of what a person has achieved versus not achieved.

What has Tony done? Oh that's right, he stopped the boats. That's all you need to know.