Oh. how quiet they've gone

Russ

Good ol Bronny Bishop, poor ol dear, deemed her unfetted spendings were all legit, hell of an uproar began......

interestingly .....now.......the bloody lot of them have now realised the "can of worms" is there, only to be exposed..........Oh how quiet they've gone.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're all a smug bunch of ar5oles rorting the system. I work for myself, when I go away I receive calls and answer emails 7 days a week. Under their ideology I should be able to at least claim my holiday expenses on my tax. What a bunch of ar5eholes.

What I find funny about the coalition supporters during the recent "choppergate" scandal Julie Bishop, said almost nothing, did nothing wrong but her support as alternative LNP leader collapsed.

Then I remember how many people voted for the Liberal Democrats in 2013

They're all a smug bunch of ar5oles rorting the system. I work for myself, when I go away I receive calls and answer emails 7 days a week. Under their ideology I should be able to at least claim my holiday expenses on my tax. What a bunch of ar5eholes.

Yup ALL the politicians whether Liberal, Labor or from the rest have been ripping off the Australian tax payer. Labor ministers are just as guilty as the Liberal ones.

You're probably right Dazza, but there have been some praiseworthy exceptions. People like Ted Mack and Malcolm Turnbull, independently wealthy and apparently quite ethical. There may be more; I'd love to see some research on the topic. We just need to weed out the rorts.

We love to bag our politicians, but they're people too, with staffers who fill in their claim forms and probably even sign them as well. Many reps have huge territories to cover and most in the ministry have legitimate travel to do.

My local member for decades was George Souris. Even when he was Finance Minister, tasked with raising $20billion to run the state, he still drove himself around his large electorate and always attended small local functions. Even though he knew I probably didn't vote for him, he always did his best for me. We need more like him.

Old KoreelahHe saved the state money drove himself around and did heaps for you and you didn't vote for him? Am I dumb or is there something missing here ?

Good point, K. I was conflicted, but other policies of his party outweighed my admiration of his efforts as a local member.

What I find funny about the coalition supporters during the recent "choppergate" scandal Julie Bishop, said almost nothing, did nothing wrong but her support as alternative LNP leader collapsed.

Then I remember how many people voted for the Liberal Democrats in 2013

Not hard to think why- When you have such a bunch wrecking the joint.

When you are lead by a Abbott who is in charge of not one but two Bishops. The Liberal broad church of ideas " John Howard" seems to have forgot how to run a scripture session, forget about a country.

So they happily keep their hands in the till and scream- look over there, a Terrorist, pink elephant..

Even LNP voters are very unhappy. The mad Monk is kept in his Dictator seat by permission of his party. Julie Bishop is a senior member, so deserves to be condemned for her appalling support.

Yup ALL the politicians whether Liberal, Labor or from the rest have been ripping off the Australian tax payer. Labor ministers are just as guilty as the Liberal ones.

This is true Dazza,

My theory is you pay peanuts you get monkeys!

Most large corporate CEO's are on hundreds of thousands a year plus bonuses .

Bank CEO's are on Millions a year plus bonuses worth millions.

If you are smart enough to be the leader of a Nation why would you go through the sh!t they do for a 200,000 a year plus a few rorts?

Give the PM of the country 10 mill a year tax free and we might see some of the Australia's smart people put their hand up!

Just my opinion,

cheers Butch.

Abbott gets a hell of lot more than 2ook.

It in 2014 was $539,338 plus a huge super, and gold card, staff, security,car and office space every year for the rest of his life.

I would think he is exceptionally well rewarded, given the above benefits lasting till death, long after been sacked by the public.

Then you have the resources of fully taxpayer paid homes, jets, cars, staff (minions) to do your bidding. You don't even have to pay for any food or drink- even for mates.

The real effective salary is in the many millions of dollars.

The big bank Ceo's are way overpaid. That is a poor argument to increase pay.

The US president gets less cash than Abbott.

Increasing the salary will not get better candidates. Anyone who would do it only because it pays a heap more- is not the type of person we need.

We do not pay peanuts, but we do have monkeys running the joint. They play with themselves all day, pick their bums and throw shite everywhere.

With the current style of politics more money just means more greed among the psychopathic monkeys.

Increasing the salary will not get better candidates. Anyone who would do it only because it pays a heap more- is not the type of person we need.

I have had close dealings with a few politicians.... most are ego driven or have little mans syndrome!

I think we need business people running the country.......not people that only think about themselves.

Some of the wankers I have seen get into electorate positions couldn't run a chook raffle at the local pub.....but they know how to talk the talk and bluff their way through.....but not the sharpest tack in the packet!

The trouble with business people running the country is that a country is not a business. They're there to represent, protect and provide services to the people, not maximise profits for shareholders. What we need is a range of people with different life skills and experience in different sectors. Instead what we have more and more is a political class who go from Uni to working as a political staffer then becoming a politician themselves. No wonder there's a disconnect between them and reality.

Our polititians have had already way to many pay increases it is time for them to do what they ask all australians and that is to cut back.

I have no idea how anyone could be a polititian money and conditions should only be part of the reason you do a job not the be all and end all.

Job satisfaction is what lets down all who step up to the block.

How could anyone be satisfied in a job where your dammed if you do and dammed if you dont. You can only please some people no matter how hard you try, you are controlled by a minority to stay in power. Send a couple to the can for travel rorts and we may then see a few more honest polititians. They are currently setting a great example.

The role conditions and all should be upfront with no grey areas.

They dont carry the nick name of fat cats for nothing.

Send a couple to the can for travel rorts and we may then see a few more honest polititians.

Apparently Bronny's $5,000 helicopter ride wasn't outside the rules. Completely outrageous and unjustifiable, yes, but not against the rules. What's needed is to tighten the rules and take a lot of the flexibility out of it. That, and to have every politician's travel costs immediately visible to the public on a website so they know there's constant public scrutiny on their travel.

Abbott gets a hell of lot more than 2ook.

It in 2014 was $539,338 plus a huge super, and gold card, staff, security,car and office space every year for the rest of his life...

News Ltd reported on the cost of supporting our former Prime Ministers with office space, staff and travel etc. The most expensive was John Howard, the most frugal Paul Keating.