SELFIES . . . . .?

The advent of "Selfie" pictures, nearly always taken by people with mobile phones, always filled me with a certain amount of pity,. . .you see them on Fizzogbook on a tumultuallyregular basis,. . .everything from "Me with my dog" to "Me with Prince Charles" . . . etc,. . .and I always though, well,. . .what a bunch of saddoes AND THEN. . . .

I found the following snap, . . .taken by me,. . . . with a pocket camera sent to Australia for my birthday by my Mother,. . . . quite a small natty ting it was,. . .took 127 film cartridges,. . .( remember them anyone ? )

And one day, whilst taking a couple of victims,. . .er,. . .I mean FRIENDS sharing the cost . . .on a short flight,. . .for some ungodly reason, I took a picture, and ended up on the edge of it,. . . but now, you can see half of "Fill'z Fizzog" as he looked in 1974. . . .notice the obvious calm collected air of professional confidence in driving a flying appliance with human victims aboard. . . .

I wonder if there are any other forumites who have succumbed to this craze,m. . .I vote that mine must rate as within the first thousand selfies anyway. . . . .

Incidentally, I lost the moustache after several of my girl friends didn't like it,. . .it tickled. . . ( ? ) I have NO IDEA who the guy on the left was,. . .he was hanging about at Casey Airfield and said he'd like to come with us, so I let him fly it whilst I messed around with the camera,. . .he said his dad was an airline pilot, so I thought,. . .fair enough, he must be OK then. . . .[ATTACH]47614._xfImport[/ATTACH]

The second one, isn't really a "Selfie" . . .although it was MY Hasselblad. . . . . we were doing a gig in 1964 at my high school,. . .and I was doubling up as the keyboard player had the floo . . . . Phil the Internet troll,. . .at 14 years old. . . .. .my God,. . .I'd forgotten that young men used to wear TIES back then. . . .!

[ATTACH]47615._xfImport[/ATTACH]

Come on now,. . .don't be shy,. . .let's have a selfie thread. . . .! ! I have a mental picture of what some of you people must look like, from your threads and comments,. . . . be nice to see you in pictures bigger than thread icons. . . . . . .!

815241074_PhilSELFIE1974.thumb.jpg.61373212618f52e2b11a1b6dd989af59.jpg

Singalong.thumb.jpg.8e9fb7573299c5dc0ba64593d4806489.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil, is 1974 a cutoff date? No selfies later than 1974? Or should we say no selfies showing you older than 30 (ish)? That way dignity might be preserved. Otherwise the moderator might have to delete this thread to preserve the standing of recreational aviation.

The advent of "Selfie" pictures, nearly always taken by people with mobile phones, always filled me with a certain amount of pity,. . .you see them on Fizzogbook on a tumultuallyregular basis,. . .everything from "Me with my dog" to "Me with Prince Charles" . . . etc,. . .and I always though, well,. . .what a bunch of saddoes AND THEN. . . .

I found the following snap, . . .taken by me,. . . . with a pocket camera sent to Australia for my birthday by my Mother,. . . . quite a small natty ting it was,. . .took 127 film cartridges,. . .( remember them anyone ? )

And one day, whilst taking a couple of victims,. . .er,. . .I mean FRIENDS sharing the cost . . .on a short flight,. . .for some ungodly reason, I took a picture, and ended up on the edge of it,. . . but now, you can see half of "Fill'z Fizzog" as he looked in 1974. . . .notice the obvious calm collected air of professional confidence in driving a flying appliance with human victims aboard. . . .

I wonder if there are any other forumites who have succumbed to this craze,m. . .I vote that mine must rate as within the first thousand selfies anyway. . . . .

Incidentally, I lost the moustache after several of my girl friends didn't like it,. . .it tickled. . . ( ? ) I have NO IDEA who the guy on the left was,. . .he was hanging about at Casey Airfield and said he'd like to come with us, so I let him fly it whilst I messed around with the camera,. . .he said his dad was an airline pilot, so I thought,. . .fair enough, he must be OK then. . . .[ATTACH=full]35778[/ATTACH]

The second one, isn't really a "Selfie" . . .although it was MY Hasselblad. . . . . we were doing a gig in 1964 at my high school,. . .and I was doubling up as the keyboard player had the floo . . . . Phil the Internet troll,. . .at 14 years old. . . .. .my God,. . .I'd forgotten that young men used to wear TIES back then. . . .!

[ATTACH=full]35779[/ATTACH]

Come on now,. . .don't be shy,. . .let's have a selfie thread. . . .! ! I have a mental picture of what some of you people must look like, from your threads and comments,. . . . be nice to see you in pictures bigger than thread icons. . . . . . .!

Do yo still have the 335?

1978 - Adelaide Airport doing a pre-flight before heading off on a return flight to Dubbo. Picture shows a lady of impeccable taste and PA-28 VH-WES. I still see WES every time I go to Camden Airport. The lady faded from the scene when I was claimed by Old Ma Emu.

[ATTACH]47622._xfImport[/ATTACH]

VH-WES.jpeg.thumb.jpeg.4396710922285bc2004d06833538075d.jpeg

Probably '75 or '76 with standard for the times 2 sizes too small tight jeans, older brother and the Datsun 1000 that was later to become my first car.

[ATTACH]47626._xfImport[/ATTACH]

Tail completed last year and my trusty Mazda 6 ...

[ATTACH]47627._xfImport[/ATTACH]

1384368511_me70s.thumb.jpg.25e7d6a599f2d11b4c6a0ad51ae9a66c.jpg

1806894437_atail.thumb.jpg.9fd746a5dc1d14ea232156574bcd1927.jpg

Phil, is 1974 a cutoff date? No selfies later than 1974? Or should we say no selfies showing you older than 30 (ish)? That way dignity might be preserved. Otherwise the moderator might have to delete this thread to preserve the standing of recreational aviation.

I don't think I mentioned a cutoff date,. . .nott intentionally anyway ! . . .it's just the only one I had !

Guest Deskpilot1

Take your pick [ATTACH]47632._xfImport[/ATTACH]

Like others, I was once a hippie with hair as well

[ATTACH]47633._xfImport[/ATTACH]

The age of Aquarius I think. Just wish my wife Jen still looked that good.

[ATTACH]47631._xfImport[/ATTACH]

361580228_Happyme.thumb.jpg.deac1ca9c663c976ac9f252784b8f84a.jpg

S8000491.thumb.JPG.2d28bd6e0a14cf439bb89a65eb1c8e5d.JPG

Hippies.thumb.jpg.7d09eca834cbb8272e972de4c5796d42.jpg

Take your pick [ATTACH]35826[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]35827[/ATTACH]

Like others, I was once a hippie with hair as well

[ATTACH]35828[/ATTACH]

MMMMM,. . . .a beard,. . . .I think I might try and grow another one,. . .makes a bloke look somewhat more,. . .er,. . .refined ? ? ? ? ?

Guest Maj Millard

[ATTACH]47634._xfImport[/ATTACH]

Not a selfie either...did they have them in 1974 ?...this may not look aviation related but it is, both being the only very lucky survivors of a 1974 C182 plane crash at Batchelor NT. Wendy a British backpacker was on her way home after also having to endure cyclone Tracy in Darwin hospital !....We were both not long out of hospitals after long stays, and met at Sydney Kingsford Smith for farewells, prob sometime in early 1975. I am also fresh out of the Airforce.

Wendy used this to track me down a few years ago, having not seen each other in some thirty years. She returned to Australia, married an Aussie and now lives happily in Perth with two children.

image.thumb.jpg.2a790178d19646455c42e00675554e2a.jpg

Yeah! Don`t we all!!!!!.....Getting old is a bitch.

both being the only very lucky survivors of a 1974 C182 plane crash at Batchelor NT.

Ross, I reckon you`ve had a lot courage in continuing to do what almost took your life. spacer.png:score 010:spacer.png

Frank.