SELFIES . . . . .?

These guys make it look easy...

Saw a vid of three aircraft doing this . . .around 15 years ago Marty,. . .they were doing the same thing under a road bridge somewhere, but the local authorities apparently told them to stop being silly. . . .They were from that weird breed called. . . . .cropdusters. . . . . . what a bunch of loonies. . . . . it's bad enough flying at six feet above ground spraying sorghum. . .but skimming the surface tension. . . . .Hmm,. . .dunno if I'd personally have the B*****x to do that. . . brave but not daft. . . .maybe if it was my OWN aeroplane. . . .? but then,. . . NOT NOW. . .TOO OLD !

Hugely entertaining from the safety of a cinema seat though innit ? ? ?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ATTACH=full]36150[/ATTACH] Not a selfie...but certainly my favourite poser shot....Reno Air Races...late 80s or early 90s...that's the man !..

Ross,. . . .brilliant pic,. . .did you ask him if he could pour you upside down whilst doing a barrell roll . . .?

Nice one Sir. . . . .great to meet a legend of aviation. . . . . .

Bob Hoover had a great routine in the Aerocommander. Unassuming bloke too. The CASA or whatever they were in about 1993, issued him with an australian licence when the Yanks cancelled Bobs, for having no coordination (due Age) BS of course. Barry Diamond was the bloke who did that for him and a good idea too. He performed at Avalon.. always impressive...Nev

I saw his "energy conservation" routine in the Aero commander at Skyrace Tasmania - not sure if that was the year Chris Sperou landed his Pitts inverted or not, the race only happened 2 or three years. Would have been around 1995. Brilliant show. A year later the US aircraft carrier Kitty Hawk visited Hobart and I remember one of the pilots getting all excited about wanting to visit this airstrip where Bob Hoover had performed. Don't know if he made it, it's a couple hundred k's from Hobart.

• 1 year later...