Execution.

farri

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it ironic that the Indonesian government is pleading with the Egyptian government to commute the death sentences of an Indonesian citizen who is facing the gun in Egypt.

(I don't know that the Indonesian person's crime was, but I'd hazard a guess that it was related to radical Islamist activity against the Egyptian government.)

OME

death sentences don't discourage crime though. the US has the death penalty in many states and they still manage to shoot 50,000 ppl a year

No but it one less we don't have too pay through the prison system ...

That money could then go to the medical system too help people in need .

Will the execution of Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran, make any different to the ongoing illicit drug use?.........I believe it won`t!!!

Frank.

p

Agree Frank . No conclusive evidence to suggest that capital punishment is a deterrent , in fact many States in the U.S. with capital punishment have higher rates of homicide than those that don't . It does appear ,however , to give people with authority a sense of power ...... Bob

Dazza will flip when he sees that headline.

It's wonderful that Andrew Chan was saved before he died, all his sins forgiven - truly he can rest in peace. I sincerely hope at least some of the others were also. Life is short, despite what we have done or not done in our lives I see this as of utmost importance.

Psalm 23 "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies; thou hast anointed my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely, goodness and loving-kindness shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for the length of the days."

Psalm 103 "As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us. As a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear him. For himself knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust. As for man, his days are as grass; as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth: For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone, and the place thereof knoweth it no more. But the loving-kindness of the Lord is from everlasting and to everlasting, upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children"

no,, but it will send a massage that if ya court u may pay with our life'spacer.png

I don`t believe that it has! Try telling that to the addicted user! All the addicted user care`s about, is their next hit, fix, call it what you like.

Franco (Frank)

I wonder if all you bleeding heart do gooders would be still feeling such empathy if it was your child out there prostituting itself to pay for a habit.

These guys took a risk, in an effort to get rich quick. They knew the consequences......

organising groups of smugglers is a bit more serious than finding your next hit.

Agree! But what sort of society are we creating by keeping someone in prison for years, then executing them? It appeared to me that Andrew and Myuran, would not have been repeat offenders, in fact, they had a lot to offer in rehabilitating others. At some point,everyone deserves forgiveness!

Frank.

Guest Andys@coffs

Who was punished more, those executed or the family that put their life on hold for 10 years and then in the last 6 months clearly went through enormous stresses and strains.Was the sister of MS a brilliant actor...or simply someone suffering appallingly....I think the later myself....

Personal view, and not necessarily applicable in this case, death isn't something you can undo if down track new technology or a review of circumstances lead to the conclusion that the absolute guilt, beyond reasonable doubt...is suddenly simply innocent.....

I myself, or my family, have never been victims of crime (at least the type/magnitude we are discussing) so I don't know if I would feel different if that was not the case...probably....but I personally don't see humanity as a failing of humans....rather something that separates us from other animals.

Andy

I don't think they expected to get rich but they haven't got any skills or interests apart from getting high, your options are limited.

The good news is big pharma is filling the demand for opiates with a range of drugs. Fentanyl and propofol are killing plenty of junkies these days

I simply ask those holding candle lit services in our capital cities tonight to have an educated opinion and not listen to what mainstream media is feeding you, to make this easy here are some quick facts.

- illicit drugs cost Australians over 81 Billion per year

- opioid overdose is responsible for the death of over 737 per year in Australia alone

- drug related domestic violence resulted in the death of 15 people last year.

- opioid replacement programs (pharmacotherapy) costs australians millions every year and achieves very little and is a drain on our GP's and pharmacies.

- Ambulances responded to over 5000 opioid related cases last year taking that ambulance away from your loved ones.

- opioids are responsible for the destruction of thousands of families every year and often child abuse or neglect.

In my opinion for those saying save the death penalty for murders & rapists i say Sakumaran and Chan are murders! look at the statistics.

To those saying why kill people that have changed their ways, are you a criminal phycologist? Who says they have changed? Rupert Murdoch?

To those saying they are so brave, get real... brave are our solders that have fought to protect our country brave is those volunteer firefighters running into fires to save your family. not these scum bags.

To those saying killing them will not stop the drug issues, your right no it wont, but the same people are saying kill murderers and rapists, so does that mean murders and rape will stop?

To those saying they have not hurt or affected anyone! i hate you the most!

To those saying we should observe a minutes silence! you make me sick, why are we putting them in the same category as our brave solders.

What we should be doing is holding candle services and having a minutes silence for those families that have lost loved ones or subject to constant family violence due to drug abuse, that these two are partly responsible for not the other way around!

I will end by saying if you have never been personally affected by drug abuse you may never understand, but i will simply ask while you are weeping and praying for these two scum bags tonight that you do the same for those affected by drugs!

And to call these scumbags heroes is simply disgusting and an insult to true Heroes everywhere.

I copied some of the above from someone else so cannot verify all the numbers but I agree totaly with the sentiment.

I wonder if all you bleeding heart do gooders would be still feeling such empathy if it was your child out there prostituting itself to pay for a habit.

That`s you`re point of view and I respect your right to it, but I doesn`t give you the right to call those who appear to be a bit more compassionate than you "bleeding heart do gooders", that`s bull sh!t.

Do you not see that the user chooses to put the drugs in their mouth or their vein`s.

Frank.

Who was punished more, those executed or the family that put their life on hold for 10 years and then in the last 6 months clearly went through enormous stresses and strains.Was the sister of MS a brilliant actor...or simply someone suffering appallingly....I think the later myself....

Personal view, and not necessarily applicable in this case, death isn't something you can undo if down track new technology or a review of circumstances lead to the conclusion that the absolute guilt, beyond reasonable doubt...is suddenly simply innocent.....

I myself, or my family, have never been victims of crime (at least the type/magnitude we are discussing) so I don't know if I would feel different if that was not the case...probably....but I personally don't see humanity as a failing of humans....rather something that separates us from other animals.

Andy

Andy

Other animal only kill for food or suvival they don't destroy each other for gain in profit like human do too each other.

Doug

Soon as you start name calling people with different views you have lost me, so keep it pleasant please.

Isn't respect for life pretty sacrosanct and a fundamental basic of a civilised society. Of course drug abuse is a big problem, but we let people peddle cigarettes that kill 2/3 rds of the users and is extremely addictive. Petrol sniffing destroys the brain and affects the DNA. So does alcohol with pregnant women affect the foetus. The alcohol lobby have the ear of government in the NT, where alcohol is a major problem.

Education and rehabilitation is the way eventually. Prohibition never works. Just makes the game more profitable and crime ridden. Nev

In my opinion for those saying save the death penalty for murders & rapists i say Sakumaran and Chan are murders! .

Unless I`m mistaken and please correct me if I am, these two guys were executed for attenpting to bring drugs into Australia! Unless they had done it before and even then there would have to be hard evidence, that anyone who used the drugs they supplied, acutely died from those drugs, they never killed anyone, therefore, they were not murders!

What you have said about the cost in $ and human life is probably correct and tragic, but until the drug users are seen as part of the problem and not victims, and the situation addressed accordingly, I don`t think there is going to be much difference made, by these two men`s death.

Frank.

I think people have lost the real reason they were executed , they broke the law of a SOVERIEGN country as much as the western world abhors state sanctioned execution (USA,Russia still do it) they broke their laws ,and most of what Geoff13 says i agree with

cheers gareth

THEY were actually being effective at rehabilitating others. What happened there could never happen in our expensive PRIVATELY run gaols, where rehabilitation is against the interest of the business, and you can get any drugs you want inside. A gangland notable who knows too much can be despatched while still inside. The BALI GAOL is capable of something never achievable here. Nev

That`s you`re point of view and I respect your right to it, but I doesn`t give you the right to call those who appear to be a bit more compassionate than you "bleeding heart do gooders", that`s bull sh!t.

Do you not see that the user chooses to put the drugs in their mouth or their vein`s.

Frank.

Frank,

Why are you not allowed to drive a car or own a gun until you have reached an age where society deems you to be mature enough to be responsible for the consequences of your actions?

And yet you are happy to say that the teenagers in our community can choose not to destroy their lives when encouraged to take this stuff at a very young age.

You suggest that you are more compassionate than I, that's fine, but I have a different view. My compassion is for those in your last line.

Regards Bill

P.S

I wonder if you remember how powerful peer pressure was when you were a teenager

I wonder if all you bleeding heart do gooders would be still feeling such empathy if it was your child out there prostituting itself to pay for a habit.These guys took a risk, in an effort to get rich quick. They knew the consequences......

Nobody puts a gun to anybodies head to make them start taking drugs.