Execution.

farri

No I don't know who the big players are and I don't believe in shooting people and I don't really know why Indonesia does what it does, at a guess it could be something like this, they might think if they are harsh enough on the mules people will be reluctant to do it thus slowing the drug trade down. I would not be surprised if the chief of police is part of the racket and the executions were political grand standing. How can any of us know what really is going on? One thing for sure is I don't think we should legalize dope we have enough dopes as it is.

I think the members of the Indonesian government do what they do because their brains haven't fully developed yet.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Identifying a problem is only the first part of the solution. The next step is applying the solution!

Post#222 Turbo has said, "This is a wildfire out of control, so some serious lateral thinking is required." I agree completely.

I`ve been saying for many years, and on here also, that the users, drug addicts, if you prefer, are responsible for keeping the drug trade going... There are many reasons why anyone would turn to drugs, but I think we all know that once the individual is addicted, the reasons or how they get the money to feed their addiction, no longer matters.

In the program, Struggle Street, a guy who was addicted on ICE, was was stealing what ever he could to feed his addiction, he was put before the court and his father was hoping that he would be put in prison for a long enough period, that he would be cured of his addiction.

Penalty....$800 good behavior bond....For starters!... Where did the Magistrate/Judge think he would get the money for the bond?...How on earth, did the court think a good behavior bond would cure his addiction...Just not good enough, if the problem is going to be addressed seriously.

As far as I`m concerned, it`s time, long overdue, in fact, that users not be given a choice as to whether they stop using or not, they must be made to do whatever it takes, to stop them using...... How that should be done, is another issue.

Frank.

Frank, I agree with all you say in post 235, but to clarify something, a good behaviour bond is not a fine but a promise to the court that the person bonded will be of good behaviour for the period specified. If the person bound over commits a criminal offence while the bond is still in force then they, or their guarantor(s) are liable to forfeit the sum. Most judicial systems have a vetting or qualifying system for those going surety to make sure they have sufficient asset backing to meet the forfeit. There is also often a prison sentence imposed but suspended for the period of the bond. It works sometimes and for some people but not usually in the case of addicts. The biggest problem, as I saw it, was that the courts often wimp out and do not seek payment of the forfeit and/or do not impose the suspended sentence.

Defence counsel often tell some shockers to play on the leniency of the courts. Not lies mind you, but often nowhere near the whole truth. And so the cycle continues........

Sorry for rambling.

Not rambling...Explaining....I should have worded my post accordingly!

Regardless of how the system works, it doesn`t work!...That should be evident, to those within the system..... Time to change it.

Frank.

Frank I am not sure how you think that, if I was thinking about smuggling drugs in Indonesia the risk of being shot who sure as hell would be adeterrent. To me the only way to check on that would be to first try without the penalty and then with and compare the results.

The problem is that you're thinking rationally about relative risks.

People who are seduced by the lure of big money, or who are desperate for one reason or another, do not think rationally when it comes to risk-taking. We see this time and time again.