Hydrogen

Yenn

3 hours ago, onetrack said:

I knew those Tassie roads were windy! - but that's eye-opening!!

Not really, St helens is about 200klms from Devonport and from my place to St Helens is around 250klms. This week drove from home to Legerwood to pick up a huge milk vat, that round trip as 780klms for the day.

DRIVE

You lucky  bugger,  we in the none red zone lockdown, can,t go anywhere.

It would be be different is we had a bad contact,, BUT NOTHING HERE.

Not in this little ' third settlement ' Toongabbei.

It,s like waiting for something to happen. 

spacesailor

Edited by spacesailor
Missed letter

It's hard to get lost in Tassie. It's really a tiny place.

Whether you go north, south, east or west it's only a couple of hours before you drop into the sea.

DAX is exaggerating - he's really driving in big circles to claim distances that you mainlanders think are normal.

Edited by nomadpete
extra bs
  • Haha 2

I used to often drive that far to work!

My record was when my boss said:

"Urgent job for you. It'll take a fortnight in Torres Strait."

"Yippee!" Says I. "I'm your man!"

"Good. Slight problem, we blew our airfares budget. Here's the keys to a landcruiser. Call me when you get to T.I."

Drove 2600k plus a couple of ferries to get to work.

Can't see hydrogen power suited to that kind of trip anytime in the near future.

Edited by nomadpete
  • Haha 1

I did 1900 kms in one day when I was young and silly - from Bathurst to West of Ceduna, in 1970, in a HD Holden sedan.

I started at 5:00AM and drove until 10:00PM, plus I had the advantage of a time zone gain. Couldn't do it today. I was sitting on 120-130kmh nearly all day.

But I did travel Pt Augusta to Norseman (1700 kms) in one day in July 1993. My partner and I left Pt. Augusta at 4:00AM, and we were in Norseman in time for dinner.

We did exceed the speed limit a bit, but it was a beautiful day, little traffic, never sighted any cops, and I had a fairly new turbodiesel 80 Series Landcruiser, which was very fast, and very comfortable.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, spacesailor said:

DRIVE

You lucky  bugger,  we in the none red zone lockdown, can,t go anywhere.

We only has travel restriction for a couple of weeks and that was in the nth W, the rest of Tas hasn't suffered at all.

22 hours ago, nomadpete said:

It's hard to get lost in Tassie. It's really a tiny place.

Whether you go north, south, east or west it's only a couple of hours before you drop into the sea.

Lots of people get lost in Tas, they stop in the middle of the road get out to see where they are and our road is bitumen, which is one of the only ones except for the main drag. So we get fools driving up our road thinking it's a short cut to Hobart, but it's a dead end and the sign says no through road, but all year we have fools coming up it and find they can't turn round at the end, which becomes a dirt track into the bush.