Brain Teaser

red750

17 hours ago, Marty_d said:

Try reading it backwards. 

By a process of elimination I found out why Google Translate detects it as Hmong. In Esrever ni hsilgne tsuj si siht, the words ni, tsuj, and siht all correspond to Hmong words.

• Like 1

Yes.   (Apart from the twin's birthday one, all these came from the TV quiz show 'The 1% Club" some from the Aussie version, some from the UK version.)

What well-known 3-word expression is written in code below?
THODEEPUGHT

11 hours ago, red750 said:

Coffee  Dresser  Grammar  Potato  Revive   Uneven  

The odd one out is Coffee.  The others are the same in reverse if you move the first letter to the end. Dresser  >   resserD     Grammar   >   rammarG  etc.

What can be placed between 3 and 7 to produce a number greater than 3 but less than 7?

1 hour ago, red750 said:

The odd one out is Coffee.  The others are the same in reverse if you move the first letter to the end. Dresser  >   resserD     Grammar   >   rammarG  etc.

What can be placed between 3 and 7 to produce a number greater than 3 but less than 7?

A decimal point.  The reason I chose Uneven is it's the only one to start with a vowel.

Decimal point is correct, Marty. 

On a digital 24-hour clock that displays hours, minutes and seconds, how many times in each 24-hour period do all six digits change simultaneously?

• Like 1

Oh, I missed the bit about it being a 24-hour clock.  On a normal clock all digit change when the time flicks over from 11:59:59 to 00:00:00 and again when it goes from 09:59:59 to 10:00:00.  That would be 2.  

For a 24-hour clock you'd have 10:00:00, 20:00:00 and 00:00:00.  So 3?

Yes, 3 is right.

09:59:59  >   10:00:00     ,   19:59:59 >  20:00:00,    23:59:59   >   00:00:00

I'm all out of brain teasers for the present, you'll have to wait till the next 1% Club.