red750 Posted August 22 Author Posted August 22 2 hours ago, pmccarthy said: When it rains it pours Answer previously given. It was correct.
red750 Posted August 22 Author Posted August 22 The freyed knot was the responce to Nev suggestion, and applies to Marty's also. 1
facthunter Posted August 23 Posted August 23 "the wrong answer" is the right answer. . mouse in the house? Nev
red750 Posted August 27 Author Posted August 27 Correct. Sorry for the delay, I've been a bit distracted. Here's something a little different.
Jerry_Atrick Posted August 28 Posted August 28 (edited) I think its 150, but could be 170. Geometry and trigonometry were never my strong points (pardon the pun). Edited August 28 by Jerry_Atrick
Jerry_Atrick Posted August 28 Posted August 28 (edited) OK, I am going to show my workings now, because I obviously, got one of my sums wrong in the penultimate question. Assumption: Despite appearances, this is not an equilateral triangle and despite the absence of the degree symbol, the 3x's and 4x denotes degrees of the inner angles of the triangle. As the inner angles of any triangle always add up to 180 degrees (I am sure there is some theorem that disproves this), then 3x + 4x + 3x = 180; therefore 10x equals 180. Therefore, x equals 18. The angle of y is the difference between 180 (straight line) and 3x, or 3 x 18 or 54. 180 degrees take away 54 degrees = 136 degrees.. Oh wait.. that is where i went wrong in the last one.. it is 124 degrees.. Darn it.. I have been working with computers for too long! Think about this.. if I got this wrong, and I am involved in implementing market risk systems, which are quite mathematical, what hope has the global economy got? Edited August 28 by Jerry_Atrick
red750 Posted August 28 Author Posted August 28 10x = 180, therefore x = 18. 3x = 54. y = (180 - 54) = 126.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now