Will we let a foreigner destroy our democracy?

Old Koreelah

Thinking about the title of this thread.

If China had a Bit more brain !. It could & should give Hong Kong, Independent rule as a Democracy.

Also TAX them, to see if it could be a sustainable revenue earner.

Imagine the revenue passing through Hong kong annually.  

spacesailor

Jokes aside,  Spacey, that's a totally unrealistic idea.

Hong Kong is special to China. It's where The Middle Kingdom were humiliated by Britain, a tiny foreign country. That cultural memory is very important to China, and helps explain their current foreign policy.

Hong Kong is also where their economic miracle began, but that model has now spread throughout the country. HK is no longer as important to China's economy.

Although China agreed to allow HK to be a special administrative zone, the central government is very sensitive about any challenges to its authority.

There is zero chance of them giving the territory independence. 

Lots of people have given up on the news Rag. So now our government has introduced 

Compulsory NBN 

And I'm suspecting them to start (when up & running fully) to get to begin doctoring the content we will be allowed.

With a little Murdoch help.

Not long now to my cutoff date. (from the free internet( no government wires))

Then phone internet only, Unless the Government gets to put a stop to the other internet.

spacesailor

At first I thought to myself that there might be a glimmer of hope for us. What? Dissent in the Murdock empire?

But, alas, it only shows that media leaders are all "left leaning" or "right leaning". Sadly, there is no indication of any media trying to be "unbiased" sources of truth. Except SBS and Australian ABC. The proof of this is  they cop it from both sides whenever they report something that might hurt a wealthy income stream or political agenda.