Science versus Religion

Phil Perry

Phil I wonder if religion is the dominant factor motivating these ar$holes. I suspect quite a few lowlifes see jihad as a way of escaping their current dissatisfying life, much as Norsemen went on their annual Viking (actually a verb) and our forefathers "went west" to the frontier, or joined a gold rush.

I recently watched footage of a kiwi who was in custody in Syria after joining IS. The grub was asked if he had any regrets.

He also said he had only been deployed as a guard and in detail lamented that he had been unable to afford a slave while with the organisation.

"I would have liked to have one, but I never got to," he said.

"They range in price from $US4000 up to $US50,000, and I didn't have that kind of money just to throw around myself."

'Bumbling Kiwi jihadi' who revealed location via Twitter captured in Syria

Phil I wonder if religion is the dominant factor motivating these ar$holes. I suspect quite a few lowlifes see jihad as a way of escaping their current dissatisfying life, much as Norsemen went on their annual Viking (actually a verb) and our forefathers "went west" to the frontier, or joined a gold rush.I recently watched footage of a kiwi who was in custody in Syria after joining IS. The grub was asked if he had any regrets.

He also said he had only been deployed as a guard and in detail lamented that he had been unable to afford a slave while with the organisation.

"I would have liked to have one, but I never got to," he said.

"They range in price from $US4000 up to $US50,000, and I didn't have that kind of money just to throw around myself."

'Bumbling Kiwi jihadi' who revealed location via Twitter captured in Syria

We have a lefty media frenzy here, with regard to a 15 yer old girl who travelled to Syria and 'Married' an ISIS fighter ( From Holland ! ). Now that ISIS have been all but destroyed, she's in a Kurdish Prison cmp with her new baby, and is begging forgiveness and wants to return to live in the UK with her parents,. . her Dad, is a well known Jihadi extremost who has nbeen photographed at demonstrations against the UK Govt.. . . The Lefty BBC s championing her corner, saying that she is BrItish, and HAS to be brought back to the hated UK.

Give him his due, our muslim Home Secretary Sajid Javid, has removed her British Citizenship and refused to allow her to return with her Jihadi spawn. . . but the UK media are going apecrap about it. . .as one would expect. The Dutch are saying that if Hubby comes back to Europe, he will be jailed as a Jihadi immediately, so it looks like SOME justice may actually be taking place, although we still have up to 30,00 people on the Jihadi 'Watch List'. . .what ever that means. . . Those cynics mongst us are expecting that both of them will be secreted back into the country anyhow. . .such is the progress of the great population replacement programme. . . I don't thing that this will end well. . .

Well... that's one way of looking at it. Trouble is they often have a litter when over there (like the 15yo Phil mentions) - and while I could care less if the fools stay in some hellhole for the rest of their lives, their kids are innocent. Not only innocent but Australian (or UK) citizens by birth.

What sort of society are we if we condemn toddlers to a life of misery because of the sins of their parents?

WE could Should be the SAME as their parents !.

They will kill us & not bat an eyelid. WHY should we have to harbor their offspring.

I have a fairly large family, I don't what ANY of them ( ISIS/JIHAD) Cutting heads off my Tribe.

KEEP THEM OUT & FAR AWAY.

spacesailor

Don't tell me that you believe evil is hereditary.

Not inherited, learned. I have lots of sympathy for the children of cretinous jihadists, but they should get in the queue behind the thousands of other needy kids, whose parents weren't trying to replace our system with an evil cult.

THANK you. OK.

A child taught that life is cheap, & they get points for their "afterlife" when they kill Infidels, should be the Last, behind all the other "NONVIOLENT people who wish to be AUSTRALIAN.

ONE point in contention. Australia did-not say anything about the Sri lanka genocide, & the government wasn't happy to have those refugee's here.

spacesailor

Not inherited, learned. I have lots of sympathy for the children of cretinous jihadists, but they should get in the queue behind the thousands of other needy kids, whose parents weren't trying to replace our system with an evil cult.

Possibly so, but these kids already have Australian citizenship where the others don't. If we take the kids back when they're young enough they'll have a better chance - even in the foster system - than growing up truly radicalised in some prison camp in Yemen or somewhere.

Possibly so, but these kids already have Australian citizenship where the others don't. If we take the kids back when they're young enough they'll have a better chance - even in the foster system - than growing up truly radicalised in some prison camp in Yemen or somewhere.

The realities of our legal system make it very likely those kids would stay with their parents or near relatives.

More ticking time-bombs for our overstretched security services to try to monitor.

The realities of our legal system make it very likely those kids would stay with their parents or near relatives.More ticking time-bombs for our overstretched security services to try to monitor.

So maybe that's where the law-tinkering should concentrate. If you lose your citizenship due to terrorist action, your kids are actively removed from the extended family, IF there's any indication that they support the misguided beliefs of their kin.

Which ASIO usually have a good handle on.